Sponsored

Wireless Android Auto not working after latest Samsung update - Android 11 with One UI 3.0

defran02

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 4X4 Sport 302a, 2020 Honda Pilot
I just picked up my truck today. I have a Note20. AA wireless doesn't work as all of you above. My wire connection doesn't work either, once I plugged in, my phone went to a bootloop. SMH!
Experiencing this right now with Pixel 3xl and Pixel 5

davek22554

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
There are two issues with connecting android phones and each has a workaround

Endless reboot loop. The root cause of this issue is with the latest chrome update. To get around this you need to disable updates in google play

1. Go into google play and disable auto updates
  2. Uninstall updates to Chrome

That will stop the endless looping and allow you to connect your phone via USB cable

The second issue is not being able to connect to Android Auto wirelessly. This is an issue with Android 11. The workaround for this is to disable location PRIOR to turning on your truck. Once Sync comes up and connects to Android Auto you can re-enable location so your maps work. This must be done each and every time you get into your truck.

This is not related to charging wirelessly which is separate.

Norheat

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 f150 5.0, 2021 F150 hybrid
So, I have a issue as well with wireless AA. I have a subscription to the AT&T WiFi for my office to use phones etc as wifi hotspot. My WiFi will not work with AA. It kicks each other out of the system and AA seems to win. I can't get internet access through the AA though. Weird.

Hugo

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 SC Lariat 3.5 EB FX4 Carbonized Grey
Occupation
Law Enforcement

Endless reboot loop. The root cause of this issue is with the latest chrome update. To get around this you need to disable updates in google play

That will stop the endless looping and allow you to connect your phone via USB cable

The second issue is not being able to connect to Android Auto wirelessly. This is an issue with Android 11. The workaround for this is to disable location PRIOR to turning on your truck. Once Sync comes up and connects to Android Auto you can re-enable location so your maps work. This must be done each and every time you get into your truck.

I can confirm having a new Galaxy S21+ this works on new phones too! I much prefer Android Auto to Apple Car Play. It's wired still but it works until we get a fix. Thank you to those who fiddled enough to figure out this short term fix.

Sponsored

brnt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat

Kefoster2

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
Same with my Note20 Ultra. I tried for different USBs and all it does is reboot the phone, over and over. what a letdown. That said, My wife's 30k Altima works with-out a hitch! I'm guessing its the note 20.
I am having the same issue although my note 20 says it is ready for AA.

davek22554

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I am having the same issue although my note 20 says it is ready for AA.

jamesaF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!!! The problem / Fix has been found on reddit! HERE IS THE LINK TO THE POST!

Essentially, Chrome is causing the issue!
  1. Go into the play store on your phone and turn off auto updates.
  2. Then go to Chrome (in the play store) and click 'uninstall'. This will uninstall all of the updates to chrome (the last one broke Android Auto).
  3. And ... thats it. It works now. (wired at least)

Tried this on 2 different phones that were rebooting and they connect perfectly when plugged in.
This worked for me. New 21 f150. Wireless still does not work for me. Pixel3XL

Sponsored

Norheat

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 f150 5.0, 2021 F150 hybrid
I have read that android auto 6.1 is coming out and will have the fix. It's not a Ford problem from what I have read. My AA is version 6.0. Hopefully they announce when the update is available.

kosekjm

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A 3.5 Powerboost FX4 5.5' Bed
Occupation
Software Engineer
Hi all,

Just picked up my 2021 XLT on Tuesday and knew about the Android Auto issue so hadn't tried to set it up. I did see the comment above about Android Auto 6.1 coming soon that might have the fix included. Well that version is on the APK mirror site as listed in this article:

https://www.androidpolice.com/2021/...-soon-get-12-new-more-car-oriented-backdrops/

Not entirely sure why it is not on the Google Play store yet (Although says it was just published today on the APK mirror page so maybe will hit shortly). Any way I gave it a go and I was able to setup my Note 10+ with Android 11 Wirelessly on my truck. Took a few power on and offs to get everything to sync up between the phone and the truck but I never had to disable location settings nor any of the other tweaks that have come up in this and other sites (Chrome updates, etc).

I still have the boot loop when plugging into one of the two USB ports in the console but the ones in the center storage console seem to keep my phone charging and not causing that boot loop issue.

After the phone was configured and connected I was able to switch the truck on and off and android auto reconnected wirelessly just fine.

Still not 100% fixed but better then it was.

Edit: Realized that the comment above for the Chrome update might be for the boot loop. I have not tried that for the boot fix.

discothan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Wireless android auto fixed!!

First. Go in AA settings press 7-10 times on Version then up top 3 dots developer settings then check add wireless projection to set.

Try that.

If still no go then turn off your location settings on your phone.
try again. This has worked for me.
note 20 ultra. please report back!

thanks-
user_online.gif
report.gif

Enabling the wireless project worked (without having to turn off location settings) on Android 10 on my Note10+.

Upgraded to S21 Ultra with Android11 and the only way for AA to work was to temporarily turn off Location Service. Once AA showed up on the F150 screen with Maps/Waze, the Location Service sometimes turns on automatically or you have have to manually trigger Location Service on the phone.

jamesaF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150