• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Will we ever be able to order the $39k Lightning?

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
Rivian does not have an offer below 60k, Tesla cancelled single motor model and raised the price across the line. Seems it is reasonable that Ford should raise the price to take the advantage of $12.5k incentive. I suspect Ford would either cancel the Pro model, or won't ship Pro model any time soon. It does not make sense not to do so.
I think they'll still sell the $39K lightning but they'll shrink the size by 10% and expect us not to notice.

But seriously, this is a s**tpost based on wholesale speculation about Ford's business plan and the fate of the BBB bill.

From a marketing standpoint, it makes sense for Ford to be able to advertise and deliver a sub-$40K EV, especially since it's not likely that their competitors will do so in the next few years.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
I think they'll still sell the $39K lightning but they'll shrink the size by 10% and expect us not to notice.
From a marketing standpoint, it makes sense for Ford to be able to advertise and deliver a sub-$40K EV, especially since it's no likely that their competitors will do so in the next few years.
I totally agree.
And Ford has a pretty long history of making a specific truck build available, but not making them in large numbers, just so they can market legitimately their "best in class" specs.
The HDPP F150 is a classic example. They really DO make an F150 with insane Payload Capacity, but you would have to special order it and you must live with a much narrower choice of options. XLT trim is the highest available, for example.

Anyways, if I had to predict, Ford won't be taking the amazing entry level price for the Lightning off the table because it is a huge reason for the amazing press that led to the almost instantaneous promotion of Ford being THE sudden EV powerhouse that they were NOT before.

jefro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Corvette, Bolt EV,
I get the feeling that the bean counters were thinking that all sorts of commercial and government sales would go to the production. I've heard that little commercial interest yet.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No offense, but I can't place much in an internet post based on "I heard"..........

It could be 100% true, but it could be 100% speculative too.

Hertz orders 100,000 Teslas, but there's no interest in the F150? That's a tough one to swallow

jefro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Corvette, Bolt EV,
Interest as in commercial buyers like fleet buyers. Pretty sure companies can still take advantage of this proposed tax credit.
One of the news reports said Ford expects 80% interest to be converted to purchase. Not sure that is correct but who knows.
They also said their new F150 EV platform is expected to be built in the 800K range.

Last edited:

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
But you didn't address the original comment about lack of fleet interest.
And I'm not sure what "
They also said their new F150 EV platform is expected to be built in the 800K range." means?

So far the majority of what is said around here is speculation. That's OK, of course, but that's what it is.

Sponsored

Losi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chrysler Town and Country
And I'm not sure what "
They also said their new F150 EV platform is expected to be built in the 800K range." means?
I’m confused by this as well, but took it to mean they’ll be producing 800k by that time (which would be 2025, correct?). It’s likely my synapses are not firing correctly and need clarification.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I’m confused by this as well, but took it to mean they’ll be producing 800k by that time (which would be 2025, correct?). It’s likely my synapses are not firing correctly and need clarification.
I don't know what to do with such a huge prediction that is the complete opposite of the pessimistic numbers stated around here..... But I know one thing for sure is if they actually build 800,000 F150 EVs by 2025, I might get mine before my 2022 KingRanch Powerboost gets here! ???

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
I don't know what to do with such a huge prediction that is the complete opposite of the pessimistic numbers stated around here..... But I know one thing for sure is if they actually build 800,000 F150 EVs by 2025, I might get mine before my 2022 KingRanch Powerboost gets here! ???
There is no way Ford will be able to produce 800k Lightnings before the dedicated truck is coming out of Tennessee. The REV will never be able to produce that volume in 3 years.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
There is no way Ford will be able to produce 800k Lightnings before the dedicated truck is coming out of Tennessee. The REV will never be able to produce that volume in 3 years.
Yea, I was just having fun with some of the recent posts throwing out numbers.

I did read that Ford intends to expand EV production to 600,000 vehicles per year by 2023. But that is GLOBALLY and I think most Americans might be unaware of just how many vehicles Ford builds around the world. (Google will get you multiple verified accounts of this statement, unlike most of the speculation we read here on the forum about the Lightning specifically)