Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Ok - issue with this.

I just got a new iPhone 13 Pro with an Apple leather case. The new case has a bigger lip around the camera. It lifts the phone just enough that it the rubber bits on this charger don't touch the case enough to hold it.

When I turn or accelerate my phone just slides off.
Ahh, good to know. I have an iPhone 11 Pro with a rubber-esque type case. It works fine for now.

I may be upgrading to the iPhone 13 Pro soon. I’ll have to see if it works with it or not.
Sponsored

mschiraldi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Sport 2.7 SCREW
Thank you again @Knickell for posting. Received my truck on Friday and just added this setup. Works perfect with wireless CarPlay and lets me close the lid to satisfy the OCD.

Ford F-150 Wireless Phone Charging for Lariat and Below Models F130DF0F-5653-43CF-A9B2-AB56469F89A8

Orlando150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
Ok - issue with this.

I just got a new iPhone 13 Pro with an Apple leather case. The new case has a bigger lip around the camera. It lifts the phone just enough that it the rubber bits on this charger don't touch the case enough to hold it.

When I turn or accelerate my phone just slides off.
Update on the issue with the iPhone 13 Pro camera bump and Apple leather case. I tried out some different solutions and ended up with this which works pretty well:

I bought these Scotch Heavy Duty Gripping Pads for about $4 at Lowes.
Ford F-150 Wireless Phone Charging for Lariat and Below Models C1CBC2BC-3111-4DF3-B861-EBBEF6AF4B5B

I cut some small squares for each side of the charger which leave room for the camera bump to not be touching the pads. This allows the full surface of the pad to grip the phone instead of just edges if the camera raises the phone.

Ford F-150 Wireless Phone Charging for Lariat and Below Models 7ABEEACE-39F1-47CF-9DF5-ED45C0AE6352

The material is soft (no way it could scratch) but grips well. It's not glue or tape... it doesn't leave any residue on the phone. The back is a peel off sticker to hold the pads to the charger.

Ford F-150 Wireless Phone Charging for Lariat and Below Models FDCCA790-390F-4E53-8541-ED6BC914D89E

The charging area is raised but it is still close enough to charge. However I don't know if charge power is lower at that range. Update: I drove around for an hour streaming music and using Waze and the battery charge increased from 72% to 84% so no issues there.
Ford F-150 Wireless Phone Charging for Lariat and Below Models CD8CF1E9-A8E9-429B-B281-04A4A051D312

Just these little square pads are enough to hold the phone in place during normal driving conditions. Again this is with the Apple leather case but I think it would work with other cases too.

Ford F-150 Wireless Phone Charging for Lariat and Below Models D6A2F79E-CBBC-41AE-AA58-538E702FFD0D

Last edited:

WillB17

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
Just so you guys are aware, anything that is not a Magsafe charger will only charge the iphones at 7.5W. If you need something faster (15W) you're stuck with magsafe. The only way to hit 15W with magsafe is most likely using the AC outlet since none of the USB ports have the juice to support 15W charging by the looks of this thread.

I think what I will do is install a 7.5W wireless charger for normal charging, and keep a 20W AC brick and lighting cable in one of the glove boxes when I need the fastest charging.

Last edited:

Sponsored

JediNut

First Name
Emmett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Ford F-150 Lariat PowerBoost
Occupation
Old Time Geek
I have to add my thanks to @Knickell for this setup as well. I originally went with the replacement center console tray on Amazon that had the built in charging spot. The charger in it was horrible. This setup works perfectly! Plus, I have the added advantage of an Anker charger, I have always liked Anker products!

kb2755

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT 302A Sport
Just saw Anker release this new charger in their MagGo line-up.
https://us.anker.com/collections/chargers/products/b2930

Still waiting a while for my truck, but was hoping to get one of these and stick it in the same compartment as here:
Ford F-150 Wireless Phone Charging for Lariat and Below Models D6A2F79E-CBBC-41AE-AA58-538E702FFD0D

Anyone with their trucks foresee any size/configuration issues? I'm getting an XLT so no top cover to worry about.

Di2

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat, 2012 Challenger R/T Classic 5.7
Occupation
Retired
You could just connect from the USB port in the truck, to the charging port on the phone. Less convenient, I realize, as you have to plug in and unplug the phone. Depends upon the level of inconvenience you're willing to put up with. I haven't decided yet what I will be doing.

kb2755

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT 302A Sport
You could just connect from the USB port in the truck, to the charging port on the phone. Less convenient, I realize, as you have to plug in and unplug the phone. Depends upon the level of inconvenience you're willing to put up with. I haven't decided yet what I will be doing.
This is what I currently do, but it's because my current car requires a plug-in connection for CarPlay. I hate having cables laying around in the car and having to plug it in all the time.

I want to take advantage of the MagSafe and just be able to throw it on when I feel like it. The Anker solution I quoted seems perfect, just want to make sure it'll fit in that cubby without issue.

OP
OP
Knickell

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have to add my thanks to @Knickell for this setup as well. I originally went with the replacement center console tray on Amazon that had the built in charging spot. The charger in it was horrible. This setup works perfectly! Plus, I have the added advantage of an Anker charger, I have always liked Anker products!

Glad it worked out for you @JediNut!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Knickell

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just saw Anker release this new charger in their MagGo line-up.
https://us.anker.com/collections/chargers/products/b2930

Still waiting a while for my truck, but was hoping to get one of these and stick it in the same compartment as here:
D6A2F79E-CBBC-41AE-AA58-538E702FFD0D.jpeg

Anyone with their trucks foresee any size/configuration issues? I'm getting an XLT so no top cover to worry about.

Just “eyeing” it, it seems to be about the same size as the one I’m running, just a newer model. Looks good! May have to upgrade myself!!

kb2755

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT 302A Sport
Just “eyeing” it, it seems to be about the same size as the one I’m running, just a newer model. Looks good! May have to upgrade myself!!
Just for absolute, 100% clarity, the image below is what I'm looking to install in the cubby. I'm concerned with the height/length of the arm, want to make sure it'll fit in there:
Ford F-150 Wireless Phone Charging for Lariat and Below Models B2930011_TD_01_1200x

The image I used in my first post was stolen from a post above for reference to the location, not the charging pad solution :)

OP
OP
Knickell

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just for absolute, 100% clarity, the image below is what I'm looking to install in the cubby. I'm concerned with the height/length of the arm, want to make sure it'll fit in there:
B2930011_TD_01_1200x.jpg

The image I used in my first post was stolen from a post above for reference to the location, not the charging pad solution :)

Ahh, I will have to withdraw my statement then. Thought it was the flat Anker charging pad thing.

spizike9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150, Lariat, Powerboost, FX4
Well I took it one step further and installed the MagSafe charger in the little cubby. Turned out good. Now I just throw my phone up there and it charges

C3B5A3E5-4158-4F11-AD65-439C8B568F1A.jpeg
Do you have links to the parts list? Where did you tap in for power as I see both USBs are still open. This looks very clean. Would love to do this to my truck.

ryan79260

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Tremor (ordered)
Wait.... how did you run your power? This is exactly what I want to do.
Agreed!!! I attempted something similar, but always got an error when the MagSafe charger was plugged into the USB-C in that cubby. So, love the placement, but curious how the power is run as I don’t see any of the cords (which is a plus)!
Sponsored