dog_tired

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Gen14 Platinum Hybrid; Tesla M3
All,
Picked up the Platinum last week and while driving home, noticed that my iPhone 11 Pro Max wouldn't fit on the charge pad. Thought that was poor planning by Ford.
When I took a photo of it this morning, it almost appears as if the wireless charge pad is recessed, when it should be flat. Anyone else notice this? Should this be flat?
(Note: the photo is inverted).

Ford F-150 Wireless Charging iPhone 11 Pro Max IMG_1969
Sponsored

spud_41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat 502a, Lead Foot 3.5L EB Fx4
All,
Picked up the Platinum last week and while driving home, noticed that my iPhone 11 Pro Max wouldn't fit on the charge pad. Thought that was poor planning by Ford.
When I took a photo of it this morning, it almost appears as if the wireless charge pad is recessed, when it should be flat. Anyone else notice this? Should this be flat?

IMG_1969.jpg
Don't have one but that looks like it was punched in. On the plat I drove it was flush and looked really nice.

zdjelar

First Name
Saša
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited (AMB)
Occupation
Energy
Don't have one but that looks like it was punched in. On the plat I drove it was flush and looked really nice.
Agree. all ones i've seen have been flush.

OP
OP
dog_tired

dog_tired

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You guys are right. Warranty item.
Here's a photo Currybob share with me from his KR.
Nice and flush and with little clips to hold it in place.

Ford F-150 Wireless Charging iPhone 11 Pro Max 20210126_125922

jrappy

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 XLT EcoBoost Supercrew
Karl - curious if you have a case on your phone....been wondering if my cased 11 pro max will wirelessly charge without taking the cover off. my case is an otter box defender. haven't had a chance to test it out at the dealer yet. keep us posted once you get it fixed.

Sponsored

OP
OP
dog_tired

dog_tired

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Karl - curious if you have a case on your phone....been wondering if my cased 11 pro max will wirelessly charge without taking the cover off. my case is an otter box defender. haven't had a chance to test it out at the dealer yet. keep us posted once you get it fixed.
I do have a leather case on my phone, but that didn't prevent the wireless charging available in my prior ride (BMW X5), or the wireless charger I use at home. I don't think that there will be a problem charging with the case in the F150. My only issue now is that the charging pad has been "pushed in". I'll get it fixed (hopefully there's a part!) when I take the truck in for an oil change next week or so.

I'll definitely up date this thread at the time.

I really appreciate all of the responses on this Forum. Great group of people participating!

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
I do have a leather case on my phone, but that didn't prevent the wireless charging available in my prior ride (BMW X5), or the wireless charger I use at home. I don't think that there will be a problem charging with the case in the F150. My only issue now is that the charging pad has been "pushed in". I'll get it fixed (hopefully there's a part!) when I take the truck in for an oil change next week or so.

I'll definitely up date this thread at the time.

I really appreciate all of the responses on this Forum. Great group of people participating!
Had to be off a few days and just now seeing this. Is Ford replacing it for you?

OP
OP
dog_tired

dog_tired

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Had to be off a few days and just now seeing this. Is Ford replacing it for you?
Stopped by the local dealership yesterday and although they were more interested in checking out the Platti Hybrid, I've got an appt to drop it off in 10 days to get it fixed. We'll see how this goes!

Vpswcci

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Taurus Limited, 2021 f150 Platinum (soon!)
With all the scratches and pushed in charging plate it sure looks like this has been seriously tampered with.
All,

IMG_1969.jpg

[/QUOTE]
All,

IMG_1969.jpg
With all the scratches and pushed in charging plate it sure looks like this has been seriously tampered with.

Dock4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum
The one the OP has is definitely defective. Mine is flush.

However, I think Ford missed on this. If I place my phone just right, it will charge. Take a turn, it moves slightly and stops charging. I think if they had adjustable “rails” to keep the phone in place, it would be great. I probably won’t be using the charging pad due to that issue and the overall awkwardness of the location.
Sponsored