First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 SC Lariat 3.5 EB FX4 Carbonized Grey
Occupation
Law Enforcement
On my truck I noticed when it rains that there is a substance on the windshield that looks like a swiping motion. It's clear so not noticeable during daylight. I thought maybe it's a spot I missed with rain x but it's still there. I tried cleaning it off with goo gone, razor blade, magic eraser, nothing seems to get it off the glass. It's def. on the outside because it effects the water hitting the windshield. Anyone notice anything similar and have success removing it? Otherwise I'll have service assess it because it's right in my view and is irritating at night when rainy.
Sponsored

Agashi25

First Name
Arban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
On my truck I noticed when it rains that there is a substance on the windshield that looks like a swiping motion. It's clear so not noticeable during daylight. I thought maybe it's a spot I missed with rain x but it's still there. I tried cleaning it off with goo gone, razor blade, magic eraser, nothing seems to get it off the glass. It's def. on the outside because it effects the water hitting the windshield. Anyone notice anything similar and have success removing it? Otherwise I'll have service assess it because it's right in my view and is irritating at night when rainy.
If steel wool doesn’t get it then it’s never coming off.

Agashi25

First Name
Arban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
Use 0000 steel wool.
I learned this a few years back and it’s the only way I clean my windows now. Always makes my windshield look like a brand new car.

Plat_2021

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 Lariat Sport, 2021 Platinum (on order)
Occupation
Network and Security Consultant
I don't have my truck but according to the Owners Manual.....

SWITCHING RECIRCULATED AIR ON AND OFF
Press the button to recirculate air currently in the passenger compartment. Note: Recirculated air could turn off or be prevented from turning on in all air flow modes except maximum cooling to reduce the risk of the windows fogging up. Note: Recirculated air could turn on and off when you direct air to the instrument panel or footwell air vents during hot weather to improve cooling efficiency

Sponsored

TruckGuy2020

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Military
I think I have something similar, looks like some sort of leftover film from the factory perhaps? I was driving home in the rain last night and visibility was terrible, the rain drops would splat and stick tot he windshield and evenafter the wipers go accross it was more of a smear than a clear. I was thinking of trying dish soap since it cuts through grease and wax pretty good.

OP
OP

Hugo

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 SC Lariat 3.5 EB FX4 Carbonized Grey
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Thanks guys I just cleaned the spot on the windshield and I believe it worked! I'll know in a bit when I go take a test drive in the rain and I'll update this post. Never had a clue about the wool trick. Just verified it worked. Thought at first y'all must be crazy! for using steel wool on a vehicle!. Thanks again guys.

Last edited:

CnB150Lariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat, PB, Fx4, SuperCrew w/5.5 Bed
hey guys, I am in the glass business and if you want the cleanest glass, go buy invisible glass. it is amazing, no streaks ever! Home depot or Walmart should have it.
Invisible glass is the best! Agreed 100%
Sponsored