• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Will we ever be able to order the $39k Lightning?

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX LR; Prius Prime
Rivian does not have an offer below 60k, Tesla cancelled single motor model and raised the price across the line. Seems it is reasonable that Ford should raise the price to take the advantage of $12.5k incentive. I suspect Ford would either cancel the Pro model, or won't ship Pro model any time soon. It does not make sense not to do so.

Update: As I expected, Ford wants people to spend much more to get Lariat/limited models. There would be only several hundreds Pro available. That makes sense, we can't blame Ford. They can only produce 10k-15K Lightnings, why sell at 40k when they can sell then at 75K?

$39k Pro would be just like a statement: F150 EV price starts at < $40k.
Sponsored

Last edited:

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
Speculation, wishful thinking, or do you have something to back up your hypothesis?

OP
OP
Roy2001

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX LR; Prius Prime
Speculation, wishful thinking, or do you have something to back up your hypothesis?
No, but I think it is reasonable guess. Tesla raised price that it costs even more after the proposed $7500 credit compare to their price earlier this year.

Sponsored

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Your concern is legitimate. I think Ford will have limited ability to produce (at least initially) and as long as there is Money to be made on high margin F150s, making and selling Pros to non commercial reservation holders would be shooting themselves in the foot. I don’t think they will drastically increase base price or stop you from ordering but they may get creative with the options and timing of delivery.

A lot of Lightning reservation holders are new to Ford. My last Ford was 35 years ago and I never thought I would by another one. Pro is the only reason I made a reservation and $40K is the max I pay for an F150. If that does not happen, I pay more for CT or Rivian, whichever comes first.

For any kind of Pre-Order with any company, you need a backup plan.

Sundancer330

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT, FX4, Velocity Blue
If they kill the Pro Model many fleet orders would be canceled, not likely to happen. All these what ifs over and over, when the day ever comes that ordering opens the answers will be answered, at this this time nobody knows much of anything, its all a guess.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
Dad gave me a used 67 Cougar with a 289 3-speed. It was 1976 at the time.
I have had at least one Ford product, usually trucks, ever since.
So I'm approaching 50 years of owning their products. Some were average, some were reliable as an anvil, and a few were exceptional. But all of them have been a fair value equation. I don't expect Ford to go greedy for any product that they intend to be a mainstream product. They never have that I know of.
And for those that might see me as a hopeless fanboy, I AM a Ford loyalists based on purchasing history, but I daily in a Porsche and a Miata as well. I'm not anti any "brand".

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Why would Ford even think about doing this?

Sponsored

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
I wouldn't be surprised if the price for the Pro increased. Inflation is a bitch!

Ford F-150 Lightning Will we ever be able to order the $39k Lightning? 8671E1D2-782B-4BA5-B45E-42C5817EE0FA

The Canadian AZ Iced Tea cans have gone up in price, the US cans can't be far behind.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
Inflation is real. But I don't think that's the kind of price increase that this thread was suggesting.
If Ford increased the 2023 model by say $800 or even $1500, that wouldn't be Ford doing what the OP was suggesting.
At least not in my mind. I've seen every make/model price increase year to year just like the energy drink. :)

And inflation is REAL and right before our eyes currently

Whiskey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid, 2020 Toyota Corolla Hybrid
Occupation
Retired Miner
Dad gave me a used 67 Cougar with a 289 3-speed. It was 1976 at the time.
I have had at least one Ford product, usually trucks, ever since.
My Dad towed home a wreck 66 Mustang with an in-line 6 that he purchased from a junk yard for $300 bucks he borrowed from his sister. He said then, “if ya wanna car to drive ya better start fixing it”. Course I paid my aunt back.

Nick Gerteis

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F-150, 2015 Nissan Leaf, Lightning preordered
Occupation
Letter carrier
No worries. Ford is a big enough company, has been in business long enough, and has enough riding on the Lightning that they will proceed exactly as planned and announced. We’ll place our orders soon, and some of us will take delivery next spring. Patience!

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
Inflation is real. But I don't think that's the kind of price increase that this thread was suggesting.
If Ford increased the 2023 model by say $800 or even $1500, that wouldn't be Ford doing what the OP was suggesting.
At least not in my mind. I've seen every make/model price increase year to year just like the energy drink. :)

And inflation is REAL and right before our eyes currently
I do remember in the 80s and 90s that it was not unusual to see one or more mid year price increases for cars.
Sponsored