First Name
Irnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F250 6.7 ordered 2022 F150 Tremor
Occupation
Tree monkey
Hello all, first post here and need some experienced input. It’s time to trade my 22 F250 and with fuel prices at a ridiculous all time high I’m wanting to get into another F150. I stopped at my Ford dealer yesterday and really like the mid level (402A is it) but man that huge gap in the rear wheel well is some turnoff. Looks like what we used to do and throw shackles back there to jack the rear ends up haha. Lifting the front end to help compensate for the rake, then it sticks the truck up in the air higher and more wind resistance further reducing fuel economy plus that excessive wheel wheels gap further makes the 33’s look smaller. Going to 35’s to help reduce wheel gap would sure look sharp but again it reduces fuel economy (I read these trucks get 2-3MPG less than a comparable F-150 3.5EB) Has anyone possibly pulled a rear leaf to reduce its height then run airbags when towing to stop its squatting ?? Just a thought ?? I’d like to leave the front end stock height and drop the arse end at least I was hoping to. Thanks in advance and Happy Easter
Sponsored

Last edited:

Blueshound

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Good morning and happy Easter! I think it depends on how you use the truck. Lots of others don't like the rake, though personally I don't mind it at all. There are about a million other threads on ways people modify their suspension. I'm sure you will get a good price for your F250 regardless.

Billy231

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerstroke
Occupation
Retired
I understand your point as many others feel the same way. Depending how you utilize this truck, as far as towing or transporting any type of weight usually somewhat levels it. That youll have to examine upon delivery. I know the Tremor has a 2.25" block over the rear axle, and likely unless you have a Max tow, only 1 main leaf spring. Not much you can do there. I have a Lariat with no Max Tow pkg., and my rear axle block is only 1.25", so an option there is to locate a smaller block which is an easy fix, being many here look for your larger block, and you can drop 1" in the rear which would likely be the way to go.
As I said, I have a 2021 Lariat, I wanted to purchase a Tremor but wanted a diesel, hated the chrome as well, so I purchased some take off wheels/tires and suspension. I got .75" height in the front via suspension, then another .50" by going to a 33" 275/70-18 tire. It is noticeable believe it or not and I lost the big rake that it had. I also, added Husky rear wheel liners and now that whole rear tire wheel well is black and you definitely need those in Canada as well as it visually hides any body color that will appear to make the truck look taller in the rear.

Zyvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Crew, FX4, Lariat
Swap out the rear blocks with the regular (non tremor)4x4 size. 30 min and you have a great looking truck.

futuretrunks

First Name
Jewelrean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
honda accord ‘18 ford bronco ‘21
Occupation
manager
Hello all, first post here and need some experienced input. It’s time to trade my 22 F250 and with fuel prices at a ridiculous all time high I’m wanting to get into another F150. I stopped at my Ford dealer yesterday and really like the mid level (402A is it) but man that huge gap in the rear wheel well is some turnoff. Looks like what we used to do and throw shackles back there to jack the rear ends up haha. Lifting the front end to help compensate for the rake, then it sticks the truck up in the air higher and more wind resistance further reducing fuel economy plus that excessive wheel wheels gap further makes the 33’s look smaller. Going to 35’s to help reduce wheel gap would sure look sharp but again it reduces fuel economy (I read these trucks get 2-3MPG less than a comparable F-150 3.5EB) Has anyone possibly pulled a rear leaf to reduce its height then run airbags when towing to stop its squatting ?? Just a thought ?? I’d like to leave the front end stock height and drop the arse end at least I was hoping to. Thanks in advance and Happy Easter
I used the pro comp 2.5 level on mine. Here are before and after pics. (First is the only before) it’s only been a few days but my mpg has been steady at 17.5

Ford F-150 Whats with the new Tremor 142B9FF0-98CA-4392-92D2-8FB25F10BD99

Ford F-150 Whats with the new Tremor 41F22C61-945D-46D3-AA29-90AC77C2618B

Ford F-150 Whats with the new Tremor 479E66B5-9D2D-4B42-9141-B34B1EB0120F

Ford F-150 Whats with the new Tremor 38CFD528-8F2A-4DB8-B99E-E93DDC07BCB5

Sponsored

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
Just had a thought that I'm sure others have had, and that is I wonder if the rear is designed for the overland RTT crowd, that would be running a significant amount of weight back there at all times? That would bring it down to "reasonable" rake.

