• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Will Wave 2 Lightning ordering start January 20th? Is that the best guess at this point?

jb56

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford F150 Lariat
The chatter surrounding wave 1 was going full blast for weeks, but I haven't seen any update on wave 2. Is the expectation that wave 2 would be about 2 weeks after wave 1? (Which would land it sometime late next week)

I really hope wave 2 will be a much bigger chunk of orders. I understand that we all need to be patient, but I feel like the earlier I get to order, the more likely I am to be able to get the combination I want without having a component shortage delay my build for a year.

I reserved within 5 minutes of the Lightning presentation starting and I'm 14th in line at my large dealer. Hopefully that doesn't launch me all the way to a 2023.
Sponsored

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
Ford stated that waves would happen approximately every 2 weeks, for 6 waves total.

So, yes 1/20 with the expected date, give or take a day.

Bill from King Ranch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
Only thing concrete I've seen is what is in the Order Bank Playbook:
"Wave Invites Sent in Approx. 2-week Increments. Timing Subject to Change."

Taking it at face value, Jan20th is the best guess, but who knows?

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I am 29th in line, so I know I don't really have a shot (larger dealer though). That said, the 20th is my Birthday - maybe Ford will be nice!

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
The chatter surrounding wave 1 was going full blast for weeks, but I haven't seen any update on wave 2. Is the expectation that wave 2 would be about 2 weeks after wave 1? (Which would land it sometime late next week)
No one except Ford knows the exact date or how many order invites will be in wave 2. The only information we have is that the waves are supposed to happen every 2 weeks but that the interval is subject to change. The dealer will be able to see the wave two reservations a few days before the order bank opens, but I think they have to be actively looking for it.

I'd recommend checking your Ford account regularly and watching the email address associated with your reservation. If people on this forum claim to have been told they're in wave 2, you can call your dealer to see whether you're one of the lucky ones. If they're unhelpful, you should be able to get the info from the Ford reservation hotline.

I have a suspicion that they will sneak the next one early, but that's not based on any inside info.

You have a low ranking for such an early timestamp. Did your dealer do the priority ranking thing? If so, you may want to shop around for another dealer that didn't do the ranking because it could move you closer to the front of the line. No one knows the implications of switching between waves or after order invites, so it could end up making things worse for you.

Sponsored
OP
OP

jb56

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford F150 Lariat
No one except Ford knows the exact date or how many order invites will be in wave 2. The only information we have is that the waves are supposed to happen every 2 weeks but that the interval is subject to change. The dealer will be able to see the wave two reservations a few days before the order bank opens, but I think they have to be actively looking for it.

I'd recommend checking your Ford account regularly and watching the email address associated with your reservation. If people on this forum claim to have been told they're in wave 2, you can call your dealer to see whether you're one of the lucky ones. If they're unhelpful, you should be able to get the info from the Ford reservation hotline.

I have a suspicion that they will sneak the next one early, but that's not based on any inside info.

You have a low ranking for such an early timestamp. Did your dealer do the priority ranking thing? If so, you may want to shop around for another dealer that didn't do the ranking because it could move you closer to the front of the line. No one knows the implications of switching between waves or after order invites, so it could end up making things worse for you.
My dealer hasn't been that responsive but they were kind of enough to tell me my place in line. At the time, was was 14/667. I asked how it was possible that 13 people beat me to the punch, and I asked if there were people who got special priority or got to order early, and he just said "we don't play any games like that. People are just really excited about this truck."

OP
OP

jb56

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford F150 Lariat
Only thing concrete I've seen is what is in the Order Bank Playbook:
"Wave Invites Sent in Approx. 2-week Increments. Timing Subject to Change."

Taking it at face value, Jan20th is the best guess, but who knows?
Honestly I'm not sure even Ford knows. But I just wondered if there were any updates anyone knew about in terms of the playbook.

I have a relatively early bronco reservation that still hasn't even been scheduled for a build yet, so I'm a little bit on the cynical side about all this stuff.

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 KR F150
I have a relatively early bronco reservation that still hasn't even been scheduled for a build yet, so I'm a little bit on the cynical side about all this stuff.
This!! everyone is hung on the order wave's, but just because you submit an order doesn't mean it's going to be scheduled earlier then say a wave5 or 6 order. It sounds like depending on parts availability some orders may sit or be much later build dates.

I would guess wave 2 is going to be a small group again since it seems the process is still be tweaked and dealers are still not up to speed.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
This!! everyone is hung on the order wave's, but just because you submit an order doesn't mean it's going to be scheduled earlier then say a wave5 or 6 order. It sounds like depending on parts availability some orders may sit or be much later build dates.
The list of factory-installed options on the F150L is much smaller than for the Bronco, so I'd guess that there would be much less variability in build order.

TheRealDlo

First Name
Dlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FORD F150
My dealer hasn't been that responsive but they were kind of enough to tell me my place in line. At the time, was was 14/667. I asked how it was possible that 13 people beat me to the punch, and I asked if there were people who got special priority or got to order early, and he just said "we don't play any games like that. People are just really excited about this truck."
I placed my order May 19th within the first 3 min and my dealer told me I was 42ND / 140... Seems impossible. They also couldn't find my order 2 weeks ago so... I feel like they messed me up

Sponsored

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
It's possible Ford doesn't even know yet and there is one or more people in charge of making the decision based on different factors. They could decide just moments before setting it in the system where the dealers can see it.

Personally, I have a feeling that they are monitoring cancellations, order conversion rate on the invitations that were sent, ordered trim/packages, order location, and possibly even other things along with dealer feedback to make a decision on how many people to invite in the next wave.

OP
OP

jb56

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford F150 Lariat
My dealer just responded to my email asking if they know about wave 2 allocations: LOL

" I have not heard if they have sent anyone invitations yet. Things are pretty much happening when they happen and we don't get definitive answers ahead of time - it just tends to happen one day...out of the blue. "

Dealership has 700+ reservations and they know absolutely nothing.

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
Man do I WISH these waves were happening once per week instead of two weeks. The waiting game is unbearable lol
They could happen at any time actually.

TheRealDlo

First Name
Dlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FORD F150

I really hope wave 2 will be a much bigger chunk of orders. I understand that we all need to be patient, but I feel like the earlier I get to order, the more likely I am to be able to get the combination I want without having a component shortage delay my build for a year.

I reserved within 5 minutes of the Lightning presentation starting and I'm 14th in line at my large dealer. Hopefully that doesn't launch me all the way to a 2023.
My small dealer got 140 total orders and they are getting 10 Lightnings in WAVE two which starts Jan 19th emails and Jan 20th ordering.
Sponsored