First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
I've had a full bedrug in a box since before I got my truck and still haven't had a chance to install it after 2+ months of ownership. I'm very OCD about fit and finish, so the install process seems daunting, including nice cutouts around all of the in-bed accessories. I'm still thinking about just selling the full rug and going your route instead. Have you seen a full bedrug in person? How do you think it compares to just the bed mat?
I haven't not seen a full one in person. Like you I was worried about getting it right, bit also for me why cover up all the line-x?

If it all tucked behind something I think I would like it more but I think around things like the bed lights (if you have them) you just cut around the and use Velcro to keep it tight around them. I didn't like that. Also I wasn't planning on doing the tailgate either at least for now till I see how much I'll use the work surface.

I have seen videos of them installed and I think the full bed looks good, but I didn't see the need for me to have that much coverage.
Sponsored

PFD664

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Crew 502a Lariat 4x4 Powerboost
Occupation
Firefighter/Paramedic
In my previous trucks I have had either the drop-in plastic or the spray liner and all have performed well, this time I went with the Bedrug thru Ford Accessories and now wish I had done this years sooner. it is so much better, If I'm going to haul mulch or dirt I just lay down a tarp to cover it up and if any dirt or mulch spills it is easily vacuumed up and looks brand new again.
Ford F-150 Who makes the best Bedliner for our Trucks!? Poll time 20220705_130405
Ford F-150 Who makes the best Bedliner for our Trucks!? Poll time 20220705_130230

Last edited:

kb2755

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT 302A Sport
Over the years I have owned 2 DeeZee bed liners and just purchased a Husky to try. I am a hunter and need a bed liner that keeps stuff from sliding around in transit and also “ washes out” easy with a hose . Both brands fit well in my short beds and wash out easily. The DeeZee is much thicker and weighs more. It appears to be made out of recycled material While the Husky is much thinner and appears to be made out of a more virgin rubber . The main difference between the two brands is that in the summer when it gets hot out, the Husky liner gets very soft and will “ lay down” in between the bed groves in spots. If you walk on it, you can really feel it doing that. The DeeZee keeps it’s flat shape in any temperature. I decided to go back to the DeeZee liner when my 2022 Lariat comes in. My new truck will have the factory spray in liner . With the DeeZee bed mat , my new truck should be able to take a ton of abuse over the years and still look great. Price wise, the DeeZee was around $100 vs around $125 for the Husky. (Both with free shipping) I will be topping my new truck off with the BAKFLIP MX4 hard roll up cover. The Ford Factory soft roll up covers that I have owned over the years all start to have issues after 3 years or so. I am hoping the MX4 will hold up better over time. The reviews have been great and the fit and finish looks awesome .
+1 for the Line-X spray-in/Dee Zee rubber bed mat combo :)

Spray keeps everything protected, especially the sides and tailgate, and the rubber bed mat keeps things from moving around. Easy to sweep/wash out if necessary and although heavy, the rubber mat can be removed relatively easily prior to hauling any dirtier cargo.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Hey! This thread just reminded me, and I'm curious if my truck is normal or not normal... Also curious how the non-OEM spray liner does the tailgate.

When I got the truck and inspected it at the dealer, the only real issue I had was in the tailgate spray in liner. It didn't seem to cover all the original paint area, just maybe 1/2" outside the work surface plastic. I will have to show a picture to explain what I mean. The result is that you can feel a sharp "edge" to the spray liner that I didn't like but the dealer said that is how they are all being done and arriving that way. There wasn't another one on the lot at the time I could compare to (they kept selling like hotcakes).

Well NOW it has cracked and is likely going to get worse. We had a heavy IKEA box on there and as I was sliding it out, it bent the spray liner backward as it caught on the exposed edge and now has split the liner right at the boundary of the plastic work surface insert. I am going to complain next time I bring it in but wanted to have some notes and comparison data from other members here.

I will get some pics, hoping others can show the tailgate application from OEM or Linex to see how it is done. (I think Linex likely does superior masking and filling all the way with tailgate open but would like to see)

EDIT: Adding pics

Ford F-150 Who makes the best Bedliner for our Trucks!? Poll time 1657041452341

Ford F-150 Who makes the best Bedliner for our Trucks!? Poll time 1657041480666

Last edited:

kb2755

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT 302A Sport
Hey! This thread just reminded me, and I'm curious if my truck is normal or not normal... Also curious how the non-OEM spray liner does the tailgate.

When I got the truck and inspected it at the dealer, the only real issue I had was in the tailgate spray in liner. It didn't seem to cover all the original paint area, just maybe 1/2" outside the work surface plastic. I will have to show a picture to explain what I mean. The result is that you can feel a sharp "edge" to the spray liner that I didn't like but the dealer said that is how they are all being done and arriving that way. There wasn't another one on the lot at the time I could compare to (they kept selling like hotcakes).

