Sponsored

Wireless Android Auto not working after latest Samsung update - Android 11 with One UI 3.0

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
May be a bit off topic here, but still related.

Any suggestions as what I should maybe do to my tablets and phone before getting the new truck?

All Apple
I currently have my phone and a tablet connected to my pickups as soon as I get in.
Have an I-Pad Mini that goes absolutely everywhere with me and is used as the music streamer.
Another I-Pad Pro occasionally travels with me.
And of course the I-Phone X. Just for calls, if I so desire to answer it.

Just want to attempt to avoid issues

davek22554

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!!! The problem / Fix has been found on reddit! HERE IS THE LINK TO THE POST!

Essentially, Chrome is causing the issue!
  1. Go into the play store on your phone and turn off auto updates.
  2. Then go to Chrome (in the play store) and click 'uninstall'. This will uninstall all of the updates to chrome (the last one broke Android Auto).
  3. And ... thats it. It works now. (wired at least)

Tried this on 2 different phones that were rebooting and they connect perfectly when plugged in.
This solved the roboot cycle issue. Now I turn off location prior to starting truck then once the truck and sync are up and synced with phone you get the AA icon and press it. Then a message appears saying maps require location and I turn location back on. Worked multiple times.

Now given that F-150 is the largest selling vehicle hopefully google gives this a high priority and gets it fixed quickly.

jlpotter76

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ford F150 Platinum
Occupation
Sales Engineer
This solved the roboot cycle issue. Now I turn off location prior to starting truck then once the truck and sync are up and synced with phone you get the AA icon and press it. Then a message appears saying maps require location and I turn location back on. Worked multiple times.

Now given that F-150 is the largest selling vehicle hopefully google gives this a high priority and gets it fixed quickly.
If you review my previous post I posted a video clip of just denying location for only Android Auto within the phone's Android Auto App Settings/Permissions. You don't have to toggle on and off just leave it denied.

Not sure if this link will take you to the video clip, but here it is.
https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/attachments/screen-20210126-214425-mp4.6981/

Sponsored

Daily22ssv

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 powerbost
Occupation
Tech
I turned location off on Android auto it didn't work 1st day I tried this but for some odd reason it's working today with no issues.

OP
OP
mark1976

mark1976

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 2.7 Sport 302A
If you review my previous post I posted a video clip of just denying location for only Android Auto within the phone's Android Auto App Settings/Permissions. You don't have to toggle on and off just leave it denied.

Not sure if this link will take you to the video clip, but here it is.
https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/attachments/screen-20210126-214425-mp4.6981/
Originally when I had this issue I flashed my phone back to Android 10. After reading your post I decided to let my phone install the upgrade to Android 11 and deny Location in the Android Auto permissions and lo and behold it worked!

The issue I'm currently seeing with Android Auto is that the audio track (artist and name), while streaming over YouTube Music, sometimes gets stuck. It seems that if I toggle the left and right screens it will sometimes fix the issue for that track. Anyone else have this issue?

Leadfoot

First Name
Marcy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat & 2015 Mustang GT 50 Year LE
Occupation
CFO / Office Mgr.
Sad too say just picked up my '21 Lariat as have the same problem ?
When I'm hooked up via the USB my phone just continuously reboots. Waiting for Ford's solution.

Wishiwas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
Whoever came up with the turning off the location permissions, your a genius! Works great now. I have gotten in and out of the truck, stopped and started and Android Auto comes up faithfully every time!

Sponsored

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited 4x4 Powerboost (Hybrid)
Occupation
Retired
I did read about the issues with Android recent update. I read it on the Ford site. They presented the issue - and stated Ford is working with Goggle to find a solution.

Last edited:

Robb1121

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 3.5 Ecoboost
Same issue for me on S21. When plugged in phone just keeps powering off.

I just picked up my truck today. I have a Note20. AA wireless doesn't work as all of you above. My wire connection doesn't work either, once I plugged in, my phone went to a bootloop. SMH!

laujoyjoy

First Name
King
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
Same issue for me on S21. When plugged in phone just keeps powering off.
Follow the instruction at post #45 above. It works for me using wire connection, no more bootloop.

Leadfoot

First Name
Marcy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat & 2015 Mustang GT 50 Year LE
Occupation
CFO / Office Mgr.
It's not a Ford issue. Google broke it with an update to Chrome.
I understand, perhaps I mis-spoke... what I mean is waiting for Ford & Google to work together for a solution on this problem.

When I was attempting to set up my AA, initially mine hooked up then failed and went into the reboot loop, like many others. I'm going in to deny the location in the hopes it'll temporarily resolve the issue without having to plug in.

Two ?'s for those of you who have encountered these problems:
1. Did any of you experience a "Hardware Problem" on your screen at any time?
When I was trying to set up AA again, after the 1st failure, (deleting all phones & starting over) my Sirius radio kicked out and the entire screen went white stating there was a hardware problem.
I was at the dealership at the time and left the truck for them to diagnose. Right before I left the screen flashed black & white then Sirius came back on and the message went away.
The dealer advised that Ford's Sync 4 isn't compatible with the most recent Samsung update (I don't know if he meant Samsung or Android/Google, but he said Samsung).
He said they're waiting on Ford to update their software to work with Samsung & Android/Google. He said they expect Ford will have an update within 30 days that will be sent out OTA with a fix for this problem.
Just wondering if anyone else had seen the 'hardware problem' screen?

2. For those of you who have fixed it by turning the location off, is it fully working wirelessly?
Is it charging your phones wirelessly as well? (If not I presume I'll just have to plug into another USB to charge my phone so it doesn't just keep looping).

Thank you for all for your input to help us get past this hurdle!

spud_41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat 502a, Lead Foot 3.5L EB Fx4
I understand, perhaps I mis-spoke... what I mean is waiting for Ford & Google to work together for a solution on this problem.

When I was attempting to set up my AA, initially mine hooked up then failed and went into the reboot loop, like many others. I'm going in to deny the location in the hopes it'll temporarily resolve the issue without having to plug in.

Two ?'s for those of you who have encountered these problems:
1. Did any of you experience a "Hardware Problem" on your screen at any time?
When I was trying to set up AA again, after the 1st failure, (deleting all phones & starting over) my Sirius radio kicked out and the entire screen went white stating there was a hardware problem.
I was at the dealership at the time and left the truck for them to diagnose. Right before I left the screen flashed black & white then Sirius came back on and the message went away.
The dealer advised that Ford's Sync 4 isn't compatible with the most recent Samsung update (I don't know if he meant Samsung or Android/Google, but he said Samsung).
He said they're waiting on Ford to update their software to work with Samsung & Android/Google. He said they expect Ford will have an update within 30 days that will be sent out OTA with a fix for this problem.
Just wondering if anyone else had seen the 'hardware problem' screen?

2. For those of you who have fixed it by turning the location off, is it fully working wirelessly?
Is it charging your phones wirelessly as well? (If not I presume I'll just have to plug into another USB to charge my phone so it doesn't just keep looping).

Thank you for all for your input to help us get past this hurdle!
How would it charge your phone wirelessly? I haven't gotten a hardware problem message on the sync4, but I have had my phone work fine and charge while plugged in, then next time I get in the truck it won't charge/says connection is bad or go into the reboot cycle. When that happens if it actually needs to be charged I'll use a 12v charger, but I can get it connected to android auto wirelessly after the phone restarts. Samsung S10e and I have location turned off.
Sponsored