Sponsored

When can I realistically expect to get my truck?

docprego

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia
I have an RV arriving next month and thought I had this truck purchase timed well for it. Unfortunately Ford has other plans with it being rescheduled 5 times already. I know some of my options are associated with delays so based on my build below when can I realistically expect to receive this truck? Should I buy one locally off the lot?

Thanks

Ford F-150 When can I realistically expect to get my truck? ?hash=c401ec81f14aa4fc90d92f272402d382

Ford F-150 When can I realistically expect to get my truck? Screen Shot 2021-04-28 at 10.38.59 PM

Ford F-150 When can I realistically expect to get my truck? Screen Shot 2021-04-28 at 11.31.30 PM
Sponsored

solarity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
Hahahaha

Joking aside, buy off the lot, if you don't mind paying extra for some items you don't want or don't get every item you wanted. If they have your exact build, then buy it ASAP!

I thought I timed my floor mats and bed cover, both have been collecting dust for months. You have Max Tow and KC is closed for AT LEAST a month. I would say mid/late summer at best looking at how bad things are now.

If it makes you feel better, I ordered mine at the start of January and it was rescheduled a few times, finally built on the 19th and hanging out on Ramp 59 in Dearborn.

If mine takes more than a couple months I am just going to wait for a 2022.

UNIKRN150

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pinto SE 4x4
Hahahaha

Joking aside, buy off the lot, if you don't mind paying extra for some items you don't want or don't get every item you wanted. If they have your exact build, then buy it ASAP!

I thought I timed my floor mats and bed cover, both have been collecting dust for months. You have Max Tow and KC is closed for AT LEAST a month. I would say mid/late summer at best looking at how bad things are now.

If it makes you feel better, I ordered mine at the start of January and it was rescheduled a few times, finally built on the 19th and hanging out on Ramp 59 in Dearborn.

If mine takes more than a couple months I am just going to wait for a 2022.
I went to the dealer to buy my new truck last November. He didn't have anything even close to what I wanted and we both kept looking until I finally gave up and ordered it in March.

I "need" a reg cab short bed 4x4 with Max Tow and a 5.0 to haul my equipment around steep, narrow, twisty mountain dirt/mud roads with sharp switchbacks.

They just don't make those anymore.

Diceman

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Hybrid, Rapid Red, 6.5 bed
Occupation
Retired US Navy, retired manufacturing
I looked for a truck with the options I wanted in a five hundred mile radius with no luck. I wanted what I wanted and paying 75k I wasn't going to settle for anything less. I wasn't in any time crunch to have a truck by a certain date so that helped. My salesman was honest when he told me a normal year 8-10 weeks but this year I can't really say it might be 4-5 months with supply shortages. My truck went into production yesterday (4/28) at Dearborn and I hope it doesn't get stuck on ramp 59 waiting for parts. Out of my control and it is frustrating but I guess if my biggest worry is waiting on a 75k truck life ain't so bad.

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 5.0L Lariat FX4 Space White SCREW
I looked for a truck with the options I wanted in a five hundred mile radius with no luck. I wanted what I wanted and paying 75k I wasn't going to settle for anything less. I wasn't in any time crunch to have a truck by a certain date so that helped. My salesman was honest when he told me a normal year 8-10 weeks but this year I can't really say it might be 4-5 months with supply shortages. My truck went into production yesterday (4/28) at Dearborn and I hope it doesn't get stuck on ramp 59 waiting for parts. Out of my control and it is frustrating but I guess if my biggest worry is waiting on a 75k truck life ain't so bad.

Only 500 miles radius?! That's nothing ;) . I just finished a full week of searching across the country. I honestly don't mind flying to the west coast and drive a truck back to the east. If I found one.
I feel your pain. Not going to settle for items I don't want or things that I really want and are not there. Looks like I am postponing my order for now. It's not a do-or-die for me to have the truck now so I'll get what I want when they are ready to deliver.

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 5.0L Lariat FX4 Space White SCREW
I actually went state by state (well, almost) and dealer by dealer (also almost :D ), as well as Autotrader.
I'll follow your advise. I spoke with several dealers and will reach out to them again. Thank you.
Sponsored