First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 KR PowerBoost FX 4
Occupation
Retired
Hoping to not get flamed for this post haha. I am thinking about doing a tint on the front windsheild, maybe a 35% or 50% any one ever done it or had it done?

I get that this might be frowned upon from some, including but not limited to LE. However I do know some that have done it and they love it.

Just wanted to see if anyone here has had it done and their thoughts.
No problem there except you may want to wait to see if your truck is going to have the recall for new windshield sealant as they will likely mess up the tint and probably not reinstall it or reimburse you as technically it not legal for them to install windshield tint. Recall notice is supposed to start notifications on 4/6. If build date is after Feb 1st, you are likely not affected.

HawkeyeOD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150
Depending on state law, having any full tint on the windshield is illegal without a prescription. Getting a prescription without an actual condition that causes severe light sensitivity is by technicality, also illegal.
Never understood why anyone would give law enforcement an opportunity to hit them with a citation.

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
All I'm looking for is eyebrows on mine. I got used to them in Florida. My Ram I traded had them and I now know how much I liked them since I've been tooling around with no tint. Hoping for a close match on the sides, make the rear window limo and then limo eyebrows.

Sponsored

aprman

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat 3.5 ECO
50% windshield, matching side front windows to the back three.

2021 F150 Front View.jpg

F150.jpg
That is a damn fine-looking truck. I wish I could get away with that dark tint... Here in Texas, they use that as an excuse to pull you over and I don't need any help with that!

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX
I told the tint guy that I don’t want anyone to be able to see into my truck so we put 10% all around.

He asked if I wanted to do the windshield and he showed me two different cars that had 50% and 35% and although it looked really awesome, I don’t think a tinted windshield is going to feel too good driving in the night time.
can’t lie though, it looks really really good

NVRL8TE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 STX 5.0
That is a damn fine-looking truck. I wish I could get away with that dark tint... Here in Texas, they use that as an excuse to pull you over and I don't need any help with that!
Thanks!

They do here in Ohio, too.

Don be scared of a light windshield tint. Its not bad at night, at all.

cadefns

First Name
Cade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT Space White
Occupation
Firefighter
Hoping to not get flamed for this post haha. I am thinking about doing a tint on the front windsheild, maybe a 35% or 50% any one ever done it or had it done?

I get that this might be frowned upon from some, including but not limited to LE. However I do know some that have done it and they love it.

5% All Around with 35% Windshield. Had it on my previous vehicle so I’m used to it ??‍♂ Too hot in Hawaii for no tint.

Ford F-150 Windsheild Tint 05B0A99F-5B09-4668-92F9-B7CB0544943A

Ford F-150 Windsheild Tint 8D407F60-ED3F-4CCB-9585-0575EEE4BE7F

Sponsored

bcarpio

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 FX4
Occupation
Software Architect
I just bought my 2021 F150 but I live in Las Vegas and it's more or less a requirement to tint your front Windshield and limo tint the windows. The cops don't really mess with you over it unless you are already being pulled over for doing crazy things. I tinted the front windshield in my BMW and it just makes such a HUGE difference when the weather is 115 degrees.. lol.

Heavishot

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F-150
Getting ceramic tint all around today including windshield and sunroof. Can't wait to feel the difference it makes on the Texas summer sun! If you're near DFW, I"ve got a great guy who will come to your house for the install.

Heavishot

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F-150
Llumar Air80 windshield
Llumar ceramic 30% all around
Llumar ceramic 20% sun roof

These pics are with the sunroof shade open.

Ford F-150 Windsheild Tint IMG_3217

Ford F-150 Windsheild Tint IMG_3218

MacTexas744

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 King Ranch, 2018 Porsche Macan S, 34 Ford
Occupation
Retired
Congratulations for Miss State winning the College World Series. Question, Is the tint within the legal limits of Texas?
Sponsored