Sponsored

When it rains, I hear a waterfall near A pillars. Anyone else hear this?

BigPaulie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 5.0
Occupation
US Army (Ret)/GS Civilian
Really annoyed of late. My 21 Screw FX4 when it rains here in the PNW, I hear a sound like water running through pipes then hitting something on the way down. It is in the A pillar area/where the 2 doors meet on the driver's side. My wife and daughter heard it as well. Is this normal? Weatherstrip issue? Never did I hear this in my last 2 F150's. Recorded the sound on my cell. My dealership tech's are baffled. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. Watch your six!
Sponsored

capetownkg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150, Lariat, PowerBoost, SuperCrew, 6.5’
I would have to imagine you have a moonroof?? Whats the build? The more info the better

OP
OP
BigPaulie

BigPaulie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 5.0
Occupation
US Army (Ret)/GS Civilian

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Really annoyed of late. My 21 Screw FX4 when it rains here in the PNW, I hear a sound like water running through pipes then hitting something on the way down. It is in the A pillar area/where the 2 doors meet on the driver's side. My wife and daughter heard it as well. Is this normal? Weatherstrip issue? Never did I hear this in my last 2 F150's. Recorded the sound on my cell. My dealership tech's are baffled. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. Watch your six!
Hi there, Paul! This definitely doesn’t sound like the experience we want you to be having. If you'd like to, go ahead and send a private message to us with your VIN and dealership info. I’d be happy to look into this for you. Thanks!

Spooge1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Was a solution found to the water sound? Having the same issue while driving in rain (which is already dangerous since the wiper motor can go out at any given moment).

Sponsored

ErikJony

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
06 Ford F-150
Have you checked the weatherstrip? probably something wrong with it.

Ford4Ever

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Taurus SEL AWD, 21 F150 Lariat 502a
If you are talking about the A pillar it could be from around the windshield run down but the two doors meet at the B pillar. I noticed that the the way that Ford designed the seals in that area is lacking so you may want to start there. You may want to check the roof also, unlikely as it may be you might have a leak.

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch (600a) PB FX4
Occupation
Sales Manager
Resurrecting this thread - we had an inch of rain here Friday and Saturday experienced the “whooshing” of water sound heard by my entire family, particularly on the passenger side. I just happened to pull the rubber floor mats and the front passenger side footwell was soaked. All the windows were fully closed and I do not have a sunroof but do have power sliding rear window. Truck was parked outside on level ground. Driver’s side is perfectly dry. Truck is driving normally, for now.

I used my wet/dry vac to get a lot of water out and have a dehumidifier running in it overnight. I am so incredibly disappointed in Ford . . . will book service appointment tomorrow but have zero faith in the local dealerships. *sigh*

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
This video addresses some possibilities for water sounds related to the driver's side. Admittedly not what the title of the video is about.

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
It could be the sound of the water running through the drain tubes IF you have the moonroof, which would mean the drain tubes are doing their job. But I would still investigate further to see if there’s water in the cab in some place it should not be.

Sponsored

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch (600a) PB FX4
Occupation
Sales Manager
After further investigation (and watching video linked above), peeled back scuff plate and passenger side was full of water, as shown below. Whooshing of water sound comes from this water sloshing forward and back under acceleration/deceleration while driving. Since I do not have the sunroof, seems issue would need to be windshield or rear window . . . amount of water is considerable given we got only an inch of rain meaning in my mind that the leak has to be at a drain point for the entire roof making me lean towards windshield first.
Ford F-150 When it rains, I hear a waterfall near A pillars. Anyone else hear this? 8F8D3B15-9172-4F4B-BF61-26B2EB0EBB38

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Glad you located the sound source.
Now the challenge is to discover the water route.
Sponsored