Sponsored

When is the F-150 2022 build configurator coming?

Mixxfixx

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Coming who knows when 202? F150 screw Lariat
Occupation
Professor
I've heard two theories. One is there was a shortage of the tiny LCD displays that went inside the knobs. The other was for safety. Looking down to the knobs takes your eyes farther off the road than the top edge of the screen.
It’s def a chip shortage issue. GM pulled it out of their trucks as well.
Sponsored

Orange-F150

First Name
Werner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
It’s def a chip shortage issue. GM pulled it out of their trucks as well.
I saw a youtube review yesterday from jvetta showing the dropped features on the '22 vs the '21. The temperature digital display is one, but then there's also no more cup holder ambient lighting, glove box lighting and the license plate lights are not LED anymore.....

I think it sucks to move the temperature readings to the main 12" screen, I liked the look of it on the dial.

RoccoL

First Name
Rocco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Explorer
Occupation
IT
Late 2022 or early 2023 maybe??

Am i the only one who finds it shocking that as of Dec 28, 2021 Ford has not updated their site with 2022 MY F150 configurator.
I tried to build a ‘22 as well, still was not able…

Sponsored

OP
OP
F150SWPlat

F150SWPlat

First Name
Aleksandr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platinum 2021-2022
Occupation
IT
Ford wants you to order a 2022, but they wont show it to you…yet.

Ford F-150 When is the F-150 2022 build configurator coming? E645E2E8-8FCD-47FE-942C-B49BFA04D5E1

Farm Guy

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum
Occupation
Farmer
Late 2022 or early 2023 maybe??

Am i the only one who finds it shocking that as of Dec 28, 2021 Ford has not updated their site with 2022 MY F150 configurator.
Nope I have been waiting also.
I check it everyday.
Guess its Covid, yea

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150
I can just hear Jim Farley say that they spared no expense while this is their one and only web page designer

4030FDF0-59A3-4E9F-91AC-0446FC67D52A.jpeg

Good news everyone, Nedry is pumping out 2022 B&P updates, just not for non electric F-150s yet, check back next year!

Sponsored

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150
Does seem a tad ridiculous that 2022s are now on dealer lots but the B&P isn't up...
I'm kind of expecting another price bump.

I think that's a big reason they haven't released it yet, moving targets on base prices.

Warhawk

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tacoma, 2022 Lariat SuperCab ordered
Occupation
Air Traffic Controller
Same story next door at GM...theirs was supposed to launch on or near the 5th of this month, I suspect pricing adjustments, editing/removing removed features/or their respective EV launches have put us ICE scum on the back burner haha. Good news is with a sharp dealership/salesman ordering one is no sweat.

PCL

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Tucson, Ford Maverick on order
I'm kind of expecting another price bump.

I think that's a big reason they haven't released it yet, moving targets on base prices.
I would buy into this reasoning except the Maverick B&P came out and was adjusted for price hikes just fine. The pricing and dependencies working in NADA guides means I'm at a loss for why Ford can't just flip the switch.

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150
I would buy into this reasoning except the Maverick B&P came out and was adjusted for price hikes just fine. The pricing and dependencies working in NADA guides means I'm at a loss for why Ford can't just flip the switch.
Bronco B&P also came out and was adjusted for hikes quickly too, but Bronco, Lightning, and Maverick are new shiny things that can’t be easily found on a dealership lot in wide variety. 22 F150s are more expensive 21s with a few minor features removed. I also wonder if Ford is kicking around dropping another engine. Ford increased the price at the end of October just to increase the price again at the end of December. I hope I’m wrong about the price increase, but 2 price increases within two months doesn’t impart a lot of confidence that Ford is sure about pricing.

OP
OP
F150SWPlat

F150SWPlat

First Name
Aleksandr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platinum 2021-2022
Occupation
IT
Bronco B&P also came out and was adjusted for hikes quickly too, but Bronco, Lightning, and Maverick are new shiny things that can’t be easily found on a dealership lot in wide variety. 22 F150s are more expensive 21s with a few minor features removed. I also wonder if Ford is kicking around dropping another engine. Ford increased the price at the end of October just to increase the price again at the end of December. I hope I’m wrong about the price increase, but 2 price increases within two months doesn’t impart a lot of confidence that Ford is sure about pricing.
You’re right MY22 switch was an increase immediately followed by another. When has this ever happened before.

And we don't know if dealers will honor the original order date pricing. Yes, they are supposed to, but some are already claiming they will not price protect retail orders from price increases.
Sponsored