When Zombie trucks awaken

66F100Again

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'66 F100, '11 Mustang GT, '21 F150 Lariat
If you've had a truck that was parked at the factory unfinished, waiting for missing chips, and you've now taken delivery, have you found anything wrong with the truck? Rusty rear axle? Paint defects? Other fit/finish issues? etc.
Thought it'd be helpful for others to know what to look for as (hopefully) those of us who have been waiting months for our trucks finally take delivery.
Sponsored

Chewza

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 AMB Plat PB
I took delivery of my fully loaded Antimatter Platinum Powerboost yesterday that I ordered in February, had a blend date of April 15th and which surprised both the dealership and myself when it was delivered.

The axle and rear transfer case is painted black, no rust.
Paint aside from a spot on either door where it looks as though a door bumper may have rubbed a scuff in the clear coat is excellent. (Dealer has agreed to try to fix)

The only interior issue I have is with the drivers side rear seat back.
There is wear down to the cording on a couple of spots where it appears something was sandwiched between the seat back and the seat base when the seat base was placed in the upright locked position. (Dealer has agreed to explore either a fix which I believe is unlikely or a replacement seat back)

My rear sliding window doesn't rattle, nor do my door mirrors.

Fitment of all panel gaps is excellent.

Feel free to ask any other questions!

Last edited:

spectre446

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
I took delivery of my fully loaded Antimatter Platinum Powerboost yesterday that I ordered in February, had a blend date of April 15th and which surprised both the dealership and myself when it was delivered.

Paint aside from a spot on either door where it looks as though a door bumper may have rubbed a scuff in the clear coat is excellent. (Dealer has agreed to try to fix)

There is wear down to the cording on a couple of spots where it appears something was sandwiched between the seat back and the seat base when the seat base was placed in the upright locked position. (Dealer has agreed to explore either a fix which I believe is unlikely or a replacement seat back)

Did the tracker websites ever update to reflect that your truck was shipped or delivered?

Chewza

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 AMB Plat PB
Did the tracker websites ever update to reflect that your truck was shipped or delivered?
Yes, it shows delivered on the 22nd which is accurate once they finally entered it into the system.

Sponsored

spectre446

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
Yes, it shows delivered on the 22nd which is accurate once they finally entered it into the system.
So prior to you being called that it had arrived, the tracker never updated with shipping or built status?

Chewza

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 AMB Plat PB
So prior to you being called that it had arrived, the tracker never updated with shipping or built status?
The vehicle order status checkmark system went from built directly to delivered.
I never saw a checkmark on the "Shipped" status.

Broccoli Rob

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Fusion Titanium Hybrid

Was your production date the same as the blend date

Sponsored

Blinky

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
Just picked up March 31st order, May 15th produced, shipped Sept. 16th zombie truck. Fit finish and build quality are excellent. The rear diff had no rust. Underneath looked great. Gaps on panels was nice and tight and aligned.

Only had it for a few hours but I'm already in love with this vehicle! Can't wait to finish breaking I the engine to really give it the beans!

XLT 302a Sport FX4 3.5L EcoBoost

OP
OP
66F100Again

66F100Again

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'66 F100, '11 Mustang GT, '21 F150 Lariat
Glad to hear your truck arrived and is perfect.
I forgot to respond to my own request for Zombie truck condition. Mine was ordered 2/25, produced (but with missing chips) 4/21, and finally delivered 7/28. It arrived in pristine condition (no chassis rust, perfect paint, etc). I've since put ~ 2000 miles on it; absolutely love it. Still zero issues. 5.0 is getting 20+ mpg in combined highway/town driving.

Jean Deaux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4 5.0
Guys, my truck didn't wait for chips and never parked at zomby truck graveyard, she's been shipped right away. But still the rearend had some rust on it.

PappyG

First Name
Grady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat hybrid powerboost
Occupation
Senior Principal Cyber Systems Administrator
Hi this is my first post. I ordered my Truck on June 28th through my local Ford dealer. It was ordered into production the week of 27 September. I received the VIN later that week and checked the order status online. the status was in production and the window sticker was available to download. October 3rd the status changed to Shipped with a schedule delivery date of October 20th. the vehicle arrived early and I picked it up yesterday the 13th.
no issues noted except for the infamous surface rust on the Diff. So I’ll have to address that this weekend.

Ford F-150 When Zombie trucks awaken 46B1C76B-719B-40F6-91E0-F8DC7CA1D928

Ford F-150 When Zombie trucks awaken 5A9FA7C3-E5FE-4C25-8D94-007D22251264

johnbisme

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac, 2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Senior Game Combat Designer
I ordered my in February of 1983, went into productions 4/26/83, and JUST TOOK DELIVERY! Other than some minor body rust, I think it looks OK?
Ford F-150 When Zombie trucks awaken 1634325698806
Sponsored