• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Where to order F-150 Lightning PRO in Northern California?

newFordie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
I am in Stockton close to Sacramento area. I called Ford Elk Grove they won't take new orders.
I am new to this forum & It will be my first pickup truck. Where should I order from out of state or any good dealer with great pricing you may know.
Your help will be appreciated.
Thanks
Sponsored

cts888

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, Ford Escape
Wait do you not have a reservation? Without one I would guess 3 years minimum to get a pro

Ken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER
to clarify a bit more, no dealers are taking orders in the traditional sense. Ford opened reservations back in May 2021, and recently closed them with a few hundred thousand reservations. Ford started the process of converting existing reservations into orders about a week and a half ago and that will continue through March until they get enough expected orders for their entire 2022 production run, which is somewhere in the tens of thousands. So hundreds of thousands of reservations, and tens of thousands of planned production with none yet available. It's not your regular available truck at this point.

CoyoteJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning SR, Tesla Model 3, BMW i3, Zero DS
Occupation
Database Developer
Unfortunately the situation right now is that all EV trucks coming out are in such high demand that there won’t be enough batteries available to catch up for several years. The only way to get a shot at any of these is to put in a reservation for one as soon as they start taking them - and by soon I mean in the first minute. Reservations for the Ford Lightning are closed, your best bet now may be to put a reservation in for the Silverado WT, or maybe the Atlis XT. If you really want a Lightning Pro you may be able to buy one this year from someone who wants to “flip” theirs, but it won’t be cheap. Or who knows, maybe there will be some demos available on dealer lots late in the year.

Last edited:

Lime Green

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-350, Expedition Max, Tesla...
Your best bet at this point is to put your name on a waiting list at a dealership, as many do have wait lists. Then if someone refuses delivery when their order comes in they will offer it up. You’ll most likely pay a huge premium this way, but that’s the reality of it. Other than that, watch these forums and other places where trucks get offered up for sale. There will be Lighting Pros out there to buy, if you’re willing to pay.

Odds of getting a Pro are slim, most of the Pros (and all with the ER battery) are commercial fleet sales only.

Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I am in Stockton close to Sacramento area. I called Ford Elk Grove they won't take new orders.
I am new to this forum & It will be my first pickup truck. Where should I order from out of state or any good dealer with great pricing you may know.
Your help will be appreciated.
Thanks
If you didn't reserve online, which it sounds like you didn't (reservations are currently closed), then you're SOL for at least a couple years (probably at least 3). There are reservations for 200,000 trucks and, according to Ford's manufacturing numbers, it's basically sold out for years. Dealers can't currently place orders, only customers with reservations can order online direct from Ford.

If you are looking for a Pro then you are probably attracted by the pricing. Any Pro that may end up on a lot (extremely rare) for sale will probably be marked up at least 25%.

Sorry.

WhiteBolt

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro EV, 2004 SVT Lightning
Occupation
Manufacturing
I got some unbelievable news from a Ford sales manager today who told me all dealers in Florida will be allocated only 1 unit + 1 demo unit for the 2022 model year. I hope that's not true. What happened to Ford's 20k year production claim?

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I got some unbelievable news from a Ford sales manager today who told me all dealers in Florida will be allocated only 1 unit + 1 demo unit for the 2022 model year. I hope that's not true. What happened to Ford's 20k year production claim?
If true (who knows), maybe it is because Florida is not a ZEV state?
Sponsored