Sponsored

Wireless Android Auto not working after latest Samsung update - Android 11 with One UI 3.0

freddyttt

First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 F150 XLT
Occupation
Floors
I just picked up my truck today. I have a Note20. AA wireless doesn't work as all of you above. My wire connection doesn't work either, once I plugged in, my phone went to a bootloop. SMH!

Same with my Note20 Ultra. I tried for different USBs and all it does is reboot the phone, over and over. what a letdown. That said, My wife's 30k Altima works with-out a hitch! I'm guessing its the note 20.
Sponsored

laujoyjoy

First Name
King
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
Same with my Note20 Ultra. I tried for different USBs and all it does is reboot the phone, over and over. what a letdown. That said, My wife's 30k Altima works with-out a hitch! I'm guessing its the note 20.
Once I cleared the cache of AA, I am able to connect my Note20 wirelessly once. Once the truck restarted, the same issue is back.

I tried my other iphone and Android devices, all are fine. Most likely this is isolated to new Samsung devices with Android 11. Hope with the sales volume of the F-150, it will make either Samsung or Ford to correct this issue.

freddyttt

First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 F150 XLT
Occupation
Floors
Once I cleared the cache of AA, I am able to connect my Note20 wirelessly once. Once the truck restarted, the same issue is back.

I tried my other iphone and Android devices, all are fine. Most likely this is isolated to new Samsung devices with Android 11. Hope with the sales volume of the F-150, it will make either Samsung or Ford to correct this issue.
I might try a factory reset. Ill keep you posted.

rmorse261

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
I should have mentioned that as well. I also had the reboot loop when plugging in the usb cable (Galaxy S20). Along with the steps I mentioned above, I found that deleting your phone from the truck and re-adding did the trick. I was going as far as factory resetting my phone at first but realized it wasn't always necessary.

freddyttt

First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 F150 XLT
Occupation
Floors
Factory reset did the trick;).....using a cable.
I've not connected wirelessly. any thoughts tricks on this??

Sponsored

freddyttt

First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 F150 XLT
Occupation
Floors
Wireless android auto fixed!!

First. Go in AA settings press 7-10 times on Version then up top 3 dots developer settings then check add wireless projection to set.

Try that.

If still no go then turn off your location settings on your phone.
try again. This has worked for me.
note 20 ultra. please report back!

thanks-
Ford F-150 Wireless Android Auto not working after latest Samsung update - Android 11 with One UI 3.0 user_online
Ford F-150 Wireless Android Auto not working after latest Samsung update - Android 11 with One UI 3.0 report

OP
OP
mark1976

mark1976

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 2.7 Sport 302A

First. Go in AA settings press 7-10 times on Version then up top 3 dots developer settings then check add wireless projection to set.

Try that.

thanks-
user_online.gif
report.gif

[/QUOT

Try that.

thanks-
user_online.gif
report.gif
Going to Settings...Apps...Android Auto...then scrolling down to Version, pressing on Version 7-10 times does nothing. When pressing the 3 dot menu I get Uninstall updates only.

laujoyjoy

First Name
King
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum

Try that.

thanks-
user_online.gif
report.gif
I tried, I think it works one time. Once I restarted the truck, it's back to the same issue. Note 20 5G.

Sponsored

dougbillings

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum - Antimatter Blue
Occupation
Software Sales
Same issue. I've tried a pixel 5, pixel 3xl, and a galaxy s20 with android 11... and a galaxy tab s7 with android 10. All of them reboot soon after plugging them in. Took my truck to the dealership and they basically shrugged their shoulders. Let's hope Google releases an update to fix it soon.

freddyttt

First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 F150 XLT
Occupation
Floors
Same issue. I've tried a pixel 5, pixel 3xl, and a galaxy s20 with android 11... and a galaxy tab s7 with android 10. All of them reboot soon after plugging them in. Took my truck to the dealership and they basically shrugged their shoulders. Let's hope Google releases an update to fix it soon.

I reset my Note20ultra back to factory. That seemed to end the re-boot.

dougbillings

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum - Antimatter Blue
Occupation
Software Sales
I reset my Note20ultra back to factory. That seemed to end the re-boot.
Can you let me know if the fix persist after you get back in the truck at a later date?

jlpotter76

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ford F150 Platinum
Occupation
Sales Engineer
Can you let me know if the fix persist after you get back in the truck at a later date?
So from my settings and testing the only way I was able to get AA Wireless is by Denying Location Access within AA App Permissions. I have a Pixel 5.

Ford F-150 Wireless Android Auto not working after latest Samsung update - Android 11 with One UI 3.0 Screenshot_20210126-133110

Mac2457

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT
Occupation
Utility worker
Guess I'll start with what I saw alot of and say I'm glad I'm not alone. I couldn't connect wired or wirelessly. I saw the factory reset fixed the wired issue and that would have made me happy. I did the reset and it fixed it! Until tonight when I plugged in and bootloop...Not sure where to go from here because nothing seems to work permanently. Hopefully samsung/Google fix this soon, I miss my android auto! BTW, I have a 2021 XLT and note 20 ultra. If there are anymore suggestions, I'm all ears. I will try them when I finish work and get back to my truck.
Sponsored