Which Technologies to embrace

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
i have only seen the side view when backing up,
are you saying its available in fwd with turn signal? that would be very nice
Nah, meant that it exists as a camera view already programmed into the system, but Ford doesn't use it outside of the PTB. It's already there, so the should use it.

Same for how they could make a front tire view in Rock Crawl mode. The side mirror cams are 360 dome cameras so they can show a flattened view of any part of the side of the truck. My long hope would be that someone has the business case in the future to make a module that can process those signals on it's own like the Naviks, but with the OEM cameras.
Sponsored

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
Nah, meant that it exists as a camera view already programmed into the system, but Ford doesn't use it outside of the PTB. It's already there, so the should use it.

Same for how they could make a front tire view in Rock Crawl mode. The side mirror cams are 360 dome cameras so they can show a flattened view of any part of the side of the truck. My long hope would be that someone has the business case in the future to make a module that can process those signals on it's own like the Naviks, but with the OEM cameras.
Now that sounds interesting
if i am in GO SLOW mode i select the 360 full view at times backing trailer into its resting spot, so i can see front tire as i get close to edge of driveway and the 4 foot drop off.

hopefully soon no more backing as tq lift is building my front hitch as we type

Big Cam

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Tremor 402a
Occupation
Support Engineer
I disabled the backup auto braking when a sensor goes red. It drove me nuts, every time I back out of my single stall garage, the sensors go off and a few times it slams the brakes and startles me, FORScan to the rescue.

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
I disabled the backup auto braking when a sensor goes red. It drove me nuts, every time I back out of my single stall garage, the sensors go off and a few times it slams the brakes and startles me, FORScan to the rescue.

Couldn't you just turn it off, instead of telling the truck it's not equipped (FORscan)? Pretty sure you could keep the Park Aids on (sensors) with RAB off.
Ford F-150 Which Technologies to embrace 1668565148671

Big Cam

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Tremor 402a
Occupation
Support Engineer
Couldn't you just turn it off, instead of telling the truck it's not equipped (FORscan)? Pretty sure you could keep the Park Aids on (sensors) with RAB off.
1668565148671.png
Hmmmm, I will look into this. However the Forscan change I made was basically this.

The parking sensors still work and the red parts of the screen still light up. I was under the impression that all I was disabling was the auto braking, which so far seems is exactly what I did. I wasn't aware it was in the normal menus. I'll probably re-enable it via Forscan and then disable it in the regular menus, and see if it gives me the result I wanted.

Thanks for the heads up.

Sponsored

STM

First Name
SM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F 150 XLT
Occupation
Home Builder
I still haven't been able to just let the truck stop itself. Do you guys let the truck slow down and completely stop itself, let's say from 65mph to stop, without ever touching the pedal? Or are you just using it for lower-speed stop-and-go traffic?
I drive on freeways every day and I turn on BC... And I am frequently in stop and go traffic.. The truck does come to a full halt... As @Snakebitten mentioned, the first few times was a little hairy but now I trust it but I pay attention.. There are a few times when I have stepped in though..
It is a really useful feature.. Particularly in rush hour traffic... Makes driving so much easier..

As for all the other electronics.. I came from a 2010 F150 with cruise control.. Period! I left all the driver assist features on including speed sign recognition.. The truck does a great job of recognizing speeds.. Which is very beneficial with speed limit changes on the freeways..

It does trip up when the access road speed signs are not angled correctly.. So while I am going at 70 miles per hour, in certain places, it will read a 45 mph sign on the access road and try to slow down.. I just click the up button with long presses (for 5 mph increments) and get back to the desired speed.. This minor inconvenience is more than offset by not speeding in other places!

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
The BLIS is an excellent system and should be required for all new vehicles. My situational awareness is pretty good from many miles on two wheels and in windowless cargo vans but there’s many drivers that I see almost every time I am out on the road who desperately need the blind spot warning systems!

I disabled 'brake hold' because of the possibility of driving a different vehicle that doesn't have that option and assuming it will 'hold' at a stop light. Bad things could happen.
Brake hold is a nice feature that I thought I wouldn’t like. I don’t use it at all though, since it really needs a physical switch on the dashboard. It makes parking in a tight spot super annoying and it takes too many menu button presses to enable/disable.

A proper digital rearview mirror. Come on you are adding a wonderful suite of safety features but you do not have a digital rearview mirror yet? At least let us use the rear camera on the big screen...
Ford has one in their parts bin from the Transit.

Integrated with the new Superduty tailgate-down camera and it would be a great option.

Even the medium size center screen is large enough to see with my peripheral vision. The do-gooder/s that thought it was a good idea to lock out the camera views in motion need a kick in the nuts.

I really think that the front view camera should have an option to automatically come on for driving in cities and parking lots, the huge front blind spot in front of the grille; in part created by the higher hood necessitated by pedestrian impact ratings, makes one more likely to hit pedestrians at very low speeds, especially if they are short, in wheelchairs or scooters. I had to come to a stop and activate the front camera just last week when the road had a bunch of debris thrown onto it, to better avoid puncturing my tires.

I swear if cars were invented during this decade. They wouldn’t have rear view mirrors, radios or even back seats. Top speeds would be limited to 40MPH and there’d be no reverse gear and people would have to drive with their heads poking through a cone of shame, so that they couldn’t look down at their hands. Nobody has the ability to take or delegate personal responsibility anymore.

...when I remember to do it, I turn off stability control. It could use some attention imo to avoid a borderline dangerous parameter choice.
My 2021 F-150 has the worst traction control that I have experienced when it comes to understeer; even a hint of it for barely a moment and it practically takes the truck to a stop. Which is pretty much the worst thing to do when dealing with mild understeer and each time it has happened, I’ve been on the throttle and it kills it like the fuel pump broke.

