First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XL Powerboost
Occupation
Film and television crew
I went with an XL PB FX4 7.2kw - obviously not a cheap vehicle, but was the only way I could get a front bench, important for me to maximize passenger space. Every other trim forced a center console. I’m not really into the luxury trimmings but the XL seems like a very nice ride. My only envy though is the lack of LED lights and stuck with the plain halogen ones, looking at ways to upgrade on my own.
Sponsored

Bobbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Sport, SC, Iconic Silver, 2.7
Occupation
Retired
Go with the Lariat trim level. You won’t regret it, especially after what you’ve been used to. It’s worth the extra money.

PBXL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL Powerboost
I went with an XL PB FX4 7.2kw - obviously not a cheap vehicle, but was the only way I could get a front bench, important for me to maximize passenger space. Every other trim forced a center console. I’m not really into the luxury trimmings but the XL seems like a very nice ride. My only envy though is the lack of LED lights and stuck with the plain halogen ones, looking at ways to upgrade on my own.
My custom order was a 2022 Lariat Powerboost with front bench. Did they remove the option for 2023? The truck was built and I saw it in person.

tsvisser

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XL Powerboost
Occupation
Film and television crew
My custom order was a 2022 Lariat Powerboost with front bench. Did they remove the option for 2023? The truck was built and I saw it in person.
I tried the build and looks good. But then I have an aversion to chrome and as soon as I tried to go with the black option, it forced a bunch of upgrades - would work for most people I guess. I actually love the base XL grill too, for me it’s the best looking. Maybe will just have to get over my LED envy and just embrace the utilitarian lights.

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired
I have a MY22 XLT 302A PB and it has the bench seat.

Ford F-150 Will I regret going with XL? 01a IMG_20220215_132558181_HDR

Sponsored

Docden

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT PB hybrid. 2018 Ford Flex
Occupation
Professor at University of Houston
According to build sheets you can get Powerboost in XL with high trim.

Vin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
Go with the Lariat trim level. You won’t regret it, especially after what you’ve been used to. It’s worth the extra money.
Lariat is the best bang for the buck by far amongst all the trims.

Unfortunately, Ford doesn’t offer it for regular cabs or extended cabs.

For 2023, HDPP is an XL only option.

Ford’s really starting to pigeonhole the options more and more. Rather than increasing the selection of truck configurations and options; there’s far less choices than customers were given in 2021.

Reactions: 780

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302a crew - 6'5" Sport, Max Tow, FX4
Lariat is the best bang for the buck by far amongst all the trims.

Unfortunately, Ford doesn’t offer it for regular cabs or extended cabs.

For 2023, HDPP is an XL only option.

Ford’s really starting to pigeonhole the options more and more. Rather than increasing the selection of truck configurations and options; there’s far less choices than customers were given in 2021.
Yep. I don't think it was that long ago you could still get a Lariat super crew 6.5 bed with HDPP.

Sponsored

bosro

First Name
rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150
Literally everything above a base truck is creature comforts and wants....
Ive gone from loaded leather trucks to xlt 302a.
If I coulda got heated seats in an XL I woulda gone that route.
While I really like the 12" screen its not a deal breaker.
I honestly think I like cloth seats more than leather for our weather up here.
Would love a heated steering wheel too but the 8k price jump to get it I couldnt justify.
Long term ownership I wonder if an XL is a better option as there is simply alot less to go wrong.....and theres alot to go wrong with all the electrical shit these days.
I dont think I'm ever going to go above the hi XLT trim again ever....and if Ford ever offers packages for lower trims like other brands(cold weather package say with heated seat and steering wheel) I would no doubt drop down to an even lower trim.

tony72cutlass's'

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1972 Cutlass, '21 F-150 XLT SCAB
Funny thing about a truck is the awesome utility. You can always add heated or cooled seats, steering wheel and etc. later on if you want to.

If you plan on keeping the truck long term don’t skimp on engine or driveline or bed size that suits your needs. Likely you will never drop the motor, change the diff or add 4x4 after the fact.

tony72cutlass's'

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1972 Cutlass, '21 F-150 XLT SCAB
The only option I might miss on my ‘23 XL is heated seats. And I can get seat heaters for $60 a pair to add them.
would you add the OEM pad or a different kind?

I added these ones from Costco that were 20 bucks and plug into the cigarette lighter, they’re decent!

Farmerj

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 2020 (2023)
would you add the OEM pad or a different kind?

I added these ones from Costco that were 20 bucks and plug into the cigarette lighter, they’re decent!
Not sure yet. Dealer says they can install then for a fraction of factory so…

I’ll address it when it’s time. As it is, I just swapped seats in my semi and took the heated seat out. So is it really a must have even?
Sponsored