Sponsored

Where to get a front Torsen Differential installed in a F150 non Tremor/Raptor?

WFordKid

First Name
Woody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Occupation
Accounting
Has anyone tried or know where to get a front Torsen Differential installed in a F150 non Tremor/Raptor. I think this would be a very cool addition and help out with the off road ability of the F150. The Tremor has the option for $500 which seems well worth it to me.
Sponsored

amschind

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 SCrew 4x4 Powerboost
Occupation
Physician
I am working on this too, so don't give up. Dealers have been PROFOUNDLY unhelpful, but Ford's website says that it fits. worst case scenario, I'll have my mechanic drop it in (he did an amazing job on my old Explorer with the same thing, but wouldn't have the same access to a rebuild kit).

I'll keep you posted.

amschind

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Physician
Update: bigger dealers CAN do this, smaller dealers can't due to an alignment tool that isn't used enough to justify its cost at small places. Russell Smith in Houston said they could, but they want to have the truck sit on their lot for a month waiting before they work on it. Will continue to shop around.

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
Update: bigger dealers CAN do this, smaller dealers can't due to an alignment tool that isn't used enough to justify its cost at small places. Russell Smith in Houston said they could, but they want to have the truck sit on their lot for a month waiting before they work on it. Will continue to shop around.
Do they really have to have it sit on the lot for a month? Can't they just schedule you for when they're ready? A one month wait these days does not sound bad to me, but I don't see why it has to sit on the lot for that month until they can do the work.

Sponsored

Nomad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21’ F 150 Tremor
Frank,
If you are asking where to get it installed; any reputable gear & axle shop can do it for you. I have a Tremor, but bought off of the lot so it came w/o the torsen.. Ford Performance had a 20% off sale awhile back, so picked one up & my local gear shop did the install. If you talk to some local Jeep guy‘s they always know good gear/axle shops.
If you are looking for the Ford part# I have it somewhere, let me know & I will find it for you…

Andyc

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
14 Shelby Raptor. 05 AEV Jeep TJ4.6 SC. 21 Lariat
Occupation
Business owner
Frank,
If you are asking where to get it installed; any reputable gear & axle shop can do it for you. I have a Tremor, but bought off of the lot so it came w/o the torsen.. Ford Performance had a 20% off sale awhile back, so picked one up & my local gear shop did the install. If you talk to some local Jeep guy‘s they always know good gear/axle shops.
If you are looking for the Ford part# I have it somewhere, let me know & I will find it for you…
Think there is probably a number of us who would be interested in the part number. If you could post it up that would be great.

Nomad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21’ F 150 Tremor
Andy,
This is the Ford Performance website part:
F-150 2009-2017 8.8" Front Axel Limited Slip Torsen Differential (Qty - 1)$536.00
Part Number: M4204F150LS
That price will be different now, as I got it for 20-25% off during a sale. There is a MegaTread about this on f150tremor.com that will have a lot of useful info for any interested in doing this. I know a few of us have done the install because the first Tremors out didn’t have torsen’s installed from the factory…..

amschind

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Physician
Do they really have to have it sit on the lot for a month? Can't they just schedule you for when they're ready? A one month wait these days does not sound bad to me, but I don't see why it has to sit on the lot for that month until they can do the work.
I spoke those exact words to the service manager, and he told me that it was their policy that a truck could not be in the queue without physically waiting on their lot. I have been working out of town, but I had the idea that I might speak with somebody higher up the food chain who can countermand this madness.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Good thing a hip replacement doctor let's you stay home while you are in "the queue" for surgery.
Otherwise sitting in the lot (hospital) for a month would add $1,000,000 to the tab. :)

Sponsored

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
I spoke those exact words to the service manager, and he told me that it was their policy that a truck could not be in the queue without physically waiting on their lot. I have been working out of town, but I had the idea that I might speak with somebody higher up the food chain who can countermand this madness.
So if you just wanted an oil change, you would need to leave it with them for a month?

Sounds like some fishy bullshit to me; either they don’t really want to do it, or it’s more likely that they will take it to a gearshop themselves and they want it at their dealer long enough so that they can take the diff. out themselves and take it to the gearshop where your differential will sit until the gearshop gets to it.

amschind

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Physician
I agree, but only a few dealerships have the tools to reset caster/camber after replacing the diff. I will ask a few others around Houston first.

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
I agree, but only a few dealerships have the tools to reset caster/camber after replacing the diff. I will ask a few others around Houston first.
you could try exstensive metal works and air ride place....on tv they look like they MIGHT know what they are doing :unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

amschind

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Physician
you could try exstensive metal works and air ride place....on tv they look like they MIGHT know what they are doing :unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:
I am sure that they do, and I'd generally go to that sort of place preferentially, but in this case I am choosing to be reamed by a dealer so that I can keep my powertrain warranty.

MountainStang

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT 302A 5.0, 2011 Mustang GT
Hey figured I would reach out to see if anyone has had the front Torsen added recently, and if anyone has had their dealer do it and if so what the cost was?
Sponsored