Sponsored

Where is the DEF warning light on the dash?

kosekjm

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A 3.5 Powerboost FX4 5.5' Bed
Occupation
Software Engineer
Hi all,

Hoping someone can help. I have a powerboost but had a warning light pop up on my dash yesterday while idling on battery waiting for my wife to run into a store "For just a minute." Nearly an hour later a warning light popped up right between the temperature and oil pressure gauges (Right where the yellow circle is):

Ford F-150 Where is the DEF warning light on the dash? IMG_20210822_113520637

Of course yesterday would be the day I managed to walk out of the house without my phone and by the time my wife came out it was already off. The closest indicator that I have seen in the manual that matches what showed up is the DEF indicator light (Mostly because I thought at the time it looked like a flaming line on water :) )

Ford F-150 Where is the DEF warning light on the dash? diesel light.PNG

By chance is that where the DEF light would appear? Not sure why it would illuminate on a powerboost. So far haven't seen that happen again but trying to track down what this light might have been.

Thank you for any info you might provide.
Sponsored

Tang

First Name
David Pollitt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford f150 XLT 3.0 diesel
Occupation
Retired
I don't know about a powerboats but on the 3.0 diesel you have a gauge so you can check the level of fluid left in the DEF tank. If you never check DEF level and hit 500 miles a notification will appear on the dashboard advising you of this fact each and every time you start the vehicle.

OP
OP
kosekjm

kosekjm

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
If you never check DEF level and hit 500 miles a notification will appear on the dashboard advising you of this fact each and every time you start the vehicle.
Is that notification a light or one of those big warnings in the entire display screen?

Appreciate the input. Just trying to figure out what this oddball light might have been.

Slappy McGee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
If it were a diesel you'd probably need more Diesel Exhaust Fluid. Since it's a Powerboost, your truck probably needs more Def Leppard and/or Mos Def depending on your musical preferences.

In less humorous news, it seems the dash screen has a few gremlins like the "mystery dot" that somehow appears connected to European-style speed signs that sometimes appears.

Tang

First Name
David Pollitt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford f150 XLT 3.0 diesel
Occupation
Retired
Is that notification a light or one of those big warnings in the entire display screen?

Appreciate the input. Just trying to figure out what this oddball light might have been.
It's not a warning light for DEF, it comes on the screen stating you have 500 miles until DEF tank is empty. It's a written notification not a warning light.

OP
OP
kosekjm

kosekjm

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Hello all. Appreciate the responses. Apparently I was way off on the icon that I remembered but found this post:

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/what-the-heck-is-this-symbol.5183/

and someone had asked about my oddball icon. Seems to be part of the Emergency Braking System. I'll admit I was bored having no phone that day and started going through the settings menu much more in depth so might have turned something off that I hadn't remembered doing.

@Slappy McGee depending on the day you might find both of those in my playlists :)

Thank you all again for the feedback
Sponsored