The ABS is far too overbearing in the dry as well, it’s like it wants to protect the tires more than the truck and its occupants!

I wish they had everything as dialed in as the traction control under heavy acceleration, which is decent.

DillonTX91

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat SuperCrew
I drive on freeways every day and I turn on BC... And I am frequently in stop and go traffic.. The truck does come to a full halt... As @Snakebitten mentioned, the first few times was a little hairy but now I trust it but I pay attention.. There are a few times when I have stepped in though..
It is a really useful feature.. Particularly in rush hour traffic... Makes driving so much easier..
I tried it last night. Only going 30mph in town. I was able to let the truck just do its thing. It wasn't bad since I was following immediately behind a car and we slowed to a stop together. I guess I had always tried it when other cars were already stopped at a light and I was approaching behind them at normal speed.
It is definitely a very cool feature I am trying to embrace, but since most of my driving is in town, its full potential is sort of limited.
I've got to go get my truck manually updated so I can try out BlueCruise. I bet that's cool. I probably won't get to use it often as the only highway I normally use is 35E around Dallas. At this rate, construction on it may not be done until 2092. 😂

Overboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
The disable pre-collision thread got me thinking. I am going to be coming out of a 15 year old Tundra where the tech consist of cruise control, ABS, and a few buttons for tow/haul, LSD and vehicle stability. I am used to providing driving inputs and the vehicle obliging. I do welcome safety and efficiency as long as it is not too overbearing. So for a newbie what is a good starting point for features/settings that I should turn on or off as I get accustomed to the new found tech? So far I know I want the speed recognition off. Thanks for the opinions.
All of them. Turn pre-collision down to low, and let the truck assist you.

I'm not one who puts a lot of faith into all of the tech, but Ford did a great job integrating it all in this truck. I'd consider getting BlueCruise now after driving mine.

Sponsored

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 5.0L Lariat FX4 Space White SCREW
I left the speed recognition on so it would display the speed limit. But, turned off the part where it blinks and flashes warnings and the truck loses it's mind because I'm going 1 mph over....
Exactly. Same here. Really not sure why people are so stressed, upset and losing their mind when the speed limit is shown on their speedometer without interfering with the truck and/or the driver.

erixgix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 Lariat 502A PB BAP
My 2021 F-150 has the worst traction control that I have experienced when it comes to understeer; even a hint of it for barely a moment and it practically takes the truck to a stop. Which is pretty much the worst thing to do when dealing with mild understeer and each time it has happened, I’ve been on the throttle and it kills it like the fuel pump broke.

….,
^^^

Thanks for adding the details. I love that you didn’t care about the cadre of apologists we have :)

The TC is not ideal, but For me the stability control is far worse. It’s pretty clear to me the team who set the parameters may not understand driving dynamics, or worse have opted to ignore real world driving / traffic. Very unlike the sorted adaptive cruise.

The big flaw seems to be it does not work in real time and refactor based on vehicle sensors input. It requires you full get off the gas before allowing you control of the throttle again irrespective of conditions, current vehicle attitude, or elapsed time.

For me, It regularly cuts off turning safely out of very minimally off-camber driveways at low throttle though there was never any slip or control issues.

Commanding persistent ignition cut with steering angle at zero, bright sunny day on straight & level ground with speed at 5mph,zero pitch and roll….with traffic coming in behind you is pretty much [expletives]. Unsafe imo.

Its like the truck is playing a twisted game of chicken with the driver.
No….you give in first

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
let me add, the stop and go cruise , i would not had tried the stop go stuff if not for many here singing its praises and abitlites.
is very very hard to let the brain let go the first few times, as your brain is tellign you.....HEY we are in need of brakes, then the truck slowed abrupt but not so abrupt to scare you.
i used it the 1st time in a road construction zone where traffic took off then stopped short repeatedly because drivers took off without looking ahead.
my truck slowed, then stopped as required with plenty of room, then took off from the stop or almost stop to the preset speed and made it a very nice event of it helping me stay a safe distance and not fall into the speed up and STOP routine we see so often in construction or stop and go traffic. which also gave allowed me to look further ahead and around to watch for turkeys

BryanDennison

First Name
BRyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Systems Engineer
You do mean with a vehicle in front of you that is and will be stopping as well?

Sure, I have. It's an eery feeling the first few times. And I have pulled the plug on the AI if the vehicle in front is slowing more aggressively than I can trust!

But yes, I've allowed ACC to do its thing. It's creepy but cool. Especially if the vehicle in front is being driven smoothly, so to speak.
Do the 500A Lariats have the ability to stop themselves? I've tried letting mine stop but didn't seem to be working so I took over.

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
Do the 500A Lariats have the ability to stop themselves? I've tried letting mine stop but didn't seem to be working so I took over.
This is a feature of Assist 2.0 and the Adaptive Cruise Control, not limited to a specific trim. So yes, it can be equipped on a 500A, but having 500A does not mean you have it.

My 2021 F-150 has the worst traction control
The TC is not ideal,
Have I left behind my youth? Am I no longer the hooligan I once was? I haven't even encountered any of the nannies, even after chirping a bit on some freeway on-ramps, or leaving some pitched driveways in a hurry (my work exit is a slim pitched driveway on a 50 mph road with no leadout).

In the ABS module, there is configuration settings for all the aspects of the truck variants, which means they all must be programmed differently. Is anyone with these complaints on a 157"?
Sponsored