Sponsored

When your garage is not deep enough for your new F150...

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
That is my BIGGEST problem. With how I take care of my vehicles, they stay IN THE GARAGE! However, my current garage is about two feet too small for my F-150. Keeping it outside is KILLING ME!!! ?

Sponsored

BHunted1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford-150 Platinum , 22 Edge, 23 Explorer ST
Occupation
Retired
A prebuilt house without your design listed as a 2 car garage is a 2 mini car garage or a good size man cave. Builders have no clue sometimes. Hence, mine is a mancave. I could barely get my '19 Ranger in it. Sux but next house will be bigger.

rlell

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Mustang GT, 2020 Explorer ST, 2021 F-150
A prebuilt house without your design listed as a 2 car garage is a 2 mini car garage or a good size man cave. Builders have no clue sometimes. Hence, mine is a mancave. I could barely get my '19 Ranger in it. Sux but next house will be bigger.
Yup...I told my wife that it's the breaking point and we gotta buy a new house...???.

Honestly though, part of my problem is how I setup my garage not thinking I'd have a truck. I'm going to move my junk around this summer so I can fit.

Ford F-150 When your garage is not deep enough for your new F150... PXL_20210327_173135941.MP

cghall77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Can't fit in the garage and can't fit a 6.5ft box in the driveway, so we were forced to stick with the short box. ? Here in Southern Ontario its all about squishing as many homes on old farm land as possible.

Madman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3 Ford Explorers
Occupation
Engineer
I would never have a garage less than 24x24, mine is a triple 24x31.
Yup...I told my wife that it's the breaking point and we gotta buy a new house...???.

Honestly though, part of my problem is how I setup my garage not thinking I'd have a truck. I'm going to move my junk around this summer so I can fit.

PXL_20210327_173135941.MP.jpg
@Stubblejumper

Ha! Same problem - and I don't even have my truck yet! I just spent most of my 3rd weekend doing just that and more to do. With the workbench & tools, cabinets, snowthrower, lawnmower, pressure washer, and all the yard tools, its getting crowded, so its forcing me to be creative. Its making for an interesting challenge. A lot of reconfiguring.

What has helped me was mounting some things (e.g. ramps) high and installing garage gear wall panels with built-in slots for hanging tools, hoses, etc. Here's what I used; maybe it will give you some ideas -
https://www.gladiatorgarageworks.com/products/8-gearwall®-panels-2-pack

Keep us posted as to how you make out.

rlell

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
@Stubblejumper

Ha! Same problem - and I don't even have my truck yet! I just spent most of my 3rd weekend doing just that and more to do. With the workbench & tools, cabinets, snowthrower, lawnmower, pressure washer, and all the yard tools, its getting crowded, so its forcing me to be creative. Its making for an interesting challenge. A lot of reconfiguring.

What has helped me was mounting some things (e.g. ramps) high and installing garage gear wall panels with built-in slots for hanging tools, hoses, etc. Here's what I used; maybe it will give you some ideas -

I've looked at the gladiator stuff before. My issue is big floor items and purging. I have two workbenches that I need to get rid of. One has stuff in the drawers that will need a new home. I also have a folding miter stand and table saw eating up space. My biggest issue is cramming too many hobbies into one space. The cabinet wall needs to get moved to the electrical panel wall. That also means a bunch of small things. Moving electrical, moving the shop fan, patching holes, touching up paint, etc.

Ford F-150 When your garage is not deep enough for your new F150... PXL_20210426_162651199

Ford F-150 When your garage is not deep enough for your new F150... PXL_20210426_162700951

Sponsored

BHunted1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford-150 Platinum , 22 Edge, 23 Explorer ST
Occupation
Retired
@Stubblejumper

Hell, looks like mine. Had to move cabinets from shelving area so I would squeeze in just to work, but walking around it is like dancing in mine field.
If I had the bux, build a detached garage.

Madman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3 Ford Explorers
Occupation
Engineer
I've looked at the gladiator stuff before. My issue is big floor items and purging. I have two workbenches that I need to get rid of. One has stuff in the drawers that will need a new home. I also have a folding miter stand and table saw eating up space. My biggest issue is cramming too many hobbies into one space. The cabinet wall needs to get moved to the electrical panel wall. That also means a bunch of small things. Moving electrical, moving the shop fan, patching holes, touching up paint, etc.

PXL_20210426_162651199.jpg

PXL_20210426_162700951.jpg
My biggest problem is that I’ve kept too many scraps of lumber. It’s the only problem I can’t solve without purging. Every so often, I find I need to replace a clapboard, or a small piece of lumber or plywood. For this truck, it will be worth the pain. Still hurts.

rlell

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My biggest problem is that I’ve kept too many scraps of lumber. It’s the only problem I can’t solve without purging. Every so often, I find I need to replace a clapboard, or a small piece of lumber or plywood. For this truck, it will be worth the pain. Still hurts.
The sheets goods are the only thing I haven't come up with a solution for. I have my full length boards overhead on some heavy duty shelving brackets and offcuts in a set of cube shelving.

3DogKnight

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Escape Titanium - 2021 F150 XLT
Occupation
100% retired
Keep the lumber! It's worth a small fortune right now.