Sponsored

Why is Ford cutting the OEM wheel well liners.

thebigdu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Sport PowerBoost

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Ordered liners May 10, finally arrived at dealer today so I'll pick them up tomorrow on June 16th. Any other online purchase I'd be upset with 5 week shipping. I'll see if they have the cut out in them. I don't really care I ordered the Ford liners because they cover less. Keep it simple and shouldn't block anything when I'm doing winter coating of fluid film.

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Ford F-150 Why is Ford cutting the OEM wheel well liners. PXL_20230616_211739268

Picked up at dealer. If they are going to trim them they could at least clean up the edges.

OP
OP
sempifi99

sempifi99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL Powerboost FX4
Occupation
IT
So I can't find the post for who was asking what the big deal is but this is why I'm concerned about these being cut.
Ford F-150 Why is Ford cutting the OEM wheel well liners. IMG_2151

The picture is from the under side of the wheel well and circled in red is the seam that should be protected by the cut off portion.

Now that area gets directly sprayed with water and salt while the rest of the wheel well is protected... Does that make sense to anyone why Ford is doing that?

Sponsored

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Cut liners now cost more.
They raised the price on Ford accessories website.

Gerstein1989

First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Tremor
Occupation
Plumber
PXL_20230616_211739268.jpg

Picked up at dealer. If they are going to trim them they could at least clean up the edges.
I think ford revised them now because I bought mine recently and they are notched in the same spot yours were cut. Mine look like they were made that way.

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
I finally got around to installing the Ford liners on my truck last week. I'm happy with the look overall. I do need to take razor blade to clean up some of the edges but it's not a big priority.

I don't think the cut area is leaving that seam uncovered as bad as it looks above but maybe I'm at the wrong angle looking at it.

Calson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
The liners would be worthwhile if they salt the roads where you live. The downside if you do wash down the underside of the truck in the winter is that you may not be able to get to parts of the frame covered by the liners.

Accountants (bean counters) will force dumb decisions by multiplying 1 million F-150 trucks against the $20 cost of the two rear wheel liners and result in owners having to spend $100 to get them later. That is one thing I like about Toyota as they make far fewer of these compromises with their trucks.

Sponsored

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
The liners would be worthwhile if they salt the roads where you live. The downside if you do wash down the underside of the truck in the winter is that you may not be able to get to parts of the frame covered by the liners.

Accountants (bean counters) will force dumb decisions by multiplying 1 million F-150 trucks against the $20 cost of the two rear wheel liners and result in owners having to spend $100 to get them later. That is one thing I like about Toyota as they make far fewer of these compromises with their trucks.
Ford liners leave the steel frame exposed but do cover the aluminum cross piece under truck bed. It's one of the reasons I liked these over aftermarket because I don't want the steel frame covered. The aluminum is less of a concern it's been heavily sprayed inside there with fluid film and with both ends covered no issues expected.

CoolCoyote

First Name
Jefferson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Fusion

Those liners probably cost Ford less than $1.00 each - they are cheap molded plastic.

But your point still stands.
Sponsored