Sponsored

Wireless Android Auto not working after latest Samsung update - Android 11 with One UI 3.0

mark1976

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 2.7 Sport 302A
Curious to see if anyone else is having this issue. Phone says to choose Android Auto on the screen, but there is no choice that I'm aware of. Normally after 10-15 seconds Android Auto would just appear next to Nav after the the WiFi connection between the phone and truck was established. Worked fine wirelessly before the phone update. Wired Android Auto still works fine.
Sponsored

21limited

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Curious to see if anyone else is having this issue. Phone says to choose Android Auto on the screen, but there is no choice that I'm aware of. Normally after 10-15 seconds Android Auto would just appear next to Nav after the the WiFi connection between the phone and truck was established. Worked fine wirelessly before the phone update. Wired Android Auto still works fine.
I've tried every method I can find online and can't get it to work on mine either.

OP
OP
mark1976

mark1976

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I've tried every method I can find online and can't get it to work on mine either.
Which phone do you have and did you recently update it?

21limited

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Which phone do you have and did you recently update it?
I have a note 20 ultra. I'm not exactly sure if it was before or after I got my truck but it did update recently. It never worked for me though.

Sponsored

OP
OP
mark1976

mark1976

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My phone just updated to that UI and version this morning. There probably is a correlation, because wireless AA worked well for me up until the update this morning.

Wonder if something changed with Android that Ford needs to account for?

OP
OP
mark1976

mark1976

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Wireless Android Auto not working after latest Samsung update - Android 11 with One UI 3.0 Screenshot_20210119-124417_Settings

Wishiwas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
I am glad its not me alone! I have a Note 10 5G+
I got my truck after my phone updated to 11.
I can get it to work (meaning it shows the Android Auto screen with the apps and Waze) if I reset the memory of my truck. One thing you have to do it make sure you have you phone connected to the wifi of the truck (I will get the language as to what they call it when I go to my truck). Once I get it running, it works great. Then when I shut the truck off again, its gone.
I have reset my phone to factory as well as the reset the stereo to factory, first time it will connect, then again when you shut the truck off, it doesn't reconnect the next time.
It just shouldn't be this complicated with this modern of a truck.

21limited

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
My phone just updated to that UI and version this morning. There probably is a correlation, because wireless AA worked well for me up until the update this morning.

Wonder if something changed with Android that Ford needs to account for?
That would make sense.

OP
OP
mark1976

mark1976

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I get this when my phone connects to my truck wirelessly, but the Android Auto button doesn't show up at the bottom of the screen.

Ford F-150 Wireless Android Auto not working after latest Samsung update - Android 11 with One UI 3.0 Screenshot_20210119-222116_Android Auto

Sponsored

Orlando150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
It's a Samsung issue, not a Ford issue.

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/...wn-android-auto-on-samsung-phones-153547.html

As far as the world of Android Auto is concerned, Android 11 comes with several changes, including support for new app categories, such as EV charging tools.

But for Samsung users, Android 11 might actually come with a little unpleasant surprise: it might no longer work after the update, as for some reason, the settings are reset, and the app is no longer enabled on the head unit.

While it’s not yet clear why this happens, several users confirmed in this reddit thread that more or less complex workarounds are required to bring Android Auto back to fully working condition after updating a Samsung phone to Android 11.

Had the same problem. I cleared the data and cache for the android auto app on my phone. Also deleted the saved smartphone on my car smartphone settings. Reconnected to my car and it started working,” someone says on reddit.

OP
OP
mark1976

mark1976

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It's a Samsung issue, not a Ford issue.

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/...wn-android-auto-on-samsung-phones-153547.html

As far as the world of Android Auto is concerned, Android 11 comes with several changes, including support for new app categories, such as EV charging tools.

But for Samsung users, Android 11 might actually come with a little unpleasant surprise: it might no longer work after the update, as for some reason, the settings are reset, and the app is no longer enabled on the head unit.

While it’s not yet clear why this happens, several users confirmed in this reddit thread that more or less complex workarounds are required to bring Android Auto back to fully working condition after updating a Samsung phone to Android 11.

Had the same problem. I cleared the data and cache for the android auto app on my phone. Also deleted the saved smartphone on my car smartphone settings. Reconnected to my car and it started working,” someone says on reddit.
Thanks for the link. I had read that earlier. It looks like the article is making reference to Android Auto is general, not wireless. Wired AA works perfectly fine for me.

rmorse261

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
I have the same problem as described after updating to Android 11. The "fix" that I use is as follows...clear data on the Android Auto app. Go to your phonelist on the vehicle and select your phone then connect to Android Auto. After 5-10 seconds it will have you re-setup AA on your phone. Sometimes you will have to try this more than once. It's a really unfortunate workaround that has to be done every time you start the vehicle but it does work. Hopefully a solution comes out soon.

21limited

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
I have the same problem as described after updating to Android 11. The "fix" that I use is as follows...clear data on the Android Auto app. Go to your phonelist on the vehicle and select your phone then connect to Android Auto. After 5-10 seconds it will have you re-setup AA on your phone. Sometimes you will have to try this more than once. It's a really unfortunate workaround that has to be done every time you start the vehicle but it does work. Hopefully a solution comes out soon.
Thanks for the info. Will give it a try.

laujoyjoy

First Name
King
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
I just picked up my truck today. I have a Note20. AA wireless doesn't work as all of you above. My wire connection doesn't work either, once I plugged in, my phone went to a bootloop. SMH!
Sponsored