Who’s Happy!?!?

meyer_22

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 4x4 Hybrid, Lariat
Had my Lariat Powerboost Hybrid 4x4 for less than two days, and I LOVE IT! Drove it from Metro Detroit to Northern Michigan last night (250 miles) and I'm not sure I stopped grinning at any point. I expect there will be some type of issue with a new model year, and the amount of tech, but I am beyond happy with the fit/finish/ride of this beast...

Ford F-150 Who’s Happy!?!? F150SideView
Sponsored

cakryg

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Tundra
Overall, I am quite happy with the truck. For $60K, I want to be extremely happy but I'm just not there. This is my first new F150 and I have seen how bad interior plastics have been in their older models. As far as initial truck quality, nothing beat my 2002 Tundra which had its first major issue when they replaced the frame, suspension hardware, fuel, brake lines at 100K free of charge. Now that is a company that stood behind their product and I essentially had a new undercarriage at 100K.
Technology has come a long way since then and I really enjoy the new F150's cameras/tech. The truck drives exceptionally well and doesn't feel as big as it is until I need to park it in my garage. Now if they can stop my battery from dying that would give me higher confidence that I can take this vehicle on long trips. I actually bought this truck to do a road trip to florida to see my son in rehab but backed out of that plan until I can gain confidence with the vehicle. That has been my biggest disappointment.

jfg6869

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Velocity Blue Sport XLT Screw 3.5 EB
Born and raised Ford and kind of got away from them the past 15 years as I commute an hour each way to work and back. Have been on a Japanese kick since then for reliability and last few trucks have been a Tacoma or Tundra. I traded my practically new Tundra SR5 on my XLT. My dealer didn't have a Space White so dealer traded 2.5 hrs away. I didn't even drive the truck before buying it.

I am in AWE of this thing. It drives way smaller than it is. The Tundra was so cumbersome to drive and the XLT feels like my GT500 Shelby in comparison! It is unbelievably quiet as well. It really is like a different vehicle altogether than my Tundra. Love it so far :)

don.mullins

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 3.5 Powerboost Platinum
Yeah, there are a couple of issues with the truck. With systems this complex, that is going to happen. But overall, I am very happy. Coming from 19 years in a F-250 Powerstroke Lariat to a Platinum Powerboost, it was like a caveman walking into Manhattan!

One of the things that really excites me is the 14th Gen supports OTA updates on the vast majority of the modules, with Ford is already showing they will use this feature. Ford noting a Q2 2021 release in some of their responses tells me updates are going to be a standard, ongoing process.

I have heard from my son about his experience with Tesla in this regard - if Ford follows the Telsa business and support model, providing existing customers with updates and enhancements, this is a game changer in the automotive industry.

Sponsored

Deleted member 1802

I haven't owned a F150 in about 15 years and the new F150 is way more than I expected. Handles well for a wide and long vehicle (still getting used to it spacially). The ride and tech are amazing; space utilization in the CrewMax is well thought out. Kudos to Dodge for making vast improvements in thier trucks which had Ford looking over their shoulder and put Ford engineers to design the new F150 with lots of great enhancements. This was confirmed by their lead engineer in a recent podcast.

Dock4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum
My favorite truck I ever had was my 2018 Platinum...until I got my 2021 Platinum. The 2021 is so refined in every area. Literally, almost everything about it is better in my opinion. Also, doesn't hurt that its the best looking truck on the road. I have had zero issues so far after 3 weeks and 1000 miles.

Only gripes I have are the following:

- I do love the look of the new steering wheel, but I feel the 2018 wheel had a better button layout. Easier to find buttons without looking and the button placement was more intuitive. With the 2021, I have to look at the wheel to see which side is volume and which is skip.

- Although the B&O Unleashed sounds great, I liked the standard B&O speakers in my 2018 better. For whatever reason, those speakers just fit my ear better. I know some say speakers have to "break-in" and I hope that's a real thing.

Ford F-150 Who’s Happy!?!? tempImage0Xrkq0

USMMA

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
Had our XLT 302a for over 2 months and have about 2700 miles on it, absolutely love the truck, I’ve actually come the realization this is the first Ford product I’ve owned in 30+ years of buying cars, and both the wife and I love it, it’s been recalled for 2 things but neither are show stoppers so will get them fixed at first oil change, but it’s become the family’s favorite vehicle (out of 5). We’ve had other full size trucks (but it’s been 10 years) and are amazed at how far they’ve come with comfort, safety, amenities, etc.

wayfarer556

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost 302A
150 XLT 302A PB owner here. Have some small areas with rust, hit them with Fluid Film and it's good to go.
Have put 1300 miles on it, been camping in it, taken it lightly off road, etc. Been nothing but a dream to drive.

mnstang

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB Leadfoot
Occupation
US Gov
My favorite truck I ever had was my 2018 Platinum...until I got my 2021 Platinum. The 2021 is so refined in every area. Literally, almost everything about it is better in my opinion. Also, doesn't hurt that its the best looking truck on the road. I have had zero issues so far after 3 weeks and 1000 miles.

Only gripes I have are the following:

- I do love the look of the new steering wheel, but I feel the 2018 wheel had a better button layout. Easier to find buttons without looking and the button placement was more intuitive. With the 2021, I have to look at the wheel to see which side is volume and which is skip.

- Although the B&O Unleashed sounds great, I liked the standard B&O speakers in my 2018 better. For whatever reason, those speakers just fit my ear better. I know some say speakers have to "break-in" and I hope that's a real thing.
That is a sharp looking rig you got there!

Sponsored

Regrebner

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Loving my f150. Best vehicle I’ve ever owned. I took mine in for a minor issue and it appears to have fixed it self by the time I took it in... all I can think is an update just hit and fixed the issue. I was sad and anxious while it was at the dealership. The loaner they gave me just wasn’t keeping me satisfied. No buyers remorse at all!!! For such a big purchase I figured I’d have a little. NOPE!
Ford F-150 Who’s Happy!?!? 6209A9B1-15EB-4059-9351-BF2039F4E837

kosekjm

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A 3.5 Powerboost FX4 5.5' Bed
Occupation
Software Engineer
My biggest complaints coming from a 2012 XLT is that I couldn't find a powerboost on the lot (Or one within 200 miles of home) so stayed with the EcoBoost. Tiny side mirrors (IMO) and the drivers seat isn't as comfy for by big rear end as the 2012 was :)

And first FX4 package that I've owned so getting used to the handling on that one. A bit different from my 4x2 2012 that I had.

Other than that I'm loving the truck.

Bills

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 ordered, 2019 JLUR Rubicon
My biggest complaint is a compliment of sorts...

every other truck I have ever owned the first thing I want to do is lift and fix the stuff I don’t like. That has been about all of them, and I always ended up with a truck that I really liked and looked great.

‘My 2021 Plat, has me not wanting to mess up the truck. I would love to lift it and put different tires and such, but honestly it rides so smooth and I am having so much fun trying to do better with the Powerboost (trying to teach myself how to get more electric miles)..... rather that running out and getting new shocks and level/lift parts, I find myself waiting and wondering if I will screw up my new truck. (Really not something I would have ever considered before)

damn new, smooth riding, quiet, self driving, most comfortable seat truck...... may never upgrade at this rate.
Sponsored