Well NOW it has cracked and is likely going to get worse. We had a heavy IKEA box on there and as I was sliding it out, it bent the spray liner backward as it caught on the exposed edge and now has split the liner right at the boundary of the plastic work surface insert. I am going to complain next time I bring it in but wanted to have some notes and comparison data from other members here.

I will get some pics, hoping others can show the tailgate application from OEM or Linex to see how it is done. (I think Linex likely does superior masking and filling all the way with tailgate open but would like to see)
I don't have the work surface, but this is what my tailgate done in Line-X looks like. Hope this helps!
Ford F-150 Who makes the best Bedliner for our Trucks!? Poll time IMG_3105
Ford F-150 Who makes the best Bedliner for our Trucks!? Poll time IMG_3107

Ford F-150 Who makes the best Bedliner for our Trucks!? Poll time IMG_3106

Last edited:

Sponsored

oncechance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT, 302A, FX4, 3.5 EB, 6.5', Max Tow
I installed the Ford drop in liner and put a rubber mat (Ford) on top to alleviate the "slide" factor. Note that the rubber mat will need trimmed to fit.

Yves

First Name
Yves
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 2021 Powerboost XLT 302A 360 Camera 7.2KW
Occupation
Retired

EDIT: Adding pics

1657041452341.png

1657041480666.png
You can see on the picture that my Line-X was done down to the internal edge of my tailgate. Originally they left a small portion not covered by line-X. They told me they were done that way in case I would had to get to the inside of the tailgate then I would not need to break their product. I didn't like the fact of seing paint and I was able to imagine that portion of expose paint to become damaged with time. I went back to them and they covered it at no extra cost.

Ford F-150 Who makes the best Bedliner for our Trucks!? Poll time tailgate

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Over the years I have owned 2 DeeZee bed liners and just purchased a Husky to try. I am a hunter and need a bed liner that keeps stuff from sliding around in transit and also “ washes out” easy with a hose . Both brands fit well in my short beds and wash out easily. The DeeZee is much thicker and weighs more. It appears to be made out of recycled material While the Husky is much thinner and appears to be made out of a more virgin rubber . The main difference between the two brands is that in the summer when it gets hot out, the Husky liner gets very soft and will “ lay down” in between the bed groves in spots. If you walk on it, you can really feel it doing that. The DeeZee keeps it’s flat shape in any temperature. I decided to go back to the DeeZee liner when my 2022 Lariat comes in. My new truck will have the factory spray in liner . With the DeeZee bed mat , my new truck should be able to take a ton of abuse over the years and still look great. Price wise, the DeeZee was around $100 vs around $125 for the Husky. (Both with free shipping) I will be topping my new truck off with the BAKFLIP MX4 hard roll up cover. The Ford Factory soft roll up covers that I have owned over the years all start to have issues after 3 years or so. I am hoping the MX4 will hold up better over time. The reviews have been great and the fit and finish looks awesome .
Yeah, bedrug is not good for me. Between hunting and chainsaw, my bed rug is a stained mess.

Very bad option if you use the truck for hunting, firewood, etc.

RossRR

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 502A Rapid Red SCrew PB FX4 MaxTow
I put in the OEM drop-in plastic liner. This is the fourth truck I've put one in over the past seven years and I was a bit disappointed with this year's drop-in as the plastic is noticeably thinner than my previous drop-in liners.

sbreech

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 STX, Lead Foot Grey
Occupation
Systems Administrator
Another vote here for a full bedrug. We also have the trifold gator tonneau cover. Our truck’s main purposes are daily driver and hauling stuff for camping. Occasionally get a load of mulch for the yard or haul stuff for friends and family.

Ford F-150 Who makes the best Bedliner for our Trucks!? Poll time 38043F92-7446-4EB9-887B-34F0DBB5B563

Sponsored

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired
Another vote here for a full bedrug. We also have the trifold gator tonneau cover. Our truck’s main purposes are daily driver and hauling stuff for camping. Occasionally get a load of mulch for the yard or haul stuff for friends and family.

38043F92-7446-4EB9-887B-34F0DBB5B563.jpeg
When my BedRug was installed, the installers forgot to leave the Pro Power Panel uncovered. They had to cut it out.

Ford F-150 Who makes the best Bedliner for our Trucks!? Poll time IMG_20220316_154419558

Pat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A SuperCrew 4x4 EcoBoost
My vote is for the dual liner - great fit and love the combo of plastic sides and rubber mat

Mosey

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
My previous truck had a Reflex brand spray-in. It was softer than line-x or rhino but NOTHING slid on it. I am getting my new-to-me truck sprayed with a Spray-Tek liner as the Reflex shop is far away. I might need a bed rug too which I have to say will really suck.

sbreech

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 STX, Lead Foot Grey
Occupation
Systems Administrator
When my BedRug was installed, the installers forgot to leave the Pro Power Panel uncovered. They had to cut it out.

IMG_20220316_154419558.jpg
I did my own install. It took about an hour total, but I really took my time. I considered leaving a flap over the pro panel to protect it, but my OCD got to me and I had to finish and tuck it neatly. I’m glad I did now.