Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Admin
Updated with more info:

<snip>​
We asked Ford for clarification on what caused this issue, whether it was an installation error or defective materials. A Ford representative replied with this statement:​
"This safety compliance recall was not an installation issue. A non-conforming batch of the paint supplier's flow additive within the clearcoat, and one specific primer, resulted in reduced bonding performance to the urethane adhesive used to attach the windshield to the vehicle body structure."
The recall affects 87,350 trucks in North America, 79,017 of which were sold in the US. Luckily, it seems like the fix for this issue involves the dealer simply removing and reinstalling the windshield using standard service procedures.​
If you are the owner of one of the affected trucks, you can expect to get a notice from Ford starting the week of April 6, 2021. Ford claims that no injuries have been reported as a result of this defect.​
<end snip>​

FORD MOTOR COMPANY ISSUES SAFETY COMPLIANCE AND SAFETY RECALLS IN NORTH AMERICA

Feb 22, 2021 | DEARBORN, Mich.

DEARBORN, Mich., Feb. 22, 2021 – Ford Motor Company is issuing safety compliance and safety recalls in North America.

Safety compliance recall for select 2020-21 Ford F-Series vehicles for windshield adhesion
Affected vehicles do not comply with Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards because the front windshields are inadequately bonded to the vehicle body structure. In the event of a crash, the windshield may not adequately stay in place, which may increase the risk of occupant injury.

This action affects 79,017 vehicles in the U.S. and federal territories, 6,986 in Canada and 1,347 in Mexico, including:
  • 2021 Ford F-150 vehicles built at Dearborn Truck Plant from Oct. 27, 2020, to Feb. 3, 2021
  • 2020-21 Ford Super Duty vehicles built at Kentucky Truck Plant from Oct. 13, 2020, to Jan. 23, 2021
Ford is not aware of any accidents or injuries related to this condition.

Owner notifications will begin the week of April 6. Dealers will remove and reinstall the windshield using standard service procedures. The Ford reference number for this recall is 21C06.
Sponsored

Last edited:

mnstang

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB Leadfoot
Occupation
US Gov
This action affects 79,017 vehicles in the U.S. and federal territories, 6,986 in Canada and 1,347 in Mexico, including:
  • 2021 Ford F-150 vehicles built at Dearborn Truck Plant from Oct. 27, 2020, to Feb. 3, 2021
Wow, now i'm wondering if thats ONE of the reasons my truck is being held back?

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited 4x4 Powerboost (Hybrid)
Occupation
Retired
My assumption would be any truck build after 3 Feb is being corrected on the assembly line.

Those trucks build between those dates & siting - awaiting transportation - I think Ford would correct before shipping since it's safety releated. - They may go ahead ship out & let the dealerships deal with it.

I'm a little surprised that Ford is waiting until April 6 to send out notification to dealerships - wonder why so long? My only guess is - It may required some type of new seal, adhesive or both.

mnstang

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB Leadfoot
Occupation
US Gov
My assumption would be any truck build after 3 Feb is being corrected on the assembly line.

Those trucks build between those dates & siting - awaiting transportation - I think Ford would correct before shipping since it's safety releated. - They may go ahead ship out & let the dealerships deal with it.

I'm a little surprised that Ford is waiting until April 6 to send out notification to dealerships - wonder why so long? My only guess is - It may required some type of new seal, adhesive or both.
My truck falls into that timeframe, yet still is at the plant. Just another thing to hold up shipment. Can't catch a break here haha, well at least they are catching these things BEFORE being shipped...hopefully.

Sponsored

Louis

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.enormis.net
Vehicles
21 F150 Crew 3.5 Lariat Sport 502a 6.5bed FX4
Occupation
Biz Owner
FORD MOTOR COMPANY ISSUES SAFETY COMPLIANCE AND SAFETY RECALLS IN NORTH AMERICA

Feb 22, 2021 | DEARBORN, Mich.

DEARBORN, Mich., Feb. 22, 2021 – Ford Motor Company is issuing safety compliance and safety recalls in North America.

Safety compliance recall for select 2020-21 Ford F-Series vehicles for windshield adhesion
Affected vehicles do not comply with Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards because the front windshields are inadequately bonded to the vehicle body structure. In the event of a crash, the windshield may not adequately stay in place, which may increase the risk of occupant injury.

• 2020-21 Ford Super Duty vehicles built at Kentucky Truck Plant from Oct. 13, 2020, to Jan. 23, 2021
Ford is not aware of any accidents or injuries related to this condition.

Owner notifications will begin the week of April 6. Dealers will remove and reinstall the windshield using standard service procedures. The Ford reference number for this recall is 21C06.
Mr Admin,
Can you tell us if its a product issue, (bad/defective adhesive, glass etc) or is it a design issue (not ENOUGH sealant etc) ???
Thank you.

CnB150Lariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat, PB, Fx4, SuperCrew w/5.5 Bed
I noticed yesterday when washing the truck that there was an unusual splattering of adhesive around edge of the windshield.
Getting a windshield replaced sucks and sometimes causes leaking issues and technology issues, sensors etc etc.
Sucks. But at least it will all be under warranty. If I get the notice (build date 1/22) so likely in it, I’m waiting for summer time when the fix, parts and weather are lined up.

kwon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Cherokee, 2021 F-150 Platinum
Occupation
Corporate Finance
6-month check-up is going to take a bit longer. I have another recall for Heated Mirror and Integrated Trailer Relay Module (21B08). Anyone else have that alert?

dantheman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 XLT powerboost
Well, I guess I will be waiting for my reflash recall for this one to show as well. Won't this catch all of the powerboosts built so far?

zdjelar

First Name
Saša
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited (AMB)
Occupation
Energy
So my production date is 2/2, shipped date was 2/17 and my vehicle is currently In Transit (dealer ETA 3/11), so really curious what status i'm currently in... Did they use the time between 2/2 and 2/17 to address this before it shipped? So many unknowns...

Last edited:

Sponsored

Daily22ssv

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 powerbost
Occupation
Tech
So my production date is 2/2 and my vehicle is currently In Transit (dealer ETA 3/11), so really curious what status i'm currently in...
Looks like we are likely in the recall.

Rickam

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021F150KingRanch71 Mach179MarkV63GalaxieXL
Occupation
Retired
6-month check-up is going to take a bit longer. I have another recall for Heated Mirror and Integrated Trailer Relay Module (21B08). Anyone else have that alert?
Yes, got a notication via Ford Pass account

Elkhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
11/20 Dearborn plant.....another recall.....WTF. This is getting old.

imgone10

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 FJ Cruiser, 15 TRD Pro 4Runner, 2021 Lariat.
Occupation
Construction / US Army 84-96
If you have ESP plan with first day rental, does that qualify you for a car while they do this ?

unixadm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum PowerBoost FX4
My truck was built 01/28/21, so I'm going to wait this one out a bit. Dealerships can replace windshields and recalibrate the driver assistance systems on other trucks before touching mine. :)
Sponsored