First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
As soon as the new chip plant is built and operational in Arizona, the car prices should start to go lower.
So 2024 before it's built, everything commissioned, and validation testing on equipment and processes are completed?
Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Wrangler Rubicon and 2018 Mini Cooper S Count
Occupation
overpaid computer nerd.
I'm not surprised you did well with your Lariat. I sold my 2019 Raptor last May and MADE money. I bought it for $61K (MSRP was just under $70K) and sold it for $65K after putting 22K miles on it. I have a mini as a grocery getter and a Wrangler for my off road excursions. So I'm set until I finally get a new truck.

Captain

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 5.0
Vroom offered me $38k for my 3 year old Tacoma that I bought for $38.5.
Problem is in WA you have to trade in/buy from the same dealer or you lose any tax credit and end up paying full sales tax on the new vehicle.
I just used the Vroom offer to leverage my deal. The dealer gave me less than Vroom but with the tax credit I still came out ahead of what I would have on cashing out @ $38k and paying full tax.

SumGuy

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 (perpetually on order)
Occupation
Drugs
People really voluntarily paying taxes on auto capital gains lololol
The new Dem rules will require you to pay as your bank account info will be sent to the IRS for audit regardless if you’re under audit or not.

And yes, you owe taxes on short term gains.
Sponsored