OP

blueovalguy

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Powerboost
Love the comments. Should only be a week or so for mine. I’m already over the rust thing lol.
Sponsored

Pat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A SuperCrew 4x4 EcoBoost
My first truck, so not a lot to compare it to, but absolutely amazed at the ride quality and the tech. Still waiting on delivery of my bed liner before I can really put it to work, but so far it is easily the best vehicle I have ever owned.

Rich55Marshall

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Platinum PowerBoost 4X4
Occupation
Retired custom picture framer & Apple Expert
My first F-150. It's supposed to arrive at the dealer tomorrow. I'm over the moon right now, can't imagine how happy I'll be to pick it up next week. Have a great weekend everyone.

jjblas

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G37s Infiniti
Occupation
Retired
Congratulations! I have the same model and color and I just marvel every time I get in it.?

I had STEK PPF put on the front half and am getting a ceramic coat put on as well. Got to protect that beautiful paint.

Sponsored

boy racer

First Name
Mando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150, 1985 Mustang 5.0
XLT EB 302A here. Have about 1,000 miles and LOVE this truck! I haven't had any of the issues others have had but you have to understand that when getting a new generation of anything there will be growing pains. To me, that's what warranties are for and if that don't work, I'll find a solution myself.

mclroy

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Analyst
Yesterday, i ordered my new truck. Lariat, V8, Velocity blue, 501A, trailer tow mirrors, tailgate step, 2.0 kw pro power onboard, Copilot 360 2.0 assist etc. Have to wait 2 1/2 months to get the ordered. I can't wait to drive it.

mrtrav

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Sport
I forgot all about this thread. I picked up my Lariat 502a PB Sport last week and I love everything about it. The few aftermarket additions really set it apart (black tow mirror caps, black emblems, tint, and KO2s).

mclroy

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Analyst
I hesitate a between the PB and the V8. Come from a 2015 3.5 eco. Here in Canada PB cost $2200.00 more. I do about 7000 mi/ year so it does not make the value.

Vpswcci

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Taurus Limited, 2021 f150 Platinum (soon!)
Congratulations! I have the same model and color and I just marvel every time I get in it.?

I had STEK PPF put on the front half and am getting a ceramic coat put on as well. Got to protect that beautiful paint.
?Looks like my order, beautiful, ETA tomorrow!

Sponsored

ryken

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Sport; '19 Honda Odyssey
Every vehicle I have owned has had a handful of little things that annoy me, and my F-150 is no exception. That said, it is an awesome truck overall, and the biggest issue I have is wrestling the keys from my wife.

chill_will

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost F150 Platinum 4x4
Occupation
Engineer
My favorite truck I ever had was my 2018 Platinum...until I got my 2021 Platinum. The 2021 is so refined in every area. Literally, almost everything about it is better in my opinion. Also, doesn't hurt that its the best looking truck on the road. I have had zero issues so far after 3 weeks and 1000 miles.

Only gripes I have are the following:

- I do love the look of the new steering wheel, but I feel the 2018 wheel had a better button layout. Easier to find buttons without looking and the button placement was more intuitive. With the 2021, I have to look at the wheel to see which side is volume and which is skip.

- Although the B&O Unleashed sounds great, I liked the standard B&O speakers in my 2018 better. For whatever reason, those speakers just fit my ear better. I know some say speakers have to "break-in" and I hope that's a real thing.

tempImage0Xrkq0.png
Looks really close to what I want to do with my PB platty when it gets here. Fox coil over level, platinum fuel blitz wheels, and 275/65 R20 NRGs. What offset you running? +20?

Dewster2

First Name
Dewey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Mustang Conv, 2018 F150 4x4 Platinum, 5.0
Occupation
Retired
I had a '15 Platty, 5.0, 4x4,, and '18 Platty 5.0, 4x4 and I am awaiting an April 5 build of my '21 Platty 5.0, 4x4. The '15 was great, the '18 had an oil burner (1 qt to 1800 mi) BUT, FoMoCo put in a brand new motor at 27K and have not had an issue with it after 28K mi. My granddad worked for Ford for 35 years so I am kind of addicted to the product. Having said that, I have had Ford pickups and a Chevy pickup and liked all, however I will forever be a FORD driver. I am 70 now and this may be my last truck so I am hoping the external oil pump and the cylinder de-activation will not be a problem.

Buschlatte

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I am more then pleased with the truck, I am glad I bought it and I would do it again if given the chance. This is my first new truck purchase and my first Ford purchase. I was very impressed with how Ford stepped up during the Covid 19 nonsense. My family is a GM family but I don’t like what GM has done lately and their interiors look god awful. Dodge? No way. I truly believe Ford is the way to go with trucks, and I have never been a Ford guy.

My truck had the surface rust on the rear axle and I call it surface rust because that’s what mine was, anyone with it worse that that...I am sorry for ya, I would be pissed.

I crawled under it, hit the surface rust I had with a wire brush on a drill, painted the rear axle along with the pumpkin and then fluid filmed the entire underbody. I have never heard of fluid film but it seems to have a good reputation. I live south of Detroit ( 12 miles from the Dearborn truck plant) so rust is just a thing we deal with. I have never had a car without it.
The new truck is a very Smooth riding vehicle. My wife grew up in the country so pretty much grew up in trucks. She was amazed how great of a ride it is. great seats, great tech and 4 of my neighbors work for Ford so I am helping support my block.
Have faith in the blue oval and enjoy

oh and yes I have driven the truck past the plant haha. I had to!
It was fun to see the porters moving brand new trucks from lot to lot getting them ready for transport and also seeing some of the line workers walking out to their cars see the 21 driving by and then admire their work.
Sponsored