Sponsored

Winter driving and deployable running boards

Bajou

First Name
Stephan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'16MKX '18EDGE '19F-150 (Explorer MarkLT and many F150'S)
Occupation
Financial advisor, business owner
For those wondering if it works fine in harsh climate, i never had trouble with the previous ones. New model seems to work fine also in slush and ice :) here is my two tone paint
PXL_20210210_161339743.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP

Bajou

First Name
Stephan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Also noticed there is a little sprayer to clean the front cam when washing windshield

Trashman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Limited Powerboost
Occupation
Retired
Oh my it pains me to look at, I just thought they would stay clean for awhile, back to the real world!

Madman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3 Ford Explorers
Occupation
Engineer
For those wondering if it works fine in harsh climate, i never had trouble with the previous ones. New model seems to work fine also in slush and ice :) here is my two tone paint
@Bajou - I see these are the stock wheels and presume these are the stock tires. Seeing how much road crudi is sprayed all over your beautiful new truck has me convinced that I should order mud flaps before my vehicle arrives. Have you considered getting them yet?

Sgtslaughter

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 King Ranch
None of them like work once it’s below -25 degC
Is there any grease nipples to lube the pivot points on the new ones that you can see?

Sponsored

OP
OP

Bajou

First Name
Stephan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
None of them like work once it’s below -25 degC
Is there any grease nipples to lube the pivot points on the new ones that you can see?
because i got a nice ice shield all over the truck, it's not really easy to get a look, but it got really cold, -21 and they worked fine, will see below that how they do

OP
OP

Bajou

First Name
Stephan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
@Bajou - I see these are the stock wheels and presume these are the stock tires. Seeing how much road crudi is sprayed all over your beautiful new truck has me convinced that I should order mud flaps before my vehicle arrives. Have you considered getting them yet?
its on snow tires but same size as stock, if you keep it for a long time i would advise getting mud flaps, my '19 didn't splash the sides as much with same specs tires. i will not install flaps since it's not always caking like that on the side, and they tear apart when backing un in deep snow ...the road that day was really dirty, it got a good wash since

MN_Hockey_Fan

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
09/14/21 F150, 10 Expedition
I had them on a 2010 Expedition we had, live in MN. We sold it in 2018. The last few years they wouldn't always return to the up position. Paid to have it repainted once with assistance from Ford as the paint was flaking off the aluminum. I will never get them again. I see plenty on F150's driving around where the driver side is stuck in the down position and the passenger side is up.
Sponsored