Wireless Charger not working with iphone12 pro max

charliecbp

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F 150 Limited PowerBoost
My iPhone 12 pro max will not charge on the wireless charger with or without the case, i get a message saying something is in the way and the phone is not charging. I have read on other forums that this is a problem only with the iphone12 pro max on F150'S, 250'S and 350's, anyone else having this problem only with the iPhone 12 pro max?
Sponsored

Rich55Marshall

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Platinum PowerBoost 4X4
Occupation
Retired custom picture framer & Apple Expert
My iPhone 12 pro max will not charge on the wireless charger with or without the case, i get a message saying something is in the way and the phone is not charging. I have read on other forums that this is a problem only with the iphone12 pro max on F150'S, 250'S and 350's, anyone else having this problem only with the iPhone 12 pro max?
I've got a 12 Pro Max as well, and since I picked up my new truck a few days ago (!), I've gotten the message that the phone was no longer wirelessly charging; I found that charging works best when the bottom of the phone was oriented towards the driver. I've got an Apple (MagSafe) leather case on my phone, and so far so good. Wireless CarPlay is going to have a bit of drain on your phone battery, but shouldn't bee too horrific.

JDinNFLA

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Star White 3.5 EB
My 12Pro Max works fine. Top of phone needs to be all the way to the passengers side. If it slides left will stop charging.

Sponsored

RossRR

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 502A Rapid Red SCrew PB FX4 MaxTow
My wife and I have he same problem with the wireless charger in her 2020 Escape. The phone has to be positioned perfectly for it to charge but invariably the phone moves and stops charging. She has pretty much given up on using it to charge her phone and she just plugs the phone in to a USB port.
I had hoped Ford would have upgraded/improved their charger for the F150 on order; I guess I should have known better.

pkinneb

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 & 2018 MX5's, 2021 F150 PB Platinum
Mine works fine but the top of the phone has to be all the way to the right YMMV
Sponsored