Sponsored

Will the bed camera stay on while driving?

Asphaltman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150, 2021 F150, 2018 F-150 1997 F-250H
Occupation
Entrepreneur
I’ve never used ForScan, but I’m guessing this would be fixed with that?
Sponsored

Katoum

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 GMC 3500 Denali DW, 2017 Subaru Forester XT
Ford representative at a couple of test drive events advised the cameras will only stay on under 5MPH. They are programmed to shut off at speed higher than that.
I saw a video where a camera was used to check livestock in trailer while driving, this made perfect sense to me, but obviously not to Ford. Not sure what scanning tools and dealer programming tools are available, so if anyone knows if these features can be programmed on please let me know, thanks.

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
I saw a video where a camera was used to check livestock in trailer while driving, this made perfect sense to me, but obviously not to Ford. Not sure what scanning tools and dealer programming tools are available, so if anyone knows if these features can be programmed on please let me know, thanks.
I agree the bed camera would be nice to have on occasionally while driving.

billybob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A, 2012 Focus SEL
Occupation
EE
I just tried to do this last night when hauling and realized I can't use the bed camera while driving. This is an obvious miss and hopefully something that can be fixed OTA in the future. I don't even understand what the camera is for if you can only use it when parked.

newdeal99

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 on order
Hopefully they can fix with a software update to allow the bed camera to be turned on. That is really the only time it would be useful

Sponsored

apMechorse

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A 5.0L FX4 & '15 Audi A5 T2
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Technician
Hopefully they can fix with a software update to allow the bed camera to be turned on. That is really the only time it would be useful
Hopefully. This would be the ideal solution, however it would require whichever lawyer who originally decided that it was too dangerous to use it while driving to change their mind and allow more user freedom over an individual's own possessions. So that's unlikely.

I also am hopeful for this option, however it will require someone smarter than me to try to decipher this, as I have never used FORScan before either.

https://www.4dtech.com/canopener-motion-unlock-360-camera-unlock/

This is my last hope if FORScan fails to save us all from the lawyers. Hopefully they will be putting out a 2021 F-150 version of this soon. Since I assume it will likely cost around the same as this version, this is clearly a last option. Not to mention that it is fundamentally ridiculous that we would need to pay an additional $300 - $400 dollars to unlock a system that is already installed in our own trucks, and is perfectly legal to use.

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
There is no legal reason to restrict camera views while driving. Tesla allows having the rear camera view on at any speed.

abd79

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Friend of mine has a 2021 F-350 and can turn on the bed camera at any speed. Must be a way to accomplish this.

PeteRit

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Lariat PB
Occupation
Retired
Could it be like the GPS? It won't let you type if you're driving by yourself, it will say keyboard locked while driving. BUT if an actual person is in the passenger seat it just asks if your the passenger let's you type away. So I wonder if the bed camera is the same way. I really wish I got it!

ColoradoHunter

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired
When I picked up my F150 last month, the dealer told me that the bed camera would be changed to allow viewing at any speed in an upcoming update.

Sponsored

AutonomousHybridF150

First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Adjuster
Meanwhile, every single Tesla and upcoming electric sports car integrates every single vehicle control deeply embedded in menu upon menu.

Let me adjust the air vents. Wait how do I do that?

I need to adjust the seat up so I can see over the steering wheel? Well now how do I do that?, with no buttons on doors, and with no buttons on center console or dash.

Every other manufacturer is making it increasingly difficult and dangerous to change user preferences while driving, but Ford just says “we know our customer, and our customer’s sue”, so you can’t do anything functional while driving.

look but don’t touch they say!

Bottom line.

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
It's been one of the most requested things in the FORScan thread, but last I checked nobody had figured it out yet.

Whoosh

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' PB F150,18&20 Ecoboost Explorer Platinum,
Occupation
Worker of lead
I just drove a Silverado 1500 with trailer tow and 360 cameras and the side mirror cameras can both be working while driving forward at highway speed as well as trailer camera giving you a total view from behind with just a glance at the display, also when signal is activated side chosen goes to full display showing all blind spots and obstacles, worked great for navigating narrow city streets and curbs
I would really like to get a F150 Powerboost but it seems that no one has been able to be definitive as to camera functions with 502A package and 360 Camera while towing.
The silverado camera only works for six seconds when you're above parking lot speeds and if you activate it too often in succession it disables itself (times out)

kly

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 Powerboost
Occupation
retired
Cameras on my 21 powerboost are disappointing, was hoping they were like Chevy with exterior mirror cameras working and inside rear view camera option which is really nice. I have been diehard ford for 51 years, I really hate to say it but this could put me over the edge. Ford cameras are useless.

Green_Bean

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired musician
Cameras on my 21 powerboost are disappointing, was hoping they were like Chevy with exterior mirror cameras working and inside rear view camera option which is really nice. I have been diehard ford for 51 years, I really hate to say it but this could put me over the edge. Ford cameras are useless.
I've had my Lariat 501A a little over two months now. This past weekend I was on a job and saw a good friend who had just bought a new Silverado High Country. He loves his truck. He rode in mine this weekend and was commenting on how nice it was. I told him I wanted to see his new truck. I opened the door and actually lied to him when I said "man this is a beautiful truck". It looked very cheap in my opinion. Doesn't even come close to the interior (or exterior) to the Fords. It did have leather, but the dash was cheap and blah looking. It looked like a 7 or 8 inch infotainment screen.
I think he was honestly a little jealous after seeing how nice my interior was.
Sponsored