Sponsored

Where to get a front Torsen Differential installed in a F150 non Tremor/Raptor?

amschind

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 SCrew 4x4 Powerboost
Occupation
Physician
I too, am interested in having the Torsen installed. But I'm in NYC suburbs where they're still charging over MSRP for trucks. Needless to say that if any dealer around here would agree to do it I'd need to take out a second mortgage on my house to get it done. I'm hoping somebody has a decent installation experience closer than Houston...perhaps one where costs could be discussed as well.
I just read this post. I was very nearly compelled to move to Brooklyn, and at the time my plan was to keep my '02 Exploder for as long as possible.....downstate is like a graveyard for vehicles. Hosed down with salt, beaten on by a variety of folks for a wide variety of reasons, dinged with bumpers, dinged with doors, dinged with bikes, constantly trying to avoid delivery "skaters" who have no fear of death (I cannot count how many of those guys I saw plow through intersections on those little two wheel rollerboard thingies.....I don't know how many of them die each year, but it must be a lot), dudes on dirt bikes. Perhaps my quintessential memory of NYC is attempting to go to the one Home Depot in Brooklyn (to purchase lead free dirt, of all things) and getting held up behind a highly "transectional" protest during which an irate Puerto Rican guy threatened to beat me if I didn't plow through the obviously blocked intersection at the next green light. Good times.
Sponsored

Popplemer

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'87 F250 460 5 Speed 2021 F150 2.7L
I just read this post. I was very nearly compelled to move to Brooklyn, and at the time my plan was to keep my '02 Exploder for as long as possible.....downstate is like a graveyard for vehicles. Hosed down with salt, beaten on by a variety of folks for a wide variety of reasons, dinged with bumpers, dinged with doors, dinged with bikes, constantly trying to avoid delivery "skaters" who have no fear of death (I cannot count how many of those guys I saw plow through intersections on those little two wheel rollerboard thingies.....I don't know how many of them die each year, but it must be a lot), dudes on dirt bikes. Perhaps my quintessential memory of NYC is attempting to go to the one Home Depot in Brooklyn (to purchase lead free dirt, of all things) and getting held up behind a highly "transectional" protest during which an irate Puerto Rican guy threatened to beat me if I didn't plow through the obviously blocked intersection at the next green light. Good times.
Well, if you didn't end up moving to Brooklyn you dodged the biggest bullet of all. NYC is a disaster between the crime and lawlessness, traffic and worst of all the hipsters, it's just awful. I'm there for work every week and if I could make the same money living elsewhere I'd surely leave the area.

amschind

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 SCrew 4x4 Powerboost
Occupation
Physician
Well, if you didn't end up moving to Brooklyn you dodged the biggest bullet of all. NYC is a disaster between the crime and lawlessness, traffic and worst of all the hipsters, it's just awful. I'm there for work every week and if I could make the same money living elsewhere I'd surely leave the area.
I agree. The thing is, upstate is one of the most beautiful areas that I've ever seen.....the entire place is a postcard. The only part that isn't absolutely stunning are those godawful state government buildings in Albany...it's like someone went to the architect and said "Go and read 1984, and then design me what you think the "Ministry of Truth" building would've looked like".

DHBPhoto

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 3.5 Ecoboost
Occupation
Photographer/Filmmaker
Those of you who have those done this, any real world experience to report? My no one question is deep mud/snow — I find the f150 does not compete w/ my old Tundra TRD pro in snow/mud/loose dirt. And I think having a torsen would “pull” more, proving much more control/confidence.

TheGoatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 powerboost
Those of you who have those done this, any real world experience to report? My no one question is deep mud/snow — I find the f150 does not compete w/ my old Tundra TRD pro in snow/mud/loose dirt. And I think having a torsen would “pull” more, proving much more control/confidence.
Yeah it would do that for you
Sponsored