What's missing from 2021 F-150?

don.mullins

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 3.5 Powerboost Platinum
Frankly, the only hardware thing I see missing is physical controls to operate Car Play (and I assume Android Auto). Everything Else on my list can be addressed via software, and having OTA updates enables that.
Sponsored

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Very specific to Powerboost 7.2kW builds, but missing a 12V in the front stack/console still irks me. I'm getting by with the 1 fast (USB-C) and 1 regular (USB-A) from inside the console but it sucks not to use my dual fast Qi charger anymore.

bulger81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
I wish they had the rear corner retractable step like they do on f250. 36 gallon should be standard For crew max. Tundras are mostly 38 so it’s not a big expense.

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2

Sponsored

HCFX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat BAP
I only got the copilot 2.0. Decided not to spring for the extra assist 2.0 (lariat 501a). So you don’t like to use the adaptive cruise control?
My 2020 Lariat was the first truck I've ever purchased off the lot, it quickly reminded me why I always ordered my trucks without any of that shit. The adaptive cruise loves to jam on the brakes when I'm passing a shiny tanker trailer driving slowly in the next lane or anything bright that's reflecting on the pavement in my lane. It caught me off guard a few times before I turned it back to normal cruise control.

Lane Keep assist loves to confuse cracks or seams in the road for lines and nags at my steering wheel all the time. Pre-collision assist likes to scream at me like I'm about to hit a car that's slowing down 13 counties ahead of me even on the lowest setting.

No thanks. All that driver assistance junk turned off and gone to waste. I prefer to drive my own truck.

Jerry Can

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 KR Powerboost, 2-tone Rapid Red, 157”
Occupation
Fuel Container
Pre-collision assist likes to scream at me like I'm about to hit a car that's slowing down 13 counties ahead of me even on the lowest setting.

No thanks. All that driver assistance junk turned off and gone to waste. I prefer to drive my own truck.
I’m on the fence about pre-collision. The other day I had to brake quickly, but also avoided braking too hard because of a tailgater behind me. However, the truck decided I wasn’t quick enough and slammed on the brakes for me. It was so unnecessary that I tried to accelerate through the emergency braking Unsuccessfully. Fortunately I wasn’t rear ended. I don’t like the computer completely taking away my control.

rikker

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Lariat Sport PB, 20 Escape Titanium Hybrid
Occupation
Distributor/Dirt Mover
Very specific to Powerboost 7.2kW builds, but missing a 12V in the front stack/console still irks me. I'm getting by with the 1 fast (USB-C) and 1 regular (USB-A) from inside the console but it sucks not to use my dual fast Qi charger anymore.
I’m with you on that. I have to plug my device into the rear seat plug. Do non Powerboost have 12v up front?

bigskydu

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum 6.5' Powerboost
Heads Up Display with "speed / inclination / turn directions / sync4 or carplay info" on the front windshield is the only major thing missing. For an $80k truck, it's sort of insane to not have technology that luxury vehicles have had for 5+ years.
Sponsored