OP
OP

Whippleyote

First Name
Irnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tree monkey
Good morning and happy Easter! I think it depends on how you use the truck. Lots of others don't like the rake, though personally I don't mind it at all. There are about a million other threads on ways people modify their suspension. I'm sure you will get a good price for your F250 regardless.
Yes I’ve been flipping low km super duty’s every 6 months so our fine neighbours in the USA hopefully catch a bit of a break over buying new. I hate to see this F250 lariat go, especially with the special appearance package (colour matched grille, bumpers and mirror caps) because it’s a gorgeous truck but I really don’t need a big diesel for the amount I actually pull heavy loads. I have tho just recently purchased a swing sawmill and sure I’ll be needing to haul the odd load of logs in my very near future. Ive been fortunate to have had a few F150’s, 2010 Lariat, 2019 limited and just before this Oxford white F250 lariat I’m driving now, with their being next to nothing to choose from, I took a 21 XLT 301A extended cab in velocity blue with the 3.5EB and I should’ve kept that little truck because it was great I really enjoyed it and primarily the reason I want to go back to a 150… I just got back from the dealership last night and haven’t done any research on GVWR and payloads but I know I don’t need leather guts because I think and I could be wrong it’s an extra 8k for the 402A over the 401A. My egos not that big of I have to have the best of the best and besides I think I prefer cloth over leather especially being I hope to keep this truck and not trade it

OP
OP

Whippleyote

First Name
Irnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tree monkey
I understand your point as many others feel the same way. Depending how you utilize this truck, as far as towing or transporting any type of weight usually somewhat levels it. That youll have to examine upon delivery. I know the Tremor has a 2.25" block over the rear axle, and likely unless you have a Max tow, only 1 main leaf spring. Not much you can do there. I have a Lariat with no Max Tow pkg., and my rear axle block is only 1.25", so an option there is to locate a smaller block which is an easy fix, being many here look for your larger block, and you can drop 1" in the rear which would likely be the way to go.
As I said, I have a 2021 Lariat, I wanted to purchase a Tremor but wanted a diesel, hated the chrome as well, so I purchased some take off wheels/tires and suspension. I got .75" height in the front via suspension, then another .50" by going to a 33" 275/70-18 tire. It is noticeable believe it or not and I lost the big rake that it had. I also, added Husky rear wheel liners and now that whole rear tire wheel well is black and you definitely need those in Canada as well as it visually hides any body color that will appear to make the truck look taller in the rear.
Good information for me to look further into. I’ll be crawling in underneath some different trucks on tje lot next time I drive 1-1/4hrs to my dealer on Tuesday. Dropping a load onto tje rear end of these trucks and what is it like almost 4” it’ll sag, I can just imagine how many blinded oncoming vehicles will be cursing me with my blinding headlights. Although it’s not a huge amount I agree as I swapped out the OEM tires on my 21 extended cab XLT with Toto open country 33” and the truck filled the wheel Wells nicely. Yes I’ll look into the rear wheel well liners as I’ve installed them on a few different super duty’s and it sure does clean that open area up

OP
OP

Whippleyote

First Name
Irnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tree monkey
I used the pro comp 2.5 level on mine. Here are before and after pics. (First is the only before) it’s only been a few days but my mpg has been steady at 17.5

142B9FF0-98CA-4392-92D2-8FB25F10BD99.jpeg

41F22C61-945D-46D3-AA29-90AC77C2618B.jpeg

479E66B5-9D2D-4B42-9141-B34B1EB0120F.jpeg

38CFD528-8F2A-4DB8-B99E-E93DDC07BCB5.jpeg
Sharp looking ride and if I was 10yrs younger I wouldn’t mind one bit having to climb that high to get to the running board but I want that entire truck down

OP
OP

Whippleyote

First Name
Irnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tree monkey
Just had a thought that I'm sure others have had, and that is I wonder if the rear is designed for the overland RTT crowd, that would be running a significant amount of weight back there at all times? That would bring it down to "reasonable" rake.
Yes I’m sure once a hefty payload is dropped onto the back end I’m sure that’ll squat it down. Has ford possibly using softer leafs to help compensate for the rear ends wanting to kick sideways over rough terrain? I dunno

F150craycray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Tremor
I love the rake, its one of the reasons I bought the Tremor. I find the step up & in very comfortable & I'm mid 50s
Sponsored