Sponsored

Wireless Android Auto not working after latest Samsung update - Android 11 with One UI 3.0

Bebreezy1986

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Toyota 4Runner Limited
Curious to see if anyone else is having this issue. Phone says to choose Android Auto on the screen, but there is no choice that I'm aware of. Normally after 10-15 seconds Android Auto would just appear next to Nav after the the WiFi connection between the phone and truck was established. Worked fine wirelessly before the phone update. Wired Android Auto still works fine.
I uninstalled chrome updates and it worked once, then continued to not work after that. Then I went in and stopped optimizing battery for AA, Waze, and Chrome, and allowed all permissions for Chrome and AA, and now it works every time.
Sponsored

serinjune

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat 3.5L EB FX4
I thought AA was acting funny yesterday during a drive, but I just plugged the phone in and didn't have issues. I should probably pay attention to the wireless version now

spud_41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat 502a, Lead Foot 3.5L EB Fx4
I thought AA was acting funny yesterday during a drive, but I just plugged the phone in and didn't have issues. I should probably pay attention to the wireless version now
I have a lot of interference around where I am, SiriusXM channels get knocked out in certain spots, happens to AA too unless I turn Spotify to "Offline Mode" then it's fine.

Leadfoot

First Name
Marcy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat & 2015 Mustang GT 50 Year LE
Occupation
CFO / Office Mgr.
Update: thank you Doug Billings (post #45)! ?

I uninstalled chrome updates through the Google Play Store, and set my location to off.
AA now works wirelessly evertimr, without having to do anything at all.
AA comes on short after I start up with my Galaxy S21 ultra, and also with my husband's older Galaxy S9 plus, (although he didn't have to uninstall chrome updates or turn location off).

I haven't had any more "hardware failure" messages ? Hope that was just a fluke because of the initial issues.

No more boot loops, and wireless AA. VERY happy this is at least temporarily resolved.

Thank you for all for your input to help us get past this hurdle!

Hopefully any OTA updates may give the wireless charging that I believe is supposed to work with this as well??? Anyone know anything about that?

Plat_2021

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 Lariat Sport, 2021 Platinum (on order)
Occupation
Network and Security Consultant
6.1 Android auto appears to have resolved all of the issues, at least that I have tested

Bebreezy1986

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Toyota 4Runner Limited
I uninstalled chrome updates and it worked once, then continued to not work after that. Then I went in and stopped optimizing battery for AA, Waze, and Chrome, and allowed all permissions for Chrome and AA, and now it works every time.
It stopped working pretty immediately actually. After a bunch of frustration searching forums, I tried using tasker to disable the Android Auto play when connecting to bluetooth. I'd noticed that Spotify would start playing on my head unit when AA was trying to connect. It is the dumbest Android setting that can't be unset. Quite literally haven't seen a single positive post about bluetooth auto play.

And I'm not talking about AA being set to resume media. But for some reason, Spotify users have experienced issues with AA connecting. If you use tasker to essentially disable the auto play issue, your AA should connect flawlessly. Been over a week now and it has not had a single issue connecting. Give it a whirl. Don't have the link but the instructions are in XDA developers. Just search disable bluetooth auto play.
Sponsored