Sponsored
First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F-150 Platinum
What are the chances that Ford will be paying to re-tint my front windshield again?
Sponsored

Louis

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.enormis.net
Vehicles
21 F150 Crew 3.5 Lariat Sport 502a 6.5bed FX4
Occupation
Biz Owner
11/20 Dearborn plant.....another recall.....WTF. This is getting old.
Dearborn here also. :(
I think I am gonna hold off on the windshield... I will let the dealership get some practice... maybe I wont even replace it... unless i hear they fly off at highway speeds... I dunno
BTW.. Found a 2" gash near my sunroof. Not a scratch... A GASH down to the aluminum... (Dearborn issues or what?)

CnB150Lariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat, PB, Fx4, SuperCrew w/5.5 Bed
What are the chances that Ford will be paying to re-tint my front windshield again?
I’m supposed to get ceramic coat applied to windshield this weekend. Needless to say cancelling that for now.
I would think 99.9% not seeing that money again. Unless it was dealer installed possibly?

imgone10

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 FJ Cruiser, 15 TRD Pro 4Runner, 2021 Lariat.
Occupation
Construction / US Army 84-96
I would think that they will use the same windshield, just take it off and clean around it and reseal it.

Sponsored

Dan M.

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR SQ 4X4 PB
Occupation
Retired Army
I’m crossing my fingers that mine is not affected. Was supposed to be built one day after recall.

CnB150Lariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat, PB, Fx4, SuperCrew w/5.5 Bed
I would think that they will use the same windshield, just take it off and clean around it and reseal it.
Good call!
Or hopefully just add an adhesive around the edge? if they have to remove, clean, redo it, there’s a risk it will crack. Either way I’m holding off on doing anything like ceramic or tint or spending any money on it for now.

dog_tired

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Gen14 Platinum Hybrid; Tesla M3
Dearborn here also. :(
I think I am gonna hold off on the windshield... I will let the dealership get some practice... maybe I wont even replace it... unless i hear they fly off at highway speeds... I dunno
BTW.. Found a 2" gash near my sunroof. Not a scratch... A GASH down to the aluminum... (Dearborn issues or what?)
That gash could be a delivery issue when unloading from the transporter. There's a post on this from about January or December. Made me check the roof when I took delivery.

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
I wonder if Ford will replace the windshield as mine has a chip on it already. A substantial one. And the windshield is tinted lol

Sponsored

Louis

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.enormis.net
Vehicles
21 F150 Crew 3.5 Lariat Sport 502a 6.5bed FX4
Occupation
Biz Owner
We can get our rust treated and windshield replaced all at once! The perils of buying a first year model...
RIGHT!!!! HELL, I will wait a lot longer !!! We will see what else is gonna crop up !! LOL My last truck was a 2014... LAST Year for that GEN... They had all the issues figured out!!! (Except for a bad blend door in HVAC, and a magically popped rear glass) but it was good. to 97k... I will miss it.

I really wanted a 2020 Lariat... Oh well... 1st Gen 2021... here ... WEEE GOOOO !!!!

Craiger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 xlt sport 5.0
Occupation
trucker
@ recalls so far on my new truck. Ford needs to get it together or this may be my last. Back up camera too, this new truck has more issues right off the showroom floor than my last on did in its entire life.

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
Typical or frustrating problems with a new vehicle in its first year.

It’s going to take 1-2 years before the bugs have been worked out.

The then new 2015 F150 had many issues in its first year.

Tbanks10

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017F150 Lariot
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Mr Admin,
Can you tell us if its a product issue, (bad/defective adhesive, glass etc) or is it a design issue (not ENOUGH sealant etc) ???
Thank you.
Should not be a design issue since they didn’t say it affected KC builds.
Sponsored