OP
BOB L

BOB L

First Name
Bob
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Mustang GT, 2015 Wrangler
I've also been keeping an eye on Lordstown. What's everyone's take on them?

The big hurdle for startup companies like Rivian, Atlis, Lordstown, etc. is the lack of a dealer network for servicing/repairs. That's one mega built in advantage the electric F-150 will have going for it over all those other EV pickups.
I was really looking forward to Lordstown’s Endurance truck reveal at the Detroit auto show in June but of course that’s been cancelled. Last I read they’re planning on an online reveal in the summer. They’ve said they are benchmarking it against the F-150 and want to be “as good or better in all areas” than the F-150. Lofty goals for sure.

GABAR

First Name
P
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
I’d be interested but only after the 4th or 5th year of production and only if it had a range of 350-400 miles on a single charge.

I don’t do any towing, heavy hauling, nor do I go off road so an IRS would also be a must.

Since Ford invested heavily in Rivian, I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re sold within some but not all Ford dealership.

Galpin in California comes to mind.

TXhauler

Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Explorer
Altho Rivian and Ford are sharing some engineering/development costs, at the end of the day Rivian is a competitor and if the R1S and R1T are wildly successful it will threaten Ford's bread and butter which are all moving in the direction of all electric. I don't see it happening anytime soon with F-150's dominance but still can't see Ford directly selling Rivian vehicles in its dealerships unless they actually acquired the company.

hellome

Reaction score
Vehicles
150 2018, forester 2009
Not as of the moment. If this would be their first electric for F-150 then will wait for another 3 years for the other model.

maduck

Reaction score
Not as of the moment. If this would be their first electric for F-150 then will wait for another 3 years for the other model.
What other model are you referring to? You mean you expect Ford to electrify other trims in the lineup? Not sure about that...