First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Occupation
Manufacturing
Hoping to not get flamed for this post haha. I am thinking about doing a tint on the front windsheild, maybe a 35% or 50% any one ever done it or had it done?

I get that this might be frowned upon from some, including but not limited to LE. However I do know some that have done it and they love it.

Just wanted to see if anyone here has had it done and their thoughts.
Sponsored

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
Do what you want. Pretty sure it's illegal. Me? I just do eyebrows. I don't think I could stand to look through tint that's on an angle for too long. I'd end up with a headache.

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F-150 Platinum
Hoping to not get flamed for this post haha. I am thinking about doing a tint on the front windsheild, maybe a 35% or 50% any one ever done it or had it done?

I get that this might be frowned upon from some, including but not limited to LE. However I do know some that have done it and they love it.

Just wanted to see if anyone here has had it done and their thoughts.

I did 50% Ceramic on mine and love it. Love the functionality and looks of it. Light enough where you still have great visibility at night as well. Zero issues looking through the tint on an angle as mentioned above.

Last edited:

Swegner99

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT, 2017 Expedition EL
I had 20% on a previous vehicle, lifted Excursion, it was 3% all the way around and 20% on the windshield. The only advantage was not having to wear sunglasses during the day, couldn't see a damn thing at night.

The tint along with it being lifted meant it did a lot of sitting after the sun went down.

oddlou

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Star White Platinum 4x4 Powerboost
60% on the front windows, 70% on the windshield. Still more than what's legally allowed (no tint is legal on windshields in California), technically, but you can still see through it easily, so I think most cops wouldn't really care. It's enough that it helps with the sun and heat, but it's barely noticeable at all at night.
Ford F-150 Windsheild Tint 1616011567544

Sponsored

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum Iconic Silver FX4 PowerBoost
Occupation
Contractor
Beautiful truck! My Platinum should be here in a week. I'm curious, what size tires did you go with?

Zyvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Crew, FX4, Lariat
I have 50% on every windshield in the household. I hate riding in a car that doesn’t have it, lol. And I also don’t like wearing sunglasses while driving, I feel that it restricts my peripheral vision (I still have a vehicle that requires 100% analog driving). You can get absolutely clear that still block’s alot of the heat. But I’d imagine 70% is almost clear.

oddlou

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have 50% on every windshield in the household. I hate riding in a car that doesn’t have it, lol. And I also don’t like wearing sunglasses while driving, I feel that it restricts my peripheral vision (I still have a vehicle that requires 100% analog driving). You can get absolutely clear that still block’s alot of the heat. But I’d imagine 70% is almost clear.
Yes, 70% is pretty close to clear, but it definitely helps with both glare and heat. Also, with the gradient from back (whatever stock is...35ish?), to 60% on the front, to 70% on the windshield, it looks pretty good while not being too "look at me, officer, my windows are really dark!" I had to take the tint off my car then take it to a sheriff's stations because of a fix-it ticket. Huge PIA that I'd like to avoid. :)

oddlou

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Beautiful truck! My Platinum should be here in a week. I'm curious, what size tires did you go with?
thanks! 275/65/20s. I love how they fill in the wheel well and lift the rim over standard curb height, but don't require any suspension changes.

Zyvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Crew, FX4, Lariat
thanks! 275/65/20s. I love how they fill in the wheel well and lift the rim over standard curb height, but don't require any suspension changes.
Perfect tire size IMO, that truck looks great. I’m not a chrome guy, but Ford did really good with the amount of chrome on the new models (even the chrome lariat looks much better). Makes the gmc look like a house of mirrors.

Sponsored

Platimatter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum 701
Probably would not go over 70%, don't want to give the cops an excuse if they cannot see the driver. I have the front sides at 20% which here it's supposed to be 35%. Cops don't seem to care about side windows as much as they do windshields. Also I was going to have my windshield tinted 70% and held off due to a pending windshield recall, not to mention had to have a chip filled in the first 1k miles.....ugh.

dougbillings

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum - Antimatter Blue
Occupation
Software Sales
I was going to get my windshield tinted when I got my front 2 done. The tinter told me that unless I got the sunroof and back windows done as well, it wouldn't be worth it as they don't block any UV with the factory tint so I wouldn't get as much of a benefit by just doing the windshield. I just got the front 2 done and saved a few hundred bucks.

Asphaltman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150, 2021 F150, 2018 F-150 1997 F-250H
Occupation
Entrepreneur
I’ve done 35% on my front two windows for a handful of trucks well over 10 years. It’s dark enough to look good, but light enough that it usually does not attract attention of LEO’s. The rear are usually 20 from the factory, so this blends well.

Ford F-150 Windsheild Tint 71E12CDC-56EE-4038-B145-E9B9CA7B0EC4

Ford F-150 Windsheild Tint AC60C6D8-3074-4E11-978A-D9F06E6263BA