First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Life time average so far. Has been slowly increasing, warmer weather I guess. Even have about 300 miles total towing my 18' Bass boat.

Ford F-150 Where Are The Hybrids?? 1623002107084
Sponsored

Diceman

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Hybrid, Rapid Red, 6.5 bed
Occupation
Retired US Navy, retired manufacturing
Picked mine up Friday, First Ford I've ever owned......hell it's the first one anyone in my family has ever owned. It's the best truck I've ever owned for 200 miles anyway.????

powerboost_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 PB XLT 302A & 2021- PB Lariat 502A
Picked my Powerboost up in early June - XLT 302A FX4 Sport. Just installed the 2" level kit with 295/60R20 Toyo AT3's and added the Truxedo lowpro Tonneau! Will see how much of a hit these Toyo's and Level kit take on the mileage....
Ford F-150 Where Are The Hybrids?? Truck7
Ford F-150 Where Are The Hybrids?? truck5

wilmaj32

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
08 GT500, 21 Powerboost Lariat , 12 Expedition
Occupation
Retired
Picked my Powerboost up in early June - XLT 302A FX4 Sport. Just installed the 2" level kit with 295/60R20 Toyo AT3's and added the Truxedo lowpro Tonneau! Will see how much of a hit these Toyo's and Level kit take on the mileage....
Truck7.jpg
truck5.jpg
Looks great!

Sponsored

draggam01

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Powerboost XLT
Occupation
retired
I've not been able to locate a single Hybrid at a dealer within 150 miles of me and that includes major cities such as Raleigh and Charlotte where there are several large dealerships. Has Ford even started shipping the Hybrids?
I lucked into mine but it was a used 2021. Its weird be a first model year for the PB that it seems to have less issues than many of the newer ones. I just don't get this. How could that even be? Ok, I went off on a tangent.

I hope your search is fruitful and you get what you want.

wessermgm

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum SCrew, Smoked Quartz, 701a, FX4
I lucked into mine but it was a used 2021. Its weird be a first model year for the PB that it seems to have less issues than many of the newer ones. I just don't get this. How could that even be? Ok, I went off on a tangent.

I hope your search is fruitful and you get what you want.
If Ford wants to stay in business they better hope the 2024 version of the Powerboost is their most reliable since they have incentivized everyone to get it with the $1,900 PB credit on orders. They are likely to double or triple their PB percentage of sold trucks this year. If reliability isn't improved, the warranty claims literally might sink Ford.

UncleWillie

First Name
Willie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Tremor 402a 3.5 EB
I understand this is an old thread, but seeing as it has been resurrected...
The dealerships here in NE GA are flooded with PowerBoosts. So much so, that most PB Lariats are being advertised as $8-10k off MSRP. They were marked down so much, I considered getting one instead of the EcoBoosts I had my eye on. I had to do a lot of research and lots of reading here on the forum. Test drove a couple of PBs and loved them. So much power! Still ended up getting a EB (mostly because Tremors in stock), but I was just so hesitant after reading some of the issues. Yes, yes, I know - the vocal minority...

Walter Townsend

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat FX4 Off Road Fishing Edition 5.0
Occupation
Owner Operator Starlight Tool Services Ltd Millwright/Welder/Machinist/Electronics tech
Really enjoyed driving the Powerboost, when I could get it to start that is! After I got my 2023 Powerboost in February of this year, all was going good until the stop safely now problems started in May at less than 2500 KM. Two more stop safely now's in June, then at the dealer for two months while they poked and prodded.

What I found is that the F150 hybrid truck is rated as one of the least reliable truck available by Consumer Reports, that the resale value of the F-150 Powerboost had plummeted into the toilet, and the truck I had purchased for 80K was now only worth 51K with less than 5000 km on it and only six months old, with two of those months sitting in the dealers lot.

In August, I ended up trading the truck in to get a used 2021 5.0 L truck, but as there are no Lemon Laws in Canada, I did take a bath on it and ended up paying a premium to get out of the powerboost.

These truck now supposedly have a fix from Ford, but from what I have been seeing on these Forums, the fix is not working yet.

Would I buy another Powerboost, not in the foreseeable future.

If it wasn't for the other brands not wanting to take a broken truck on trade, I would not even be driving a Ford today, but was stuck relying on the dealer to get me into a more reliable Ford and eating much of the $29K that Ford wanted me to pay to get out of the lease on the truck.

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Are you saying that other than the 3 no-start events, you didn't have any other issues with your Powerboost?

Walter Townsend

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat FX4 Off Road Fishing Edition 5.0
Occupation
Owner Operator Starlight Tool Services Ltd Millwright/Welder/Machinist/Electronics tech
Are you saying that other than the 3 no-start events, you didn't have any other issues with your Powerboost?
Had to leave the truck at the church parking lot the first time and hitch a ride home, it was a Monday evening, about 8:30 PM, Ford Roadside Assistance said no one was available to come jump start the truck or tow it to a dealer, so was told to call back the next morning after 8:00. I tried jump starting the truck, did not do anything, had tried to get out of the truck, relock and re-enter with no luck. I had to hitch a ride back the next morning and it started so I drove home. I contacted the service manager at the dealer who had me bring it in. They did a software update, said I was good and sent me on my way.

Next time was 144 KM away from home. It was about 3 weeks later. This time I tried a few other options including using the Ford Pass to remote start the truck, which actually worked, so was able to drive straight home, do not pass go, do not collect $100 and do not stop to admire any rainbows as there was no guarantee you will get the truck started again.

Third time was the next day, Ford Pass again got the truck running.

The truck then went back to the dealer who had it for two months. They were instructed by Ford to not do any more testing on the truck until the potential fix that was coming mid to end of August. Mid august came and was informed by the service manager that the fix was not going to be available until Q4 so October to December.

Unlike you Snakebitten, I only have one vehicle, this one and it is both my work truck, which needs to be reliable so that I know I can get to and from service calls as needed and my personal truck.

We are in a remote area where cell service is really sketchy and I was really concerned that Ford Pass would work many of the places that the truck could SSN on me.

My lawyer had advised me that this issue could persist for a long time with no resolution, he had gone through a similar situation years earlier with another brand of vehicle. He advised me not to remove the truck from the dealers lot as long as it was not totally fixed and that I would be best forcing the truck back on the dealer. We have no Lemon Law in Canada, and that the arbitration process could be long and painful if I chose to go that route.

I did not trust the vehicle, especially with how much I was paying for it! Two months of payments for a truck that I could not drive! Dealer did supply a Pinto as a service loaner, OK it was a Bronco Sport, but I could not fit my tool kit into it for service calls, so was not really a fair trade.

It was not until later that I learned of the about the two step starting process.

No, I had no other issues with the truck. I liked the way the adaptive cruise control worked, and had to tweak the 2021 F150 5.0L to get a similar performance. I was getting really good mileage with the truck. Matter of fact on that 144 km trip back home after the second SSN, had over 44 km in electric mode of the 144 km.

I miss the 7.2K generator, the 2K generator in the truck I have now is anemic. It will start and run my mitre saw, but it is a slow struggled start.

What I do not miss is knowing if I can get the truck to start when I need to get somewhere.
Sponsored