Sponsored

When your garage is not deep enough for your new F150...

spectre446

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
My garage is like 3 inches longer than the official length listed by Ford. Do you all think it'll fit?
Sponsored

Pete6114

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 2023 Lincoln Aviator
Occupation
Retired Ford employee
Hurts to look at those pictures and feel you pain. Glad i build myself a additional garage
My garage is like 3 inches longer than the official length listed by Ford. Do you all think it'll fit?
Apparently. Just a matter of time till something gets damaged...

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
Three car garage here but with the HVAC unit in there, truck won't fit. :(

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2
Same here, fortunately plenty wide. Going to have to evaluate once the truck arrives but I’m hopeful.

Sponsored

Lpetters84

First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum FX4 5.0
Same here, fortunately plenty wide. Going to have to evaluate once the truck arrives but I’m hopeful.
I used the link below to map out the truck in my garage. It shows all the dimensions of the F150. Use a couple pieces of wood to map out the 4 corners of the truck. It kind of helped me visualize how much space my truck is going to take up. It’s gonna be a tight fit!

https://www.ford.com/trucks/f150/models/f150-platinum/

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning -Lariat ER, Model 3
Occupation
IT
My garage is 20 by 20 - just barely works. The half tons with short bed will fit in the current garage, barely. You can't walk around it with the garage door down. Model 3 in there right now - but going to have to do a little cleaning to get the Lightning in.

I'd love to build a house - I only need about 1800, maybe 2000 sq ft inside, but I want a garage about 25 by 35.

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5
Occupation
Retired Electrician
I have a 26 wide x 28 deep double attached garage - fits with room to spare all the way around. When we built our home I planned to have room for the truck as I had a 2006 F 150 supercrew 6.5 ft box at the time and it fit with room to spare.

Sponsored

Texas Dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'04 Envoy XL 4WD, '15 Fusion Energi, '19 Niro EV
Occupation
Engineer
Not only will parking the F150L in a garage protect it from the elements but it will moderate the temperature of the battery giving it better performance. I really want to park my F150L in my garage if I can. Unfortunately, it will be VERY tight in my garage with a F150L in it.

The distance from the back wall of my garage to the garage door measures about 19'-6". The tech sheet for the F150L gives the overall length as 232.7 inches or 19'-4.7". I have been seriously concerned that the F150L won't fit in the garage so I have been obsessing about what to do.

I have a side entrance 2-car garage with a single double door, so some typical simple solutions to lengthen the garage, like installing carriage doors, won't really work for me. I have figured out how I can lengthen the garage buy rebuilding one of the walls but that would probably add another $10k onto the already expensive F150L purchase. I had heard about people notching out the walls of their garages to make room for their pickups but I never really took that suggestion seriously until I saw this picture, .

Now that I think about it, the idea appears fairly simple and not near as expensive as moving a wall. Basically all you are doing is building a new door frame in an existing wall. Anyway, this is what I plan to focus on for making room in my garage for my F150L and I hope this gives you guys some ideas about how to get a F150L in your garage as well.

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 5.0L Lariat FX4 Space White SCREW
While on the smaller side, my garage could hold my F-150 if I didn't even storage racks built on the back wall :(