Sponsored

Why is buying a Ford so frustrating?

Kangio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 PB Platinum RR BAP in production 4/5/23
So my 150 PB Plat 701 BAP was “built on 4/11. It’s been stuck in this limbo ever since. Spoke with Ford Chat, Ford marketing, and dealership. None of them can offer anything more than “the truck is built and ready to ship, just awaiting confirmation with carrier”.

3 weeks?? It just needs to go from Dearborn to Philly!

Window sticker disappeared as soon as it went into “built” status.

Ironically, I just received notice that the 150 Lightening Lariet that I order last year, was built on Friday, and today they notified me its ALREADY “on its way” and will arrive at dealership in 2 week. But I canceled that order back in December (dealer kept the build so they could sell).

I really wish Ford had someone who could actually tell me what is going on. I am about to give up and move on from Ford.
Sponsored

JExpedition07

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 STX 5.0L V8
My coworkers Lariat PowerBoost was lost for 3 months and ended up being found on a rail car with several other lost trucks that was pulled off the main tracks. It was recorded as delivered to the dealer and the dealer never received it. Sometimes weird things happen with logistics.

OP
OP
Kangio

Kangio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have a sinking feeling this truck is a lost cause…I think for the sake of sanity I’ll pretend I never ordering one😢

Blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT
Once it leaves the factory delivery is out of Fords control. Blame the teamsters as they are short staffed, not enough drivers and the union wont allow outsiders to move them.

OP
OP
Kangio

Kangio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I don’t even think it’s left the factory…but then again no one can tell you what is really going on.

J17GT

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat 502a
It’s just how it goes…there is no rhyme or reason to when trucks get shipped. My truck was built on 11/23/22 and didn’t ship until 1/11/23.

I would not lose hope, it will ship. Then just cross your fingers is makes the journey quickly and doesn’t get lost or damaged along the way!

Crazy how you can track a cheap Amazon package down to the number of stops from your house, but with an expensive truck, it’s anyone’s guess!
Sponsored