First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Military
Is anyone else still waiting on the recall for their VIN? My truck was built in Dearborn in mid January, which fits the range that the recall covers. However, my VIN still has no recalls on it. I really want to get my windows tinted including the windshield so I’d like to get this recall knocked out soon if possible. Has anyone else had the recall show up on their vehicle recently? or if it hasn’t included my VIN am I in the clear at this point?
Sponsored

TruckGuy2020

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Military
Nothing in Ford pass.
Nothing on Ford recall site with my vin.
Nothing in the mail.

but my truck was built in that timeframe at Dearborn so I will be shocked if I’m not called..
did you every have your recall pop? I still haven’t got one.

Louis

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.enormis.net
Vehicles
21 F150 Crew 3.5 Lariat Sport 502a 6.5bed FX4
Occupation
Biz Owner
Is anyone else still waiting on the recall for their VIN? My truck was built in Dearborn in mid January, which fits the range that the recall covers. However, my VIN still has no recalls on it. I really want to get my windows tinted including the windshield so I’d like to get this recall knocked out soon if possible. Has anyone else had the recall show up on their vehicle recently? or if it hasn’t included my VIN am I in the clear at this point?
My Dearborn F150 was built in November. I received the windshield recall on my Ford app back in January.
It is MY opinion, If you have not received a recall in the mail or on your Ford app and the dealership can confirm (with your VIN number) that you are not under a windshield recall.... I would venture to say that you are safe!
Tint away my friend. :)

Last edited:

Desertdweller

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 KR PowerBoost FX 4
Occupation
Retired
My KR was built in Dearborn on Jan 21st. Still no recall notice and I checked again yesterday because I'm in the same boat as far as wanting window tint. I'm going to get the tint done and based on the stories I have read here, I'm not having my windshield removed even if I get the notice! "The enemy of good enough is better".

Sponsored

Louis

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.enormis.net
Vehicles
Occupation
Biz Owner
My KR was built in Dearborn on Jan 21st. Still no recall notice and I checked again yesterday because I'm in the same boat as far as wanting window tint. I'm going to get the tint done and based on the stories I have read here, I'm not having my windshield removed even if I get the notice! "The enemy of good enough is better".
I agree with you. I doubt any glass technician is going to read the multiple page document that Ford probably put out in regards to removing and replacing the windshield and the specific products / chemicals to use. The Ford dealership has probably no control over the end product after they are done. I will take my chances.
If I hear stories about windshield flying off at highway speeds then I will rethink my statement.
Hopefully my steering wheel doesn't lock up hopefully my drive shaft stays in place and hopefully my windshield does not fly out of my vehicle when I hit a guardrail. And hopefully my brakes don't fall under any recall in the near future.
:)

Darkjeep

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, CR-V
Occupation
God of Tech
Maybe color matters? Mine was built in January and no recalls at all.

Louis

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.enormis.net
Vehicles
Occupation
Biz Owner
Maybe color matters? Mine was built in January and no recalls at all.
Since I saw in the documents it was a flow additive added to certain primer and/or paint it is certainly possible...
Sponsored