First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 2023 Lincoln Aviator
Occupation
Retired Ford employee
Got my 2021 Plat end of June 2021 and had to many issues to list here. All software related, and been in and out of the service department dozens of times and grown very tired of this problematic vehicle long ago.
Had finally a new "updated" APIM installed this morning after a 8 month wait. Sure do hope all my issues and dealer visits are history now.
Anybody else have their APIM replaced with sucess?
Sponsored

ENG430

First Name
Ahmad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 502A
I am waiting to receive the new APIM, more than 40 days and hopefully it will not be 8 months.

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
The module that runs the Sync screen and various other vehicle accessories.

Accessory Protocol Interface Module

Blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT
Still waiting on the replacement APIM and the gremlins keep growing, yesterday the power steering stopped working. Have 13 update downloads waiting, have never had one update in 18 months.

Sponsored

nsbreeding

First Name
Neal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat 2021
I'll add to this, that once they tried to "reprogram" mine, It now won't remember the OTA update schedule (not that I have received any OTU's since I bought the truck in Sept 21), and they looked at it again 4 weeks ago and aren't returning my phone calls so I guess I'll have to drive down to the Ford dealership and stand in front of the service manager whose eyes glaze over when I started talking about OTA updates... Ford has really dropped the ball on getting service center up to date on technologies

Blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT
After a month wait the dealer called we have an APIM. So I stopped by yesterday afternoon and they installed it quick and got updates running. With four updates to go they stopped working, they tried several times but it was getting late and called it for the day. Today I got the dreaded call that we tried several more times with the same result. They contacted Ford and they said we are short handed and the system is down. So I pickup the truck once again, it's now dark and here comes the truck with the right side headlight and fog light out, WTF. Now waiting for the dealer to hear back from Ford on what to do, holidays coming dont expect much.

mj1angier

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch Power Boost
My dealer is still tossing parts at mine but I get the feel they will have to replace mine.

Blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT
Dropped off my truck again this morning to have the APIM update done for the third time. Once again the dealer calls and says the APIM keeps freezing and wont update and they have a call in to Ford. Will this ever be fixed, every time I get it back there are fewer features that work. These trucks are just a big POS.

OP
OP
Pete6114

Pete6114

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 2023 Lincoln Aviator
Occupation
Retired Ford employee
Dropped off my truck again this morning to have the APIM update done for the third time. Once again the dealer calls and says the APIM keeps freezing and wont update and they have a call in to Ford. Will this ever be fixed, every time I get it back there are fewer features that work. These trucks are just a big POS.
I cant disagree with you. I got the new "updated" APIM and still have couple issues with the interior lights not working all the time and the tailgate assist. Definitely the most problems i ever had with any of the prior 27 Fords. It's been nothing but problems since i got it 18 month ago and cant just enjoy it without having to make yet another appointment. Going in once again tomorrow. Not sure how long i'll be keeping this vehicle and cant recommend it. If i had confidence in ordering another one, i'd have done it already. Ford dropped the ball, no doubt about it.
Sponsored