Sponsored

Will I regret going with XL?

Ryan74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT Carbonized Gray 4x4
Initially I thought I would try to keep my truck on the cheaper side and go with XL trim but I looked at what I’m giving up and started wondering if it’s too much of a downgrade. So now I’m thinking XLT. Truck would be a daily commuter and also used for camping and road trips.

I’m coming from a Subaru Crosstrek Limited which has:
leather/heated seats
Power Adjustable seats
Leather wrapped steering wheel
Led head/taillights
Steering responsive headlights
Keyless lock/unlock
Sunroof
Adaptive cruise control/ lane keep assist
Sponsored

mbouck3

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Honda clarity, 2005titan 2022f150 powerboost
Occupation
just retired
I'm waiting on a Xl powerboost 101a with power group, chrome package, center counsel, lane centering , cruise control, rear camera, work surface, carpet, 157 inch wheel base all the towing stuff and have a set of new take of lariat seats with a lariat steering wheel along with 7.4 KW pro power, Electronic rear locker. You can buy a lot of kit with the 10,000 dollar difference from the xlt high. I am at about 47.5$ Oh yea also over 1800 at least in cargo capacity

flatag

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT FX4
Sounds like you’re already regretting your decision to go XL. An optioned up XL is a nice truck. I just went from an XL to an XLT and gotta admit the XLT is a nice comfy ride. Decisions decisions

SuperClyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ram 1500 TRX Sandblast Edition
My advice is get what you want and don’t settle for nothing less unless you absolutely have to. I did that with the 21 that I had and I won’t do it again. You’ll regret it every time you get in the truck.

sbreech

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 STX, Lead Foot Grey
Occupation
Systems Administrator
Initially I thought I would try to keep my truck on the cheaper side and go with XL trim but I looked at what I’m giving up and started wondering if it’s too much of a downgrade. So now I’m thinking XLT. Truck would be a daily commuter and also used for camping and road trips.

leather/heated seats
Power Adjustable seats
Led head/taillights
Keyless lock/unlock
Sunroof
I wondered the same thing when I got my XL (Well, STX). Things I love about the XL are the rubber floors - NO carpet! Great for camping. Second thing is the column gear shift. This makes the center seat in the front PERFECT for our dog. Third thing was saving $10K-12K over the XLT.

All that said, I wanted leather seats. I had Katzkin install heated / cooled leather seats for $1499. I also wanted a leather wrapped steering wheel. $50, and I installed it. I spent $140 on LED bulbs for my headlights and taillights. As far as power seats, well, I NEVER adjust my seats once set, and my wife doesn't drive my truck. Lane keep assist is included. I have cruise control, but not adaptive, and sunroof? I've never been a sunroof person. Keyless entry? I use the FOB. Remote Start? Ford Pass app.

So, for the most part, I saved a LOT of money and got exactly what I wanted. for a savings of AT LEAST $8000.

Sponsored

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
I ordered an XL as well. Being a RCSB, I only had XL and XLT to chose from. I did NOT want Co-Pilot, so went with XL. Do not want or need a back seat.

Ordered everything I wanted. Did not pay for anything I did not want and will not use. Of course I would have looked at Tremor or Raptor trims if Ford would get their heads out of their asses.

RCSB 4x4.
5.0 w/3.73 rear locker (better 9.75 rear)
LT265/70/17 AT - to guarantee no Pirelli tires
101A
chrome appearance
Snow Plow prep - NO auto air damn
Tow w/brake control
Fx4
Sync4 w/enhanced voice
running boards

I can add anything else I want/need. Plus I saved around 5k off XLT. with x-plan, PCO, and ford discounts, I am at 39k before trade. that 5K will buy lots of stuff If I want.

Dave541

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lariat Powerboost
Occupation
Driver
I say get what you want. I personally have never said “their is to many bells and whiles in here. I never should have bought this” Lol. I leased a 2020 XLT 302A with BAP. Great truck. But knew after a year I wanted more. I wanted a Lariat. I was drooling over the 12” center stack, 12” digital gauge cluster, ventilated seats, etc. etc. personally I’m a bells and whistles guy. I love features and tech. If you can afford the XLT I say get it. I’m sure you work hard for your money like I do. Treat yourself. It’s your truck. Good luck!

Wvmtneer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150

leather/heated seats
Power Adjustable seats
Led head/taillights
Keyless lock/unlock
Sunroof
I had this dilemma a couple months ago. My previous truck was a 2015 302a xlt and i ordered a 501a lariat(x plan using MCA membership for $35). When gas prices skyrocketed, i thought about an STX and the $10,000 savings. I test drove an stx with 2.7. It drove nice, but i couldn’t handle the basic interior. I have been spoiled with heated and power seats, which is not available on the xl.

I then looked at 302a xlts which were somehow more expensive than my 501a lariat powerboost (with price protection). I finally decided to buy the lariat and am very satisfied with my purchase.

nitewolfgtr

First Name
Jin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'16 GMC Canyon Duramax
Yes, because you're asking the question. lol.
Never buy what you need/want now.. but buy what you "think" you'll need or want in 5-10 years even if it ends up costing you a bit more. I think you'll save $$$ in the long run if you end up regretting it.. and having to upgrade to a new truck.
But then again, I'm someone that likes to keep vehicles around for awhile.. if you cycle thru new cars every few years.. I don't think it really matters.

PBXL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL Powerboost
My XL was supposed to be temporary until I got my Lariat built. I ended up loving it so much I turned down the Lariat. I just couldn't justify the price difference. You also need to factor in the cost of any mods you want to do afterwards as well. It could push the higher trims out of your budget.

Sponsored

tony72cutlass's'

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1972 Cutlass, '21 F-150 XLT SCAB
I was deciding between the mid level XLT and high level XLT and went with the mid. I was on a strict budget and wanted to make sure I could get the V8 with 4x4 and 3.73 rear end.

I bought some amazing heated seat covers at Costco (19$ for a set of 2) and they work perfect. They are kind of like a wetsuit fabric. Good enough for my cheap ass!

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Regardless of what you decide, in my opinion the Gen14 XL is a much nicer truck than XL trim level ever has been in the past.

Of course it's not quite the bargain it was in the past, but neither is the XLT 302A.

tony72cutlass's'

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1972 Cutlass, '21 F-150 XLT SCAB
Regardless of what you decide, in my opinion the Gen14 XL is a much nicer truck than XL trim level ever has been in the past.

Of course it's not quite the bargain it was in the past, but neither is the XLT 302A.
For fun i just built and priced a new 301A just like i've got, apparently it isint either lol

Provided these are beaver bucks (0.75-0.8 USD ish)

Ford F-150 Will I regret going with XL? 1659461161082

MTNMN

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat (2022 F-150 King Ranch On Order)
Personally I dont think I could go below 502A.

The LED projectors are almost must have for me.

The B&O audio and heated steering wheel are also huge for me.

That said if you dont need it or even want it why spend.

Im just firmly in the if you want it get it camp.
Sponsored