Where’s my truck

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX
Apparently my truck was delivered to the dealership on April 5th.
I asked the dealer what’s up and all he said was he hasn’t received the docket and he’ll look into it.
Anyone else experience this??
Sponsored

Wolf Man

First Name
WolfMan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
What the heck kind of answer is that especially after it arriving 5 days ago? Just wow, can't understand how he can't give you a better answer.

OP
OP
Eric

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX
Lol that’s gonna be this afternoon at the dealership.

I actually have a terrible feel in my pancreas that these dirtbags sold MY truck AGAIN.

Back in 2018 I was going to pick up my brand Black F150. When I got to the dealership he told me another dealer sold it and the only Supercrew 4x4 they had available was a ruby red XLT. I hate red. And the only other choice was a white one which would’ve been fine except that it was a 4x2.

He offered to order me a new black one but would take up to eight weeks. I had to take the red because I killed my previous car and was borrowing a friends until I got a new vehicle.

If they sold it this might be the final straw on dealing with Ford.

jwgreene

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT supercrew in leadfoot with 5.0
Lol that’s gonna be this afternoon at the dealership.

I actually have a terrible feel in my pancreas that these dirtbags sold MY truck AGAIN.

Back in 2018 I was going to pick up my brand Black F150. When I got to the dealership he told me another dealer sold it and the only Supercrew 4x4 they had available was a ruby red XLT. I hate red. And the only other choice was a white one which would’ve been fine except that it was a 4x2.

He offered to order me a new black one but would take up to eight weeks. I had to take the red because I killed my previous car and was borrowing a friends until I got a new vehicle.

If they sold it this might be the final straw on dealing with Ford.
Was he trying to say that another salesman sold your 2018 or another dealership? It’s not possible for another dealership to sell a vehicle that isn’t on or in transit to their lot so that seems ridiculous. I’d be livid if they’ve done this again.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Eric

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX
Was he trying to say that another salesman sold your 2018 or another dealership? It’s not possible for another dealership to sell a vehicle that isn’t on or in transit to their lot so that seems ridiculous. I’d be livid if they’ve done this again.
He meant that another salesman from his dealership sold it to someone else but the worst part about that particular situation is that I already signed for it and paid all the upfront costs with my credit card.

I’ve had to drive this red truck that I hate looking at for the last couple of years so if they pulled another smooth one on me someone might catch these hands.
Bad joke, but I’ve already put that worst case scenario in my head so that if/when I get the actual bad news I’m already mentally prepared to not lose my shit and say or do something unsavoury.

JGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
I would be looking for another dealership and would not of bought another truck from them. There are a lot of dealers around Toronto and lots more within an hour drive

OP
OP
Eric

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX
I would be looking for another dealership and would not of bought another truck from them. There are a lot of dealers around Toronto and lots more within an hour drive
There’s only one simple reason I went back to these guys. When they started taking orders for the 2021 they called me up and offered to get me a 2021 in exchange for my leased 2018.

My 2018 lease ends in September and I’m already about 5000 km’s over the limit but they said they will do the switch as soon as my new one comes in and not charge me for any extra mileage charges.
If it wasn’t for that I never would’ve gone with them for the 2021.

This particular dealer doesn’t really care about how you feel because of their status as the number one status in the country in volume. Ford already treats customers poorly and these guys just give the brand an even worse image.

JGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
you do not have to take it back to the dealer that you got it from, I found that out a few years ago. I use to get my vehicle in the Toronto area also because of there high volume sales and great deals. but now my local dealer is being more competitive and took over my lease 6 month early to get me in a new truck. you do not have to stay at a dealer with questionable practices, when you lease Ford still owns the truck the dealer do not unless you go through a third party company

OP
OP
Eric

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX
you do not have to take it back to the dealer that you got it from, I found that out a few years ago. I use to get my vehicle in the Toronto area also because of there high volume sales and great deals. but now my local dealer is being more competitive and took over my lease 6 month early to get me in a new truck. you do not have to stay at a dealer with questionable practices, when you lease Ford still owns the truck the dealer do not unless you go through a third party company
God m*********in’ damn I wish I knew this way earlier. Thanks a lot for that insight. You are the man now dog(Sean Connery voice).

Sponsored

JGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
God m*********in’ damn I wish I knew this way earlier. Thanks a lot for that insight. You are the man now dog(Sean Connery voice).
as long as Canadian Dollars stays low they want them back early and have no problem selling then to the US and making large on the exchange rate...

CommoSGT

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150 Lariat SCrew, 2021 F150 Lariat SCrew
Occupation
Engineer
I would think that having a signed contract and him having taken fees/money, would give you grounds for a major upgrade or a lawsuit.....you choose. The salesman should have to forfeit his commission and you should get major concessions on whatever you chose.

OP
OP
Eric

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX
I would think that having a signed contract and him having taken fees/money, would give you grounds for a major upgrade or a lawsuit.....you choose. The salesman should have to forfeit his commission and you should get major concessions on whatever you chose.
I agree with everything you said but unfortunately that’s never how it will ever play out with a company as big as Ford. Even if you ever do get anything in your favour you will always lose with these guys.

JGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
I agree with everything you said but unfortunately that’s never how it will ever play out with a company as big as Ford. Even if you ever do get anything in your favour you will always lose with these guys.
lets just hope your truck is there waiting for you,

Doggy-Dog

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Pacifica Limited & 2021 Loaded Lariat
Occupation
Retired
That is just crazy. That salesman should be fired on the spot. Never checked if the truck just dropped off the transport was someone's order? Just nuts.
I sure hope my '21 shows up before others are driving their '22's.
Sponsored