Sponsored

BLIS - Alternative Option For Interior Signal Experiment (Edit)

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
as i drove today.. i thought an image of what camera sees beside you could pop up in rear view mirror??
Sponsored

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
It'd be nice to be able to utilize all of the free screen space in having an optional persistent view ability. It doesn't even need to be large, just a nice wide angle view of the blind spot. Options should be persistent, on blinker, disabled. Ford really needs to give into the whole customization thing already. The 12" IPC is completely underutilized.

OP
OP
Kodiak

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
as i drove today.. i thought an image of what camera sees beside you could pop up in rear view mirror??
My dad bought a new Santa Fe and it has that option. I drove it around for a couple of days and it has the blind spot view come up on the drivers info screen on the side of the screen that you turn your directional on to. Left turn signal get a view of the left side blind spot on the left side of the screen. It was outstanding.

However I found that I utilized the BLIS in the HUD more frequently. That gave me an instant notification if I wanted to go further with the turn without taking my eyes off the road and turning my head. If the turn idea popped into my head, I would look at the HUD and see if it was clear. If it was then I would start to use the mirror and turn my head to physically look behind me. That feedback before any head turning was what I found to be the best.

On another note it is a shame that every higher end truck does not come with a digital rearview mirror if the cameras are already there.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
beep boop boop @Ford Motor Company this post contains common sense features to include boop beep
/bot_speak

OP
OP
Kodiak

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Sponsored

heffer86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 501A
I really like this idea. Would it be possible to add a little buzzer to the mix? I see that the turn signal wire is in the same harness. Is there a way to wire it that if the BLIS light is on and the turn signal active that it would activate the buzzer?

OP
OP
Kodiak

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I really like this idea. Would it be possible to add a little buzzer to the mix? I see that the turn signal wire is in the same harness. Is there a way to wire it that if the BLIS light is on and the turn signal active that it would activate the buzzer?
Beyond my skill. You would probably need some programming for that cross reference, but perhaps there is a wiring scenario that could work. Now if you just wanted to splice in some small buzzer that would activate if the little LED activated, depending on the draw of the buzzer, that could work. However it would buzz whenever BLIS is activated.

This BLIS could be more.
Sponsored