Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 (perpetually on order)
Occupation
Drugs
Blizzaks are simply amazing.

No AT tire comes close to a dedicated snow tire.

ATs are not even the same league as a dedicated snow tire when on ice/packed Snow.
Sponsored

JayceeP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Ended up ordering 20” Blizzak DM-V2’s this morning. There seems to be supply issues and not much choice out there so I jumped on them when they came back in stock at Costco (they constantly go in and out of stock). Can’t even order them through my dealer. I’ll probably just rock the factory 20” alloys all year. It’s a 3 year lease and will likely be traded in at that point anyway. Not keen to run ugly steelies on this truck and don’t feel like spending another $1,000+ on half decent rims.

Anyway- excited to try the DM-V2’s out. I’ve only had Michelin’s x-ice for the last 8 years on my 4Runner. Could run the Hankook AT’s but reviews are mixed and I don’t want to have to think about road conditions 4 months of year whether I’m travelling or trying to get somewhere important.

fastevo9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 lariat 3.5eb & 2006 Evo9
OP quick question how is the ride with the stock 22 inch wheels?

Sponsored

bosro

First Name
rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150
I bought Duratracs last year and also found them good in snow. We have a cabin at 9600 feet that gets a good amount of snow and has a steep driveway and never had any issues going up. The noise and stickiness of them definitely make them a compromise tire for summer, but they aren’t bad and I was happy with how they handled winter. I do keep tires in the back for emergencies, and while they are great they still aren’t as competent as the Blizzaks on our CR-V, though the difference is less than I would have expected.
Ive run Duratracs on the last 3 trucks.
Year round in Alberta.
I hate swapping tires out.
They are louder and ride rougher than some,but offer very good traction year round.
BFGs are good too but last no where near as long for the gravel I do.
The Duratracs are going on my new truck when it gets here.

Icecoldak

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F-150 Limited
I did blizzacks on my 19 limited----went with 18 inch, awesome tire and traction!!

blind56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 2.7EB, 2016 WRX
I went with Blizzaks since I wanted to see what all the hype was all about. Wasn't happy with the X-Ice2/3 that were on other vehicles, however they say that the new X-Ice Snow is much better.
I've had Nokian's on four vehicles and have had zero complaints with them.

Sidebar-anyone know if we need separate wheel nuts for steelies? Or will the stock ones do?

Icecoldak

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F-150 Limited
I went with Blizzaks since I wanted to see what all the hype was all about. Wasn't happy with the X-Ice2/3 that were on other vehicles, however they say that the new X-Ice Snow is much better.
I've had Nokian's on four vehicles and have had zero complaints with them.

Sidebar-anyone know if we need separate wheel nuts for steelies? Or will the stock ones do?
I needed diff nuts for my steelies --stocks were not good
Sponsored