First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i have a 2018 ford escape
Occupation
pipeline construction
I wonder if the 302A XLT will come with wireless charging... curious to hear what you guys think.
Sponsored

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Principal at Granger Motors
King Ranch, Platinum and Limited only....

Not even optional on the Lariat so it will not be on the # 1 seller 302A package XLT...

Makes plenty of sense...o_O

OP
OP

zdc999

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i have a 2018 ford escape
Occupation
pipeline construction
King Ranch, Platinum and Limited only....

Not even optional on the Lariat so it will not be on the # 1 seller 302A package XLT...

Makes plenty of sense...o_O

Are you serious... thats crazy. hopefully it can be installed aftermarket

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Principal at Granger Motors
Yes I am and it is crazy...

I buy Platinum and Limited models so this time will not affect me this time...

However our best seller should be able to option it...

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
I can see 2021 owners purchasing and installing the OEM wireless charging pad. Hopefully it’s just a simple removal of the stock panel and replacing it with the charging pad and hopefully the wiring is there. But, knowing Ford, one, might have to use something like FORScan to actually turn on the charging pad.

I still cannot fathom how this feature does not come standard on any trim that has wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.

Also, will the SYNC 4 Interface and it’s supported apps be wireless as well or just like SYNC 3, USB will be required.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Agashi25

First Name
Arban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
I can see 2021 owners purchasing and installing the OEM wireless charging pad. Hopefully it’s just a simple removal of the stock panel and replacing it with the charging pad and hopefully the wiring is there. But, knowing Ford, one, might have to use something like FORScan to actually turn on the charging pad.

I still can fathom how this feature does not come standard on any trim that has wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.

Also, will the SYNC 4 Interface and it’s supported apps be wireless as well or just like SYNC 3, USB will be required.
Wow big let down.

Do you know if Wireless CarPlay comes with Lariat 502A?

2dogcamper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Sport FX4

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
I wonder if the 302A XLT will come with wireless charging... curious to hear what you guys think.
Wireless charging capability will not be available for the XLT or Lariat for the 2021 model year.

Lack of wireless charging sucks as I mentioned, but I agree. I get too many things on the Lariat model that I want (color, Sport package) that I can't get on King Ranch/Platinum/Limited.

What I am contemplating doing is buying a wireless charger myself. The cubby area where the included charging pad under the front instrument panel (under the 12" screen and radio/climate control buttons) is pretty cavernous and has two USB ports. I'm thinking about getting a short USB cable, buying this charging pad, and laying it in the cubby. If I remember correctly, the way its laid out, I should be able to place the pad in the cubby, hook it up the the USB port, place my phone inside and have my own charging area.

Sounds good on paper, but we shall see!

Here is a link to the webpage for the device if anyone wants a closer look.

https://www.anker.com/products/variant/the-hybrid-wireless-and-portable-charger/A1615011

Ford F-150 Wireless Charging a1

Ford F-150 Wireless Charging a2

Ford F-150 Wireless Charging a4

Sponsored

Reeltime

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 2018 Murano
Occupation
IT Consultant

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
Wireless charging is slow and doesn’t work with many cases, I’m not bummed about just plugging it in. In theory you aren’t even using it so what does it matter if it’s tethered? Someone will make an aftermarket option if you can’t get the part from ford.

ZWARRIOR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat 501A 2.7l
Occupation
Software Engineer
Personally I am not the biggest fan of wireless charging in an every day basis, I see it as a way to charge your phone but youre unable to use it, which is fine in most cases but regardless, its slower and less convenient to charge specially if youre using a long cable. I have nothing against the technology, its definitely a nice flex.

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
Hopefully it’ll be easy to add the OEM wireless charging pad to 2021 F150’s that don’t come with it.

Perhaps all it’ll take is a simple plug and play.
Sponsored