Sponsored

Why no Black Appearance Package available with 6.5 ft bed?

Eldon

First Name
Eldon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011and 2022 Camry 2023 Ford F150 Platinum Ordered
Occupation
Retired Navy
I placed my order for a 2023 Ford F150 Platinum with the 6.5 Ft bed August 1. 2022. I don't understand the Ford thinking that wouldn't allow the Black Appearance Package to be added if I had the 6.5Ft bed. I was already a little disappointed in the fact that I couldn't get the Max Recline seats, or active park assist, but figured if those chips aren't available, then if I had those options, and something didn't work, I'd be out anyway. But not being able to add the BAP, just can't figure out the reason. Oh well, I'm still pretty excited and anxious about getting closer to the actual production date sometime in October. Chip at Granger Motor has been a great help. He has shown patients with me, as I have made several changes from bed size, color and engine since the order went in. Any how, if anyone knows the reason behind the BAP, just let me know. Thanks
Sponsored

LloydChristmas

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
High Speed Aluminum Tubing
I share your disappointment. I’m decking out a Lariat and at this point, it might be cheaper to get the platinum. Chip helped me change from Sport appearance to the default chrome. I can’t stand the two tone maroon interior. I don’t like chrome either, but it’s easier to get it wrapped than change the interior. Chip has been very patient.

OP
OP
Eldon

Eldon

First Name
Eldon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Navy
Thanks Lloyd, I had a hard time deciding what I really wanted. I loved the looks of the BAP with the twin exhaust coming out the back, the black wheels, mirrors, all of it. But I also like the idea of a longer bed, which I've always had trucks with 8FT until my last Chevy with a 6.5. Anyhow, this is my first SuperCrew, I'm single and don't need all the space, but I want it, figure I can always add the black wheels later if I chose. I'm sure we will both enjoy our 2023, even if we can't custom order with everything, it gives a chance for upgrade in a year or two. LOL Enjoy your truck.

crazywayne311

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 SCrew 157" Agate Black Lariat 502A
Occupation
CTMO
ive been barking up that tree for some time. nothing the BAP offers has anything to do with bed length. its cosmetics. different fender badges, front and rear badges, grill, hood, headlights and taillights, and wheels.
I think its utter crap its not offered for 6.5

Now, at the end of the day, all that stuff is addable to the truck though stuff like headlights and taillights are going to be expensive.
it is what it is. add a few things here and there and eventually i'll be fine.

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 157wb
It's probably just me, but I honestly don't like the BAP hood. It's bulbous shape just seems out of place with the style of the rest of the truck to me. The 6.5 (now actually 6'7" I'm told) was a must for me so BAP and Tremor were never considered. My only gripe with Ford is that a few things that make a Platinum attractive are forced deletes...and of course the 6-8 month delivery times...and the price increases. I'm happy with my Lariat Sport with the minor exception of the XL grilles they seem to think look sporty.

Is the BAP one plant only and 157 WB the other plant only maybe?

Sponsored

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
It's probably just me, but I honestly don't like the BAP hood. It's bulbous shape just seems out of place with the style of the rest of the truck to me.
It's not just you I do not really like it either. I'm not a big fan of unfunctional decoration like fake hood vents. Unfunctional decoration in itself is fine, I just do not care much when they try to make it look like it actually does something but does not.

For me I had to get that BAP with the Lariat to get rid of the brown in the interior. I was hoping that in 2022 they would switch to a more dark grayish, neutral color but they stuck with the brown for the sport package. So, it's the BAP for me. I do like the 20" wheels though so that is nice.

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 157wb
It's not just you I do not really like it either. I'm not a big fan of unfunctional decoration like fake hood vents. Unfunctional decoration in itself is fine, I just do not care much when they try to make it look like it actually does something but does not.

For me I had to get that BAP with the Lariat to get rid of the brown in the interior. I was hoping that in 2022 they would switch to a more dark grayish, neutral color but they stuck with the brown for the sport package. So, it's the BAP for me. I do like the 20" wheels though so that is nice.
Thank for not calling it red. I actually like it with my Iconic Silver but wouldn't want it with certain other paint colors. I've had all black truck interiors since 2012 and my car (since 2017)...also black interior. I needed a change.

crazywayne311

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 SCrew 157" Agate Black Lariat 502A
Occupation
CTMO
It's probably just me, but I honestly don't like the BAP hood. It's bulbous shape just seems out of place with the style of the rest of the truck to me. The 6.5 (now actually 6'7" I'm told) was a must for me so BAP and Tremor were never considered. My only gripe with Ford is that a few things that make a Platinum attractive are forced deletes...and of course the 6-8 month delivery times...and the price increases. I'm happy with my Lariat Sport with the minor exception of the XL grilles they seem to think look sporty.
I wouldnt say i hate the hood but non functional vents are a bit lame.
sadly, even though i was dead set of the 6.5' bed, i did entertain a tremor or a platinum rapid red with BAP but decided at the end, the bed was more important (obviously) and i can add the stuff i like from the BAP if i really want to.
I too was dead set on a platinum but got tired of searching day in and out for a 6.5' that had the multi contour seats. bc of those deletes i actually ended up with a highly optioned Lariat sport pkg that was local. basically every option a platinum has.
i do like the STX painted grill though.

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
The STX grill is the best one they offer IMO.

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
It probably has to do with them not making two versions of the dual exhaust, with the 6.5' bed being the vastly less produced version. One less part to manage and have too much of.

Sponsored

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
It probably has to do with them not making two versions of the dual exhaust, with the 6.5' bed being the vastly less produced version. One less part to manage and have too much of.
There is already only 1 engine that you can get the dual exhaust on with the BAP (3.5L Ecoboost?). All others get the side exit single exhaust. I don't think it has to do with the exhaust.

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
There is already only 1 engine that you can get the dual exhaust on with the BAP (3.5L Ecoboost?). All others get the side exit single exhaust. I don't think it has to do with the exhaust.
It would still make sense, as you would have a matrix of engines and bed sizes for the package.

It's not like they're price banding, as a 157 is more expensive than a 145.

OP
OP
Eldon

Eldon

First Name
Eldon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Navy
I don't care for the hood with the BAP either, that actually helped me decide the choice to go with the 6.5Ft bed. I have measured and remeasured my garage, and there's plenty of space for the SC with the long bed. IMO the hood would have been a pain in the rear when it comes to detailing to keep it looking new.

OP
OP
Eldon

Eldon

First Name
Eldon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Navy
On a side note, I too looked around at some local dealers. What I found was a 2022 Platinum, all options (almost) but had the 5.5 Ft bed, non BAP. I loved the seats, retractable plus massage, the full blue cruise, 360, all of it. What kept me from that was the dealer asking $5000 more than the MSRP. MSRP was $74,554, they wanted $79,554. I tried to get it for MSRP, which is more than I have ever paid for a vehicle, they wouldn't do it, but came down to $2000 over MSRP. Thank the Lord and the internet because I was able to order a 2023, with most options, the longer bed and saved around $11,000 with taxes and fees. Granted, I have to travel a couple hundered miles, but who wouldn't for 11K. What has happened to American Pride? Dang greedy *******

Kidder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat 3.5EB SCREW 157"
I would have ordered a BAP over the SAP if they he 6.5' bed
On a side note, I too looked around at some local dealers. What I found was a 2022 Platinum, all options (almost) but had the 5.5 Ft bed, non BAP. I loved the seats, retractable plus massage, the full blue cruise, 360, all of it. What kept me from that was the dealer asking $5000 more than the MSRP. MSRP was $74,554, they wanted $79,554. I tried to get it for MSRP, which is more than I have ever paid for a vehicle, they wouldn't do it, but came down to $2000 over MSRP. Thank the Lord and the internet because I was able to order a 2023, with most options, the longer bed and saved around $11,000 with taxes and fees. Granted, I have to travel a couple hundered miles, but who wouldn't for 11K. What has happened to American Pride? Dang greedy *******
Guess you're headed to Granger? :cool:
Sponsored