Wiring to tailgate

JDaleo

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch
I have a 2022 King Ranch and I was wondering if anyone had a wire diagram for the wires going to the tailgate (open/close button, camera, light). I'm trying to find the wire colors that go to the light somewhere under the back by the hitch.
Sponsored

OP
OP

JDaleo

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch
If nobody has this on hand, any idea where I might be able to find it?
I see the single wire harness going into the tailgate, but didn't want to jab each wire if i don't have to, to find the one for the light next to the camera.

Zyvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Crew, FX4, Lariat
@JDaleo It should be pin 10 on the connector below the tailgate (C431), white wire with a green stripe.
Ford F-150 Wiring to tailgate 1678472446839

TremorWolf

First Name
Karlton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor 402a
Occupation
Engineer
If nobody has this on hand, any idea where I might be able to find it?
I see the single wire harness going into the tailgate, but didn't want to jab each wire if i don't have to, to find the one for the light next to the camera.
Can I ask what the end goal is? I don’t have the wiring info, but if you are trying to add light to the bed and don’t have the factory lights I know how/what harness and forescan changes are needed to add them. About $100, 20 minute job. If you are looking for switched power part of this install may work also.

OP
OP

JDaleo

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch
Can I ask what the end goal is? I don’t have the wiring info, but if you are trying to add light to the bed and don’t have the factory lights I know how/what harness and forescan changes are needed to add them. About $100, 20 minute job. If you are looking for switched power part of this install may work also.
Yep, so I added light strips to my running boards that are yellow when the parking lights are on and can also be white when the interior lights are on.
The wires come back to the taillights for power and ground and I was trying to avoid using the top center light as I didn't want to break that seal and have to come out of the cab with a wire, so I started looking at lights in the bed.
I thought they would work because when you push the button in the bed, the top center comes on, however the interior lights don't come on, and when you hit unlock, the bed lights don't come on.. So it looks like the top center gets it's power from two different directions, but it's not all connected. Then I noticed the led light on the tailgate works when the top center light is on and you hit unlock on the remote.. So I was trying to find the wire that comes from the LED at the harness that comes out of the tailgate and tap off of that for the running boards.

Sponsored

OP
OP

JDaleo

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch
@JDaleo It should be pin 10 on the connector below the tailgate (C431), white wire with a green stripe.
1678472446839.png
I see the harness, just need to wait for a day it's not cold and rainy to drop the tire to have better access to it. Thank you!

Aron

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Lariat PB 4x2; '15 Expedition; '98 Ranger
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Yep, so I added light strips to my running boards that are yellow when the parking lights are on and can also be white when the interior lights are on.
The wires come back to the taillights for power and ground and I was trying to avoid using the top center light as I didn't want to break that seal and have to come out of the cab with a wire, so I started looking at lights in the bed.
I thought they would work because when you push the button in the bed, the top center comes on, however the interior lights don't come on, and when you hit unlock, the bed lights don't come on.. So it looks like the top center gets it's power from two different directions, but it's not all connected. Then I noticed the led light on the tailgate works when the top center light is on and you hit unlock on the remote.. So I was trying to find the wire that comes from the LED at the harness that comes out of the tailgate and tap off of that for the running boards.
Wow! Please post photos when you have it done. Sounds pretty cool!
Sponsored