Sponsored

Wireless Android Auto not working after latest Samsung update - Android 11 with One UI 3.0

spud_41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat 502a, Lead Foot 3.5L EB Fx4
So I installed 6.1 today, sat in the driveway with the truck running and couldn't get it to connect. Tried turning off bluetooth etc, nothing, plugged it in, got the reboot cycle. Started driving out of the neighborhood just listening through bluetooth and got a notification telling me to pull over, park, and set up AA through my phone. Clicked one button and it connected. Now for the first two songs it kept cutting out every 5 -10 seconds, after that it was fine. When I tried using Waze it told me to type on my phone, started typing via phone and it would disappear, wouldn't work typing on the 12" screen either (I was parked) so I just used the built in nav.

I did have it set up for 6.0 so location off etc so maybe I should try turning that stuff back on. Also I should have tried plugging the phone back in after I accepted 6.1's terms or whatever, neighbor hopped in his truck and I was blocking his driveway so I just pressed continue until it said it was connected.
Sponsored

dicedealer7

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 STX FX4
New problem.... When I connect AA, i now get an all blue screen. Goes back to normal when I disconnect AA

Ford F-150 Wireless Android Auto not working after latest Samsung update - Android 11 with One UI 3.0 20210213_175549

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
Just brought my truck home today ( after paying for on Tuesday)
Too cold out to be dinking with this thing today.
I have all Apple stuff, so I may not have an issue, but, she has a droid,
Samsung I think.
I may just connect her Bluetooth phone and that’s all
thats as far as I got today with my phone
ill play with I more once it warms up outside

Sponsored

sglide05

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT
I have a Samsung S21+ and my AA doesn't work wired or wireless. I hope they fix it soon.

kosekjm

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A 3.5 Powerboost FX4 5.5' Bed
Occupation
Software Engineer
Got that same message from Ford this morning.

However with the android auto 6.1 and chrome update my system has been working just fine for about a week or so. AA connects wireless whenever I enter the truck. Boot loop when plugged in is now gone too.

Note 10+ with One UI 3.0 Android 11

laujoyjoy

First Name
King
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
Got that same message from Ford this morning.

However with the android auto 6.1 and chrome update my system has been working just fine for about a week or so. AA connects wireless whenever I enter the truck. Boot loop when plugged in is now gone too.

Note 10+ with One UI 3.0 Android 11
Did you side loaded the update? I am checking the Play store everyday from my Note 20 and haven't seen the update yet.

kosekjm

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Did you side loaded the update? I am checking the Play store everyday from my Note 20 and haven't seen the update yet.
Yes I pulled it from apkmirror. Link was from this article:

https://www.androidpolice.com/2021/...-soon-get-12-new-more-car-oriented-backdrops/

That's about the only apk site I've ever played with. The chrome update came down on the phone automatically.

With both of those in place my AA is working.

And the Google play store still shows the older version for me as well.

Sponsored

spud_41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm still getting the reboot cycle when I plug in and it usually doesn't connect wirelessly the first drive of the day but does every time after that. Still can't use Waze unless it's a saved address because it cuts out when I try typing. AA 6.1 Chrome is updated, Samsung S10e.

kosekjm

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
I'm still getting the reboot cycle when I plug in and it usually doesn't connect wirelessly the first drive of the day but does every time after that. Still can't use Waze unless it's a saved address because it cuts out when I try typing. AA 6.1 Chrome is updated, Samsung S10e.
One other thing that I had done but I chalked this up to chrome update fixing my issue but maybe not.

When I was getting the loop issue that was with a usb-a to usb-c cable. Granted it was a higher quality one that worked everywhere else I've ever used it.

I had managed to leave that cable in my office the last time I went to work so when I tried the AA 6.1 and it worked I wanted to see if the boot loop was still there but only had the Samsung usb-c to usb-c cable at the house. I plugged my phone in with that cable and no boot loop.

I have since retrieved the usb-a to usb-c cable and that is no longer boot looping either. I can use either cable in their respective port and the phone no longer boot loops.

I use Google maps but so far have not had any issues typing nor asking the Google assistant for directions.

JFR0317

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum FX4 PowerBoost
I "uninstalled" the updates for Chrome and then did an update which went to the latest version. It now works fine with my Pixel 4XL on Android 11.

spud_41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I bought a bundle of usb-c cords just for the truck so that's what I've been using. @JFR0317 I'll try uninstalling the updates for Chrome, thanks.

spud_41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I uninstalled and updated Chrome, plugged it in and didn't get the reboot cycle but I did get this and i don't know what I'm supposed to do. AA works, didn't mess with it too much cause I was running errands.
Ford F-150 Wireless Android Auto not working after latest Samsung update - Android 11 with One UI 3.0 20210219_162721

Might have figured it out, I think it was just for Waze, and I think it's because I had Editor Maps set up on the app. Switched it to Standard or whatever and it went away. Still can't search anything via phone or 12" screen though.
Sponsored

Last